Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I hate that 'oh shít' moment when something electric decides to blow up on you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    I have carpet burn though. :( <snip> I fell over, landed off the mats and got carpet burn on my arms. :pac:

Pfft, makes a change from having them on your knees! :D :P

*runs away again*

:pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Or for those of us in the country, that "oh shít moment" where you get floored by a mains fence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Orim wrote: »
    I'm glad you're okay but I have to say the image of you sitting there poking the smouldering remains of your hairdryer is one of the funniest things I've heard.

Dont mock me :p I was terrified to move in case it exploded again!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

*runs away again*

You must be fierce fit with all this running you do :P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Lyssa

That happened to me in a hotel in Manchester once. Hairdryer blew up, lights and power went in room, I'm starkers, in a pitch dark room, rooting in my suitcase trying to find something to wear before the hotel staff come up... >.<

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I just got the fright of my life. I was sitting on my bed drying my hair, as you do, and the bloody hairdryer just exploded!!! Like actually went BOOM, then went on fire. A bit of hairdryer flew off and burned my arm. I nearly shat myself. I was too afraid to move so I just sat there poking it with a hairbrush.....

That does sound terrifying but I wont lie like Orim I pissed myself laughing reading that especially the end bit :pac:.

Glad your okay though :).

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dont mock me :p I was terrified to move in case it exploded again!

Afraid to move in case it exploded again... but not afraid to poke it with your hairbrush? :pac:

Panic logic, gotta love it! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

*runs away again*

What's even worse is, my own mother made a comment similar....

I came in and told her I had carpet burns and she said 'I thought you were in bootcamp, not out with whoever it is you're seeing.' :o:o :mad: :pac:

Afraid to move in case it exploded again... but not afraid to poke it with your hairbrush? :pac:

Panic logic, gotta love it! :D

The hair brush would have protected me if it re-exploded :o

The worst part is that now I can't dry my hair properly so i'm gonna have a head like a mad mans arse tomorrow :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

What's even worse is, my own mother made a comment similar....

I came in and told her I had carpet burns and she said 'I thought you were in bootcamp, not out with whoever it is you're seeing.' :o:o :mad: :pac:

BAA-HAHAHAHAHAHA.

BAA-HAHAHAHAHAHA.

:o Even my dad looked at her and was like 'wtf is wrong with you?' when she said it. :pac:

So have to thank Angron for sorting me with the Pokemon film, have to say it wasn't bad :), I wasn't teary eyed at the end though.

Never cried at Pokemon either tbh. I love the first film though. :D

Well you are both dead inside.

:P

So have to thank Angron for sorting me with the Pokemon film, have to say it wasn't bad :), I wasn't teary eyed at the end though.
    Never cried at Pokemon either tbh. I love the first film though. :D

MONSTERS!!!!

Angron wrote: »
    Well you are both dead inside.

:P

First film I ever cried at was the Fox and the Hound. I still well up if I see it. :o Tbh I cry REALLY easily at films, so I dunno why I didn't at pokemon. :pac:

:pac: I have a soul it just didn't get to me, two films that always get me are American History X and Reign on Me oh and Marley and Me :o.

If anyone has any other pokemon related suggestions now that I've popped my cherry whats the second best film?

I didn't cry at Marley and Me, but that's mainly cause I was really pissed about it basically being ruined for me.

It's a movie about a dog, if you say you don't want to spoil it but say it has a sad ending, what the hell else is going to happen besides the obvious??

:pac: I have a soul it just didn't get to me, two films that always get me are American History X and Reign on Me oh and Marley and Me :o.

If anyone has any other pokemon related suggestions now that I've popped my cherry whats the second best film?

He's hooked!

Marty, want a loan of my gameboy and pokemon games tomorrow? :p

• Advertisement

My vote is skip the rest of the movies, and play some of the games.

My vote is skip the rest of the movies, and play some of the games.

This tbh.

I legit have a gameboy and one or two games floating around if you want. :pac:

I miss my Gameboy :(

He's hooked!

Marty, want a loan of my gameboy and pokemon games tomorrow? :p

First thing I thought of when I read that was how much I'd love to still have a Snes with Mario World, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong :).

Only game I lay these days is the Xbox once every few years when a new GTA comes out I buy that then buy a few more games for a few months.

GTA is the whole reason I got an Xbox bought it drunk one day to play GTA that was one drunken expensive hit on the credit card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭SueBoom

DS, Pokemon White. Do it.

This tbh.

I legit have a gameboy and one or two games floating around if you want. :pac:

Yeh sure go for it, never played one the games ill give it a go :), the games really that good? I always thought peoples love for Pokemon mainly came from the films/cartoon and not the games :o.

While I'm a loyal 151 pokemon fan, I think Heart Gold/Soul Silver on the DS got things spot on.

(I was blown away back in the day when I played Gold, and was able to go back to the region from the first game after finishing it!)

[edit]

Nah Marty the games are great. I'm not a RPG fan, but they're fun and accessible, with enough depth if you get into it all.

First thing I thought of when I read that was how much I'd love to still have a Snes with Mario World, Mario Kart and Donkey Kong :).

Only game I lay these days is the Xbox once every few years when a new GTA comes out I buy that then buy a few more games for a few months.

GTA is the whole reason I got an Xbox bought it drunk one day to play GTA that was one drunken expensive hit on the credit card.

I genuinely think I have a SNES up in the attic. I know there's a NES anyway. I loooooooooooooved Donkey Kong. I loved Mario World too, but Donkey Kong was amazing. :D

Fcuk, I wanna go root out all my old games consoles, I have tonnes of them in my attic, all working. :)

I have a Gameboy Colour with Blue and Gold, a DS that can play GBA games with Ruby, Emerald, FireRed, LeafGreen, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum, HeartGold, Black, White, Black 2 and White 2.

Also have a Pikachu 3DS for the new game in October :D

• Advertisement

Yeh sure go for it, never played one the games ill give it a go :), the games really that good? I always thought peoples love for Pokemon mainly came from the films/cartoon and not the games :o.

Nah, everyone I know started on the cartoons, then got hooked on the games. I'll have a look and see if I can find it tonight, I know I have one somewhere. :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement