Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Orim wrote: »
    I hope it was SG1 :P

Yup. :) I've never actually seen Atlantis or Universe. Plan on watching them but rewatching SG1 at the moment. Seen most of the early seasons when it was on sky but for only bits of the later ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭legspin

It seemed to be kinda dying, with interest tailing off as time went on. Can kick it off again if you guys want?

As Orim said, a stricter time limit wouldn't go amiss. I think you are going to get all the interesting questions asked in a week tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

I agree with a stricter time limit too, they all died off after a week usually. Plus, I'm up after whoops, I want my turn. :pac: I wanna see what evil questions pkm has to throw my way. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Yup. :) I've never actually seen Atlantis or Universe. Plan on watching them but rewatching SG1 at the moment. Seen most of the early seasons when it was on sky but for only bits of the later ones.

I haven't watched Atlantis or Universe either, never saw anything that made me want to watch. Although I hear Atlantis is good. SG1 is amazing though. Great cast of characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Morning folks :).

Is it sacrilegious that I have never seen a pokemon movie? I do remember the cartoon though :o.

Nice one, looking forward to seeing what he turns out for ya!

Yeh can't wait myself :), this is the image I sent him. I dont mind it being adapted and completely changed but I just love the idea behind it and want to keep the main concept, think it could make for a really cool and interesting piece.

526771_536847449683498_1783426291_n.jpg

• Advertisement

Morning folks :).

Is it sacrilegious that I have never seen a pokemon movie? I do remember the cartoon though :o.

KILL THE UNBELIEVER!!

That's a really intriguing image. Could be interesting worked as two seperate images. You know, half on the right forearm and the other on the left.

KILL THE UNBELIEVER!!

That's a really intriguing image. Could be interesting worked as two seperate images. You know, half on the right forearm and the other on the left.

:pac: if someone tells me the best one to watch I'd be willing to give it a viewing :).

Yeh that's not a bad idea at all :), Im thinking more on my calf which I know as the image is wouldn't work but im hoping Tomash has some ideas to adapt it and make it work but if not I would be willing to change the placement.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

First movie. Mewtwo is badass.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I think maybe a stricter time limit would help. We could always repeat people if needed.
    Possibly, but I'd been leaving them open longer simply because people were getting less and less questions!
    Yeh can't wait myself :), this is the image I sent him. I dont mind it being adapted and completely changed but I just love the idea behind it and want to keep the main concept, think it could make for a really cool and interesting piece.

http://sphotos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/526771_536847449683498_1783426291_n.jpg
    Looks deadly! You'd mentioned a red rose, where would you put that in the image? Maybe it's a little cliche, or would be too small for the detail, but sticking out of the barrel of the (unreflected) gun could be nice...
    I'd disagree on that one, I think that the kid has to be pointing the gun at the mirror for it to work, as otherwise they'd be pointing it off into blank space.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Angron wrote: »
    First movie. Mewtwo is the best Pokémon bar none.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,340 ✭✭✭Please Kill Me

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Plus, I'm up after whoops, I want my turn. :pac: I wanna see what evil questions pkm has to throw my way. :p

What makes you think I'd do anything of the sort?? :eek: :D

tumblr_m7xtgqguPp1ryfrfko1_500.gif

On another note, got a call today from a bloke who runs events in the midlands, he offered me a "nixer" doing crowd control/security at an upcoming equestrian event. Easy to know he never met/seen me! :pac: Apparently he got my number from my boxing coach who recommended me. Hopefully I'll get a few more jobs out of it. A few quid would be nice. :D

Looks deadly! You'd mentioned a red rose, where would you put that in the image? Maybe it's a little cliche, or would be too small for the detail, but sticking out of the barrel of the (unreflected) gun could be nice...

I'd disagree on that one, I think that the kid has to be pointing the gun at the mirror for it to work, as otherwise they'd be pointing it off into blank space.

Thats a pretty cool idea but given the image size and placement I have in mind I don't think the red rose coming from the gun would work as it could be to small for the detail although as I said im not dead set on the placement being the leg, I was thinking the red rose be worked into the background because its a dark subject matter and a dark piece with a positive message add the rose for the same kind of symbolism that is attached with a skulls and roses piece.

Good point on the forearms aswell, it's the same reason I think it could be difficult to work onto the calf unless maybe its done in a almost shadowing effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,629 ✭✭✭Adiboo

Just home from the studio. Added a cool old school butterfly :)

946940_10152816061735191_1429193039_n.jpg

Possibly, but I'd been leaving them open longer simply because people were getting less and less questions!

True but I think part of that could down to fatigue with the last being open for too long. Or maybe people just feel they enough for chatting that they're not asking questons.

True. I could be thinking too much about having both hands together and not enough about the individual images.

Probably just down to the fact that i've been seeing loads of those dual pieces and I really like them. But they probably work best with geometric and blackwork and the like.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Spent past hour in Garda station to make sure I don't get arrested
    Seems there's a warrant out for my arrest after se scumbag I sold a car to two years ago was stopped without tax and my name given

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Bastard.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Adiboo wrote: »
    Just home from the studio. Added a cool old school butterfly :)
    It just doesn't seem right if it's not a tramp stamp :pac:

Angron wrote: »
    It just doesn't seem right if it's not a tramp stamp :pac:

Oi, you leave tramp stamps out of this... especially butterfly ones... *shifty eyes*

My sisters and my friend who do bootcamp with me all bailed because they're all tired. Fcuk, looks like I'm going alone so. I'm dreading this. Hopefully feeling embarrassed at going alone will motivate me to push myself harder. :pac:

Could anyone pm me somewhere I might be able to ahem watch that Pokemon movie Angron said? All you lot talking about has me willing to give it a viewing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,641 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Two words for Tv Series freaks like me...

Bates Motel

Absolutely brilliant tv series!!!

I feel so good after that class. I have carpet burn though. :( We were doing high planks (like planking but up on your hands rather than one your forearms), but we'd just been doing tricep curls before that, and I was using heavier weights than usual, so my arms were all shakey, so I fell over, landed off the mats and got carpet burn on my arms. :pac:

Feel fcuking amazing.

I showed the trainers the before and after pic I posted in here a while back and one of them goes 'Holy ****!' and then the two of them told me I have to send it to them on Facebook so they can post it. :pac:

I feel so good after that class. I have carpet burn though. :( We were doing high planks (like planking but up on your hands rather than one your forearms), but we'd just been doing tricep curls before that, and I was using heavier weights than usual, so my arms were all shakey, so I fell over, landed off the mats and got carpet burn on my arms. :pac:

Feel fcuking amazing.

I showed the trainers the before and after pic I posted in here a while back and one of them goes 'Holy ****!' and then the two of them told me I have to send it to them on Facebook so they can post it. :pac:

Ahhhh high planks... my box fit instructor says that high planking is way better than doing press ups on your knee's because knee press ups don't work at all... But the guys at TRX have no problem with knee press ups... conflicting advice always scares me.

January wrote: »
    Ahhhh high planks... my box fit instructor says that high planking is way better than doing press ups on your knee's because knee press ups don't work at all... But the guys at TRX have no problem with knee press ups... conflicting advice always scares me.

I do a lot of high planks while also adding shoulder taps into the mix which I've been told is better again.

I do high planks with leg taps and normal planks with shoulder taps. I never do push ups on my knees, always knees up while I'm doing them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

I just got the fright of my life. I was sitting on my bed drying my hair, as you do, and the bloody hairdryer just exploded!!! Like actually went BOOM, then went on fire. A bit of hairdryer flew off and burned my arm. I nearly shat myself. I was too afraid to move so I just sat there poking it with a hairbrush.....

I just got the fright of my life. I was sitting on my bed drying my hair, as you do, and the bloody hairdryer just exploded!!! Like actually went BOOM, then went on fire. A bit of hairdryer flew off and burned my arm. I nearly shat myself. I was too afraid to move so I just sat there poking it with a hairbrush.....

You reacted better than me tbh, I would have cried like a bitch. :pac:

Hope your heart has stopped racing by now! That must have been scary as fook. :(

Feck that!

I'm glad you're okay but I have to say the image of you sitting there poking the smouldering remains of your hairdryer is one of the funniest things I've heard.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

You reacted better than me tbh, I would have cried like a bitch. :pac:

Hope your heart has stopped racing by now! That must have been scary as fook. :(

It has. ..... kinda. I didn't scream and im proud of that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement