Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I remember being scared by the movie Species when I was a kid, freaked me out. Eventually forgot about it, and then saw it was on a few years back. Decided to watch it, to see was it as bad as I remember, and I think my general reaction was "Well feck, these effects suck!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I knew you weren't poking fun! Don't worry!! Ah here the lad gave me nightmares.
    I'm watching criminal minds, WHO THE HELL GOES RUNNING IN A FOREST AT NIGHT??????

AT NIGHT!!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

People with a death wish I guess.

Or possibly night vision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Another couple go to run away from murderer, instead of going down the path in the opposite direction of aforementioned murderer, they run towards him.

MADNESS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

The victims in Criminal Minds seem to be getter stupider and stupider. I guess after eight years though its hard to think of new ways for people to die.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

The victims in Criminal Minds seem to be getter stupider and stupider. I guess after eight years t hough its hard to think of new ways for people to die.

People in general are getting dumber. Its a fair reflection of some parts of society :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Jasus that was a long ass day up at 6 for a twelve hour shift then straight from work to the gym were my trainer worked the crap out of me leg day Ill be walking like I got a good seeing to tomorrow :o, then home shower make dinner and lunch for tomorrow finally getting to sit down now to some Sopranos relaxation is the best :).

Hope yehs are all well.

T'was leg day yesterday. Want to try front squats for a while instead of back squats. Legs are sore in a whole different way today.

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

After bragging for so long that I never got addicted to Candy Crush........... I am now addicted to Candy Crush :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

After bragging for so long that I never got addicted to Candy Crush........... I am now addicted to Candy Crush :(

my OH loves it too!! i dont get it at all! haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Hybrid_Theory

gregers85 wrote: »
    my OH loves it too!! i dont get it at all! haha

I never did either... Until tonight that is! Ha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Ha, I haven't seen The Neverending Story since my age was in single figures and I don't remember ever losing sleep over it, but I know that I did think about it a whole lot after it ended. I wish I could stay awake. I try to where possible, because I suffer with awful nightmares.
    FFA I just watched the bit with the wolf on YouTube and have goosebumps and shivers over it
    Guess it still scares the fcuk out of me. Creepy ba5tard of a wolf.
    Ffs man up here D.A lol

Bit late to the party here but may I just say that the neverending story is one of the best cinematic masterpieces OF ALL TIME!!!! When Artax dies..... jesus wept, I just cant.

How is Thursday night treating everyone? I'm having a few drinks and taking embarrassing selfies for instagram. Not even a little bit ashamed.

T'was leg day yesterday. Want to try front squats for a while instead of back squats. Legs are sore in a whole different way today.

Haven't tried front squats yet, done back squats today along with lunges with weights bettween reps of squats, then lying leg curls with squat jumps onto a box in between reps followed by sitting leg curls with standing knee raises in between reps. Then worked on arms and shoulders afterwards and followed by working the abs. Good workout :).

Bit late to the party here but may I just say that the neverending story is one of the best cinematic masterpieces OF ALL TIME!!!! When Artax dies..... jesus wept, I just cant.

How is Thursday night treating everyone? I'm having a few drinks and taking embarrassing selfies for instagram. Not even a little bit ashamed.

I never really got into Never Ending Story when I was a kid, I was all about Home Alone, TMNT and Flight of the Navigator :).

I wish I was having a few drinks bumped into the lads on the way home on there way the pub stupid 6a.m rise.

I never really got into Never Ending Story when I was a kid, I was all about Home Alone, TMNT and Flight of the Navigator :).

I wish I was having a few drinks bumped into the lads on the way home on there way the pub stupid 6a.m rise.

You're missing out! Watch the first one, it all goes downhill after that. For an old movie the special effects hold up really well. FAAAAAALLLKOOOOORRRRR!!!!!

You work too hard Marty!!

Jeez, you squeezed in a hell of lot there fair play.

Shoulders tomorrow plus some arm and abs work. I hate abs .

Deadlifts on Sunday or Monday depending on what mrs googled eyes has planned this weekend. I love deads :D
    Flight of the Navigator

What a movie.

Haven't tried front squats yet, done back squats today along with lunges with weights bettween reps of squats, then lying leg curls with squat jumps onto a box in between reps followed by sitting leg curls with standing knee raises in between reps. Then worked on arms and shoulders afterwards and followed by working the abs. Good workout :).
    Im taking a week off myself1 pre season starts on tuesday!! not looking forward to it haha gonna be hard as fook lol

I love all the 80s crap!!! so cheesey yet so good haha i was a big Jim Henson fan too! loved the muppets and the labyrinth! are we forgetting the goonies??? the ultimate feel good 80s film haha

I love all the 80s crap!!! so cheesey yet so good haha i was a big Jim Henson fan too! loved the muppets and the labyrinth! are we forgetting the goonies??? the ultimate feel good 80s film haha

Only watched that the other week, David Bowies is the man. Pans Labyrinth on the other hand......./shudder

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Flight of the Navigator.

Flight of the Navigator was a class film in it's day!!

Horror films ROCK!! Still haven't come across anything that scares me yet. Although the "spider walk" scene in The Exorcist made me twitch a little at the time...

Had a busy one today, only got in at 10pm. :rolleyes: Watching Trollied on Sky. It's a repeat of Series 2 before Series 3 comes on next month.

You're missing out! Watch the first one, it all goes downhill after that. For an old movie the special effects hold up really well. FAAAAAALLLKOOOOORRRRR!!!!!

Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    261238.jpg

love falkor! legendary! :cool:

• Advertisement

are we forgetting the goonies??? the ultimate feel good 80s film haha

Everyone loves that one. I can actually remember the first time I saw it.

Yeeeaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
    261238.jpg

love falkor! legendary! :cool:

I have a Falkor teddy. My poor ma had to scour the entire world for it. It's one of my favourite things in the world

Everyone loves that one. I can actually remember the first time I saw it.

A classic. Chunk was funny....

I have a Falkor teddy. My poor ma had to scour the entire world for it. It's one of my favourite things in the world

gotta love mammys!!! they're the best :D:D
    P.K.M. wrote: »
    A classic. Chunk was funny....

Hey you guys!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Only watched that the other week, David Bowies is the man. Pans Labyrinth on the other hand......./shudder

I keep meaning to watch Labyrinth...the Goonies as well.

I loooove Pan's Labyrinth, such a good film.

You work too hard Marty!!

I must give it a re watch has been a long time since I seen it :).

Ah I'll make up for it on Saturday having a work night out we only have about two a year really Christmas party and one we organize ourselves much more fun :).
    I hate abs .

What a movie.

Thank fook I thought I was the only person who hated abs it sucks ha, and yes what a movie a true Disney classic and one you can rope nearly any woman into watching since your one from Sex and The City is in it as a teenager.

I'm a huge fan of 80's cheese from the action films down to kids films, can't beat nostalgia.

I loooove Pan's Labyrinth, such a good film.

I have all 3 on DVD :cool: i think the goonies shall be going on soon ha

Labyrinth was another great one. A very young Jennifer Connolly in there too...

Watched The Running Man on telly last night. Haven't seen that in ages!

In another direction, have seen The Lorax about ten times this week, and Monsters Inc. and Despicable Me and Over The Hedge... :rolleyes: Actually I don't mind, I get a great laugh out of them...

gotta love mammys!!! they're the best :D:D

Don't know how she managed it, it would have been pre widely available internet and all.

Everyday is a new battle against the temptation to dye my dogs pink because the look like mini Falkor's when they lay down..... some day!

Pans Lanrynith is amazing, but no face scares the living crap out of me. I've seen it about 10 times, but every time I've to hide behind someone when he comes on.

• Advertisement

Pans Labyrinth on the other hand......./shudder

A Pans Labyrinth is good. You just have to be in the right mood for it.

For a good foreign horror, I give you El Orfanato

Del Toro's original and much better version of the film The Orphanage

subtitles are missing from this :confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement