Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »

Jaysus, all Marty thinks about is food. I'm sitting here in his car while he goes to get more food. :pac:

Yeah, what's the problem?? :confused: :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Yeah, what's the problem?? :confused: :pac:

IT'S NOT NORMAL!!!!!

I only have to think about food and I put weight on. I'm not jealous at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

IT'S NOT NORMAL!!!!!

I only have to think about food and I put weight on. I'm not jealous at all....

Normal for blokes
    Especially lads that are doing hard workouts
    I eat every 3 hours
    At least 6 meals a day
    Mostly meat and some salad all mixed with protein shake and I'm in work now and only eat hour ago and I'm starving :)

Normal for blokes
    Especially lads that are doing hard workouts
    I eat every 3 hours
    At least 6 meals a day
    Mostly meat and some salad all mixed with protein shake and I'm in work now and only eat hour ago and I'm starving :)

I have breakfast if i can, occasionally a lunch (if im feeling fancy) dinner, and a small snack about 9 or so. I HATE YOU!!! Saying that, I had dinner at about 6 and I'm genuinely not hungry.

I have breakfast if i can, occasionally a lunch (if im feeling fancy) dinner, and a small snack about 9 or so. I HATE YOU!!! Saying that, I had dinner at about 6 and I'm genuinely not hungry.

Small snack for me consists of small steak, maybe some rabbit or pigeon if I have it in freezer with loads of veg and finished with some fruit and cashews or ordinary peanuts
    I'm aiming for 100kg and then my hard work will really pay out

• Advertisement

Small snack for me consists of small steak, maybe some rabbit or pigeon if I have it in freezer with loads of veg and finished with some fruit and cashews or ordinary peanuts
    I'm aiming for 100kg and then my hard work will really pay out

I have a banana or a couple of crackers......

I have a banana or a couple of crackers......

That's not a meal :)
    If I had crackers if probably have about 8 fillings in between two crackers
    Love me food
    Hate this hole thing about people wanting to being skinny
    Not natural
    :)

That's not a meal :)
    If I had crackers if probably have about 8 fillings in between two crackers
    Love me food
    Hate this hole thing about people wanting to being skinny
    Not natural
    :)

A couple of crackers with butter, a slice of cheese if you're putting effort in. It's not a meal, it's just a snack. I love my carbs too much to be skinny :(

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭RhoDoDenDron

YES! Right, scarification has been rescheduled! I'm popping in tomorrow to get the design scaled and prepare the stencil, and Patric hopes to do it Saturday evening. Fingers crossed that it works out this time! :D

CC, still fancy covering it? It's a Saturday evening though so will totally understand if you've better things to be doing :P

YES! Right, scarification has been rescheduled! I'm popping in tomorrow to get the design scaled and prepare the stencil, and Patric hopes to do it Saturday evening. Fingers crossed that it works out this time! :D

CC, still fancy covering it? It's a Saturday evening though so will totally understand if you've better things to be doing :P

I actually can't do it on Saturday :( sowie

• Advertisement

I actually can't do it on Saturday :( sowie

It's cool, I reckoned you wouldn't be able to. I'm sure I can rope someone else into coming along :P Cheers though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I do hard work outs 3 days a week and run 2 days a week, but I generally only eat twice a day, usually breakfast and dinner, maybe some rice cakes in between if I'm starving. I should be eating 4-5 times a day, but atm I'm just too busy. :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Been up on and off since about 4 am, so I am pooped. Not really looking forward to this bus journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Thinking about food all the time isn't normal? Lolololololololololololol

Starving yourself isn't normal or healthy. You need to eat, and you need to eat smart, either in order to lose weight or gain muscle.

Hellrazer that is awesome mate! Delighted for ya! :-D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Nom food!

I'm a fecker, I graze all the time. I still stay under my calories for the day (most of the time)

Hurrah for Friday :D

Damo, I dunno if you were referring to me with your last post, but I don't starve myself. :pac: I'm on a 1,200 calorie diet, high protein, low carb, and 1,500 on days I work out. It's just that some days I can't eat as frequently as I should, but on those days I make sure that the two meals I have make up my calorie amount for the day. :) Obviously, it'd be better if I could spread it out a bit more but since I work 9 hour shifts with no break (except a ten minute break), and travel 40 minutes to and from work, some days I simply can't eat for several hours, so I have my calorie allowance spread over two meals rather than my desired 4.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Well, looks like the ticket I paid for yesterday wasn't the ticket I received. Fan-bloody-tastic.

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Damo, I dunno if you were referring to me with your last post, but I don't starve myself. :pac: I'm on a 1,200 calorie diet, high protein, low carb, and 1,500 on days I work out. It's just that some days I can't eat as frequently as I should, but on those days I make sure that the two meals I have make up my calorie amount for the day. :) Obviously, it'd be better if I could spread it out a bit more but since I work 9 hour shifts with no break (except a ten minute break), and travel 40 minutes to and from work, some days I simply can't eat for several hours, so I have my calorie allowance spread over two meals rather than my desired 4.

And it's just one reason to add to the list of why you should get the hell out of that job, as what they are doing is illegal, as the minimum allowance is a 30 minute break if you're working 6 hours. At 1,200 you're obviously not starving yourself, but it's pretty much the verge of 'starvation mode' for the body, particularly when you're only eating twice a day. You could actually be hindering your weight loss attempts rather than helping them!

(and it was Cupcake I was directly referring to, she said that thinking of food all the time isn't normal! :D)

And it's just one reason to add to the list of why you should get the hell out of that job, as what they are doing is illegal, as the minimum allowance is a 30 minute break if you're working 6 hours. At 1,200 you're obviously not starving yourself, but it's pretty much the verge of 'starvation mode' for the body, particularly when you're only eating twice a day. You could actually be hindering your weight loss attempts rather than helping them!

(and it was Cupcake I was directly referring to, she said that thinking of food all the time isn't normal! :D)

Whoops, thought you were referring to me. :pac: I'm looking for a new job anyway, don't worry. And because I work in retail, encompassing the hours of 11.30am - 2.30pm, I'm entitled to an unpaid 1 hour break between those times, and a paid 15 minute break. I know what I'm entitled to, but I'm not rocking the boat too much until I get a new job.

I'm not really on the verge of starvation mode, as long as I don't hit under 1,200. I have had it all checked out with my GP and with a dietician and got the approval, but obviously it would be much better if I could eat more frequently, even if I were getting the same calorie intake.

It isn't normal! :p

All the time, no. A lot of the time, yes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

Feet being tattooed as we speak. She's a killer :(

I was genuinely taking the mick, I do be drooling reading some of marty's posts!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Eep! I'm so excited to get started on mine, I'm not gonna think of the pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

jenizzle wrote: »
    Eep! I'm so excited to get started on mine, I'm not gonna think of the pain!

I have 2 small ones on both of my feet, the right was killer but the left was ok strangely lol :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

It's bad but bearable. It's weird how certain bits are making other parts twitch or hurt. Same bit on both feet made my ribs itchy hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

just posting to subscribe so I can watch from afar

just posting to subscribe so I can watch from afar

I'll have to get that restraining order updated, see if they can add "watching from afar" to it... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭Ankhyu

I feckin love when Ghost Town comes on in the shopping centre where I work :D Reminds me of Father Ted

Eso, do you have to traffic stop in your job? I ask cause there's a VIP stand here in the Galway Shopping Centre and the girl working there was asking passers by if they smoked.

I chose the wrong day to wear leather panelled trousers. The sides of my legs are melllllllting!

• Advertisement

Yeah, it's so hot! One of the nicest days so far.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement