Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Heyoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Hulloooooo!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

How's it going?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Hello! I should be in bed but left some important study last minute so doing that instead since my exam is at 9.30. How are you?

Not too bad! Rounding off the long weekend with a few drinks and having doggy cuddles. Can't complain! How are things with you?

• Advertisement

Have exams in college myself KB. First one on Wednesday so I'm alternating between procrastination and panic study.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Hello folks! Been an awful long time so I thought I'd pop in and see how everyone was!

Batten down the hatches!

Adiboo wrote: »
    Batten down the hatches!

That just reminds me of a snow patrol song...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

My gran passed away this evening. Thankfully she went peacefully in her sleep after a long tough week. Poor woman. Far too young, but far too sick to put up with it any longer :(

Ankhyu wrote: »
    My gran passed away this evening. Thankfully she went peacefully in her sleep after a long tough week. Poor woman. Far too young, but far too sick to put up with it any longer :(

Ah god, so sorry to hear that. It's a tough aul time, only went through it with my own fairly recently. My thoughts are with you and yours.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry for your loss Ankhyu :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I'm so sorry, Ankhyu. You're in my thoughts. Pm me if you need anything. X

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Sorry to hear that Ankhyu. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Sorry for your loss Ankhyu

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

Thanks guys.

Gardening sucks don't know how anyone enjoys it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I enjoy garening tbh. I find it relaxing. Getting dirt iout of my cuticles after is a pain in the ass, though.

Went in to visit my mam today. She's being tested for TB now. Results tomorrow. If she has it, she'll be in isolation and myself and my sisters will all need testing. She seems in good form, though, and looks better than she did yesterday. :)

Haven't bitten my nails in 3 days, which is nothing short of a miracle for me. I usually bite til they bleed, bite off the cuticles, bite the skin, everything. Never managed to stop for more than half a day before. They already look better after 3 days :)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,611 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Gardening sucks don't know how anyone enjoys it.

Yep I want my whole garden concreted.Absolutely hate having to cut grass/trees/weeding.
    Concrete the lot of it..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm very sorry to hear that Ankhyu, thoughts are with you and your family.x

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm exhausted, need to tidy up my pc, the c drive is very small and is almost full, while the 1.4 terabyte D drive is ready and waiting for all my junk!! :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

My front garden is just shy of an acre in size. It's a lawn like that we cut. My parents are moving house next month and the garden is maybe 15x15 feet and even that is getting paved over :p

Hellrazer wrote: »
    Yep I want my whole garden concreted.Absolutely hate having to cut grass/trees/weeding.
    Concrete the lot of it..

Ah stop it's a pain and it grow so quick in the summer, spent the day doing the front and back garden then trimming back a wall climber going down the length of the back garden wall, front garden ain't to bad back garden is fairly big and right pain in the arse. The worst bit is I'm a bit OCD when it comes to doing things, so as much as I hate it I still wont stop till I have it done right one little branch out of place will irritate me :pac::o.

I'm with ya on the concrete the lot of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Hate concrete garden. Never looks nice. Nothing makes a garden look as good as fresh cut grass with a table and chairs outside on a nice day and of course a few cold bottles of bulmers chilling in the fridge.
    I have one of them small fridges that you can carry around so I can plug that in and chill out in nice weather.
    So I'm finally getting around to getting my Maori sleeve finished. Booked in for Saturday 31st of this month for 5 hour session.
    Ankyhu real sorry to hear of your gran.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Morning all. Well my Thursday session is going ahead but a change of plan on the design. He's not doing the Facehugger for now (he's gonna do that on the other arm in time instead) so he's doing Regan from The Exorcist. He reckons it'll fit in better with the other portraits I ave done and it'll fit in better with the overall theme. Still....can't wait til tomorrow!!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

sorry to hear about your Gran Ankhyu

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

P.K.M. wrote: »
    Morning all. Well my Thursday session is going ahead but a change of plan on the design. He's not doing the Facehugger for now (he's gonna do that on the other arm in time instead) so he's doing Regan from The Exorcist. He reckons it'll fit in better with the other portraits I ave done and it'll fit in better with the overall theme. Still....can't wait til tomorrow!!! :D
    You'll be sponsored by universal studios soon mate.
    I've had such a stressful day. Fiesta can came in with clutch problems and I had to find problem. Found it in a minute. Clutch master cylinder had shat itself so ordered new one and after a poxy hour of trying to put it back in the new one broke. Fcukin things are like made of paper. So had t wait 3 hours for new one and it arrived an took me hour and half lying on my back under the steering wheel reaching above the clutch pedal. Fcukin back is in absolute Shiite so I'm showered dried and in me onesie and I don't feel like a man but fcuk it I'm comfy as fcuk :) rock and roll

You'll be sponsored by universal studios soon mate.
    I've had such a stressful day. Fiesta can came in with clutch problems and I had to find problem. Found it in a minute. Clutch master cylinder had shat itself so ordered new one and after a poxy hour of trying to put it back in the new one broke. Fcukin things are like made of paper. So had t wait 3 hours for new one and it arrived an took me hour and half lying on my back under the steering wheel reaching above the clutch pedal. Fcukin back is in absolute Shiite so I'm showered dried and in me onesie and I don't feel like a man but fcuk it I'm comfy as fcuk :) rock and roll

LOL...yeah.

AHHHH!!! Hate that!! Was doing brakes on an Opel Astra a few years back... The guy was chatting to me and distracting me and when I was putting the caliper back on, I didn't push the piston and pads back in far enough, didn't have the whole thing lined up right. As I was tightening the bolts, it all felt a bit stiff. Instead of re-thinking it...I used brute force and ignorance to tighten the bolts. I kept going...and going...and going...and SNAP!! The brake disk broke! :o Had to go from breakers to breakers to motor factors to get a new disk for the guy. FFS! So a half hour easy job turned into three hours hardship! So yeah...I feel your pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

So after my accounting lecturer finally uploads the solutions the past papers the flipping things are full of mistakes! 0.45 of an hour is not 45 minutes! How are we meant to pass this exam if our lecturer can't do the questions she herself wrote?! Ridiculous.

Tattoo done. Started at 12:15 (ish) and finished about 5pm or so. Just waiting for him to send me pics so I can stick one up for ye. He reckons the next session shouls finishe the sleeve and then we start on the other one. Discussing today how we're gonna do the other arm and there was some savage ideas thrown out there. Can't wait!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Can't wait to see pics.

Back pain and headaches :( Hate the side effects of epidurals.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement