Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Best of luck KB :)

This sounds class think I'll be doing it

https://dublinzoo.digitickets.co.uk/event/341583?catID=926

We went to their early morning valentines thing, and it was just brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

January wrote: »
    Sounds brilliant!
    We went to their early morning valentines thing, and it was just brilliant.

Yea it sounds class would love to go, I'd say its brilliant.

Just may have to wait till next year not sure if the girlfriend be able for it, she's having back problems and by that stage be just short of 8 months pregnant.

Was the Valentines thing the same deal as this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That sounds awesome. Must see if I can rope some people into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It was a little different, it was early morning entry, before the zoo opened to the public in general. We were brought round different animals where the keepers gave talks on the animals, along with their partnership and mating habits. It was all really interesting, and they could cover stuff they never could if there were kids present, so it was good craic too. We got goodie bags with a rose, a picnic lunch and a few other bits and pieces too.

This one sounds great too!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Bet the baby doesn't sleep in her own room for the first 9/10 months :p The more kids I've had, the longer they've spent in my room. Luke sleeps right through his daddies snoring so it's great :D The girls are light sleepers though so they were always moved out before 3 months so we all got some peace and they slept longer. It was a vicious circle of baby being woken by snoring and then us being woken by baby!

I'm feeling ok today, think I may be getting an infection in my wound though... trying to keep it as clean and dry as possible but being over weight is not helping at all and it's rubbing constantly. Just trying to keep on top of the pain meds and not do too much, like I did yesterday! I ended up asleep at 7.30pm and Luke slept right through a feed and didn't wake until the next one.

Hopefully you're not in too much pain today :(

Your poor dog :( Hope she's ok!

sounds very eventful!! PM me if you fancy a rant, I'm always moaning!!
    It's alright. Still very sore but I walked 2 miles yesterday evening and another two miles today (it's 1 mile to work and then home). I'm sore and I've a limp, but I'm doing it. I've decided I'm going to be in pain anyway!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

I'd love to do that!!! but I've a busy few weeks then! Got a wedding that weekend, then another wedding the following weekend and then the following weekend its one of the lads on the rugby teams stag!!

My wallet and liver will not thank me for this haha :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

kellief wrote: »
    sounds very eventful!! PM me if you fancy a rant, I'm always moaning!!
    It's alright. Still very sore but I walked 2 miles yesterday evening and another two miles today (it's 1 mile to work and then home). I'm sore and I've a limp, but I'm doing it. I've decided I'm going to be in pain anyway!!

I've a good big rant about the hospital if anyone wants to hear it lol... I told them, I knew that if they hooked my up to that oxytocin drip it would end up in a csection but would they listen, noooooooooooooo... doctors know best.

None of it matters though really, once Luke got here safe and sound and he did. He's such a great baby, just feeds and sleeps and only cries when he's looking for a feed or getting his nappy changed! (He has already pee'd on me :\ )

Pain is a bitch :( suppose it doesn't help when you've to suffer through it daily, at least I know in a few weeks I'll be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I've a good big rant about the hospital if anyone wants to hear it lol... I told them, I knew that if they hooked my up to that oxytocin drip it would end up in a csection but would they listen, noooooooooooooo... doctors know best.

None of it matters though really, once Luke got here safe and sound and he did. He's such a great baby, just feeds and sleeps and only cries when he's looking for a feed or getting his nappy changed! (He has already pee'd on me :\ )

Pain is a bitch :( suppose it doesn't help when you've to suffer through it daily, at least I know in a few weeks I'll be ok.

Rant away!! I understand more than most the horrors of pain!!!
    Oh dear, that does not sound good!! I know, once he is safe it's all that matters, but it's horrible to go through the pain for it!!

He's just making sure you know who's boss, that's all!!! :)

gregers85 wrote: »
    I'd love to do that!!! but I've a busy few weeks then! Got a wedding that weekend, then another wedding the following weekend and then the following weekend its one of the lads on the rugby teams stag!!

My wallet and liver will not thank me for this haha :pac:

I'm still not giving up hope of doing it just yet, not sure if it will sell out but just a matter of waiting to see how the girlfriend feels at the time can't pre plan.

Sounds like a rough / good few weeks for you though :) I've a wedding myself the end of June to go to looking forward to that it will be my last night of drinking for a bit so reckon I'll be having more than just a few :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Hope the gf's back is feeling better soon, Marty. That must be really awful for her :(

Going to the cinema later with himself. Seen pretty much every bloody film that's out now, bar Pompeii.

Also, haven't bitten my nails in 11 days. Any of ye who met me in person know how gross they were. I've never actually met anyone with worse nails than me. :o they're growing though, enough that they've gotten caught in things and they look nice when I paint them!

Also, won some liquids for my e-cig. Package arrived this morning. Thought I'd get about 5, but actually got 15 bottles. Woke up to see my sisterhad aalready opened the package and was vaping one of them, the bitch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Hope the gf's back is feeling better soon, Marty. That must be really awful for her :(

Going to the cinema later with himself. Seen pretty much every bloody film that's out now, bar Pompeii.

Also, haven't bitten my nails in 11 days. Any of ye who met me in person know how gross they were. I've never actually met anyone with worse nails than me. :o they're growing though, enough that they've gotten caught in things and they look nice when I paint them!

Also, won some liquids for my e-cig. Package arrived this morning. Thought I'd get about 5, but actually got 15 bottles. Woke up to see my sisterhad aalready opened the package and was vaping one of them, the bitch :pac:
    I remember hearing someone saying that they heard someone describing Pompeii as "Like 300, only instead of Greeks they are fighting a volcano".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Angron wrote: »
    I remember hearing someone saying that they heard someone describing Pompeii as "Like 300, only instead of Greeks they are fighting a volcano".

I've never seen 300, so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing :pac:

Also got a ticket to the rugby semi-final on Saturday. And I did extra hours in work this week, so an extra 80 quid in my wages tomorrow. This is a good week.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I've never seen 300, so I don't know if that's a good or bad thing :pac:

Also got a ticket to the rugby semi-final on Saturday. And I did extra hours in work this week, so an extra 80 quid in my wages tomorrow. This is a good week.
    I'm more inclined to say it's a wrong thing, cause I'm quite confident the people don't actually fight the volcano :P

Angron wrote: »
    I'm more inclined to say it's a wrong thing, cause I'm quite confident the people don't actually fight the volcano :P

You can't tell me what I can't do. If I want to fight a volcano, I'll fight a bloody volcano.

Jasus folks, I have to say I'm in great form altogether. Lots of things seem to clicking together in a good way. Nice little night off now. Some ribs in the oven and I might have to open up my bar :)

Something to smoke would be nice but you can't have it all I guess. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

Just discovered this awesome alcoholic lemonade in the shops today- Amstel Radler. It's yummy and refreshing.
    Going to stick on some Breaking Bad and kick back and relax. :) My dog is fine for the most part- still a grumpy little ****. :pac:
    Looking forward to going into town tomorrow- haven't been up Grafton Street in yonks!

McChubbin wrote: »
    Just discovered this awesome alcoholic lemonade in the shops today- Amstel Radler. It's yummy and refreshing.
    Going to stick on some Breaking Bad and kick back and relax. :) My dog is fine for the most part- still a grumpy little ****. :pac:
    Looking forward to going into town tomorrow- haven't been up Grafton Street in yonks!

Are you watching it for the first time or rewatching?

I'd love to be able to go back and watch it all again for the first time. It was so good.

Orim wrote: »

I'd love to be able to go back and watch it all again for the first time. It was so good.
    Watching for the first time. Kinda hard to avoid all the spoilers, though. :/
    Still, I've just started on Season 2 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :) Bryan Cranston is a mighty fine actor!

Watching for the first time. Kinda hard to avoid all the spoilers, though. :/
    Still, I've just started on Season 2 and I'm thoroughly enjoying it. :) Bryan Cranston is a mighty fine actor!

Very jealous. Don't worry about the spoilers, the journey is as important as the plot and the twists.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Orim wrote: »

I'm planning on rewatching, except in Spanish!

I'd say that'd be awesome. "Di mi nombre!"

Don't think I've complained about it here lately. I hate not being able to sleep.

• Advertisement

Found a rather large amount of grey hairs on my forehead today. I'm only 26! D: *reaches for the hair dye*
    Also found out from the doctor that I have a suspected under active thyroid which would explain quite a lot. Oh well. It's nothing life threatening so I'm not too worried about it. My Ma has the same condition so I kind of know what to expect.
    Also, saw this on my FB newsfeed and I drooled all over my keyboard:
    307161.jpg
    Such realism! Much shading! D: :pac:

Weighed myself for the first time since giving birth today and I'm lighter now than when I got pregnant :D Not a big lot but was 14st 1lb when I got pregnant, I put on just over a stone (15st 5lb I think I was at last check before baby was born) and I now weigh 13st 12lb :D

It's given me an extra little boost since I cannot exercise properly for another 4 weeks because of the section.

That's awesome, January! Hope you are recovering well and the baby's not keeping you up all night. :)

That's awesome, January! Hope you are recovering well and the baby's not keeping you up all night. :)

Recovering well, scar is rubbing so it's sore but managable, I have that lovely tylex stuff to keep me going though. And Luke, well he is an amazing sleeper and feeder, he's just over 8lbs now at 2 weeks old and sleeps most nights for 4/5 hours before waking for a feed and then going straight back asleep until morning. I'm a very lucky mammy.

8lbs at 2 weeks old?! :eek: Sounds like a little bruiser! :pac: Sounds like he'll grow up to be a big 'un in the future. :)

8lbs at 2 weeks old?! :eek: Sounds like a little bruiser! :pac: Sounds like he'll grow up to be a big 'un in the future. :)

He was 7lbs 11 (and a half)oz when born so it's not a big leap but babies lose weight when they are born too and he had gone down to 7lbs 2oz before we left the hospital and reached his birth weight again on Monday when he was weighed so to be 8lbs two days later is awesome. He'll definitely be a bigger baby than my girls, they all struggled to put weight on and one was even being monitored for being underweight for a good while so it's a welcome change!

Good to hear that you're both doing well J.

Had a little delivery myself today.

10314022_10201212709354547_1584777087034781275_n.jpg

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

My nuts hurt ;)

That is all!!!

• Advertisement

Frozen bag of peas is your friend.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement