Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Dodd sorry to hear about your ferret. :( Hope the babies will be ok!!!

Wait what??? You're willing to sing in front of loads of people and strangers, and possibly be on TV, but won't sing for Marty? :pac: C'mon!

Yes, because I don't care what strangers think. :cool: I wouldn't sing in front of any of you lot, either! :o

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

You like us, you really like us :D

Angron wrote: »
    You like us, you really like us :D

As much as a fat kid likes cake. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Tommy Tiernan on Michael McIntyre (there is that bloody word again...tyre). You know you're decked when you owe so much money it's not a number, it's a noise. Story of my life.

Eating the motilium and various other tablets tonight....stupid headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Sorry I disappeared for a few days guys, been pretty strange few days round my place but things seem to be returning to normal thankfully.

Im currently at my college waiting for a meeting to start about changing courses and whatnot. ****ting it would be an understatment! Hahaha

• Advertisement

Sorry I disappeared for a few days guys, been pretty strange few days round my place but things seem to be returning to normal thankfully.

Im currently at my college waiting for a meeting to start about changing courses and whatnot. ****ting it would be an understatment! Hahaha

Are you doing alright now? Good luck with the meeting, what college are you in?

Why do I continue to google things related to health? Googled black dots all over vision and the grand conclusion is that I am either old and my eyes are failing, I have migraine (which I do) or a brain aneurism. That was a bad idea.

Do any of you lovely people get them?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

kellief wrote: »
    Why do I continue to google things related to health? Googled black dots all over vision and the grand conclusion is that I am either old and my eyes are failing, I have migraine (which I do) or a brain aneurism. That was a bad idea.

Did it not suggest cancer? That's what google MD normally comes.

How many black dots? I get the odd bit of black that floats across the vision but I've always assumed it's dust particles or something to do with the fact that I'm damn near blind.

But anyway, it's definitely cancer.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Yep - think they're called floaters (no sniggering!). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

My sister went to the doctor about them a few years ago, but she panics over everything anyway. They're not dots as such though, moreso lines. My left eyelid has been twitching for about 4 days now, it's driving me insane!

ETA: here's a simulator! That's what my vision looks like, with the odd black dot at the end of the squiggles! http://anthonyantonellis.com/floaters/

jenizzle wrote: »
    Yep - think they're called floaters (no sniggering!). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Floater

My sister went to the doctor about them a few years ago, but she panics over everything anyway. They're not dots as such though, moreso lines. My left eyelid has been twitching for about 4 days now, it's driving me insane!

ETA: here's a simulator! That's what my vision looks like, with the odd black dot at the end of the squiggles! http://anthonyantonellis.com/floaters/

That's what I have. Thanks Jen. It's always driven me crazy but I've never really bothered looking it up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Things like that in your vision are very common with migraines, so that's probably the cause.
    jenizzle wrote: »

I think that she's describing something else though, floaters are extremely common, as it's usually little bits of stuff in/on your eyes. (Which is why they move when you try to look at them!)

I now have no days off this week :( owner of a store near my house begged me to cover for the next few days. But, he's giving me cash in hand and a bonus on top AND hired my little sister under my recommendation, she starts tomorrow and I'm her trainer! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Can't believe this. I've lost 4 baby ferrets this morning. 3 are struggling to move. 1 is running around.
    Seems to be something wrong with vets phone. And I Havint got the car now.

Oh jesus, I'm so sorry :(

That's terrible.

Thanks for the advice. It must be cancer.

Or migraine. Yes. I've had them for a long time, never paid much heed, but they are definitely more prominent lately. It is more than likely all the stress from this bloody thesis. It's making me go crazy. I thought the doctor was coming for me earlier: see this
    A doctor I saw thought they may be caused by pollen too, which could make sense.

I'm so sorry to hear that doddleranger, are you alright?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Sorry Doddleranger....

I'm so sorry to hear that doddleranger, are you alright?

Just disgusted this happened.
    First the mother and now I've only 2 kits left now.
    The kits would've been ready to go to new homes this Saturday.

Completely understandable. Is there anything else you can do to protect the 2 kits now? I don't know anything about ferrets, but maybe some vitamins/something similar for them could help boost their immune system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Feck man, that sounds horrible

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Ah man, that truely sucks :(

Completely understandable. Is there anything else you can do to protect the 2 kits now? I don't know anything about ferrets, but maybe some vitamins/something similar for them could help boost their immune system?

Trying to feed them cat food now and one is just licking it the other is not even looking at it. Me daughter keeps wanting to play with them but I just can't do anything with them except try get fluids into them and food.
    Really can't believe this is happening. Was looking forward to seeing them grow up as run around like lunatics.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Sorry for what you're going through doddleranger. They might be "only" pets, but it's amazing the attachment you get for them. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

God Doddelrangler so sorry to hear.

My wrist guards will finally have come in to the shop by Friday, over two weeks after ordering them. They said they got delayed but I know a good few other girls who are waiting on equipment longer than me so I'm not very impressed. Especially when I found out I could have got them online for cheaper. :mad:

I hope these two pull through, it cannot be easy to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

Are you doing alright now? Good luck with the meeting, what college are you in?

I am thank you. In UL. Meeting went fantastic so it did :D

All 8 died on me today. Last one died two mins ago.
    I'm absolutely gutted right now.

Trying to explain all this to me daughter was tough. They're gone to ferret heaven to their mammy. And they'll be happy up there playing games and chasing rabbits with their mammy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

That's absolutely **** dodderangler. I'm sorry to hear it.

• Advertisement

Doddle, I'm really sorry. Really really sorry. If there is anything we can do, shout.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement