Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OTB v3 - Revenge of the Banter Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I'm too late now, but an episode of Adventure Time would be my suggestion! :D

I've never watched Adventure Time! I might watch some later. Not feeling productive/well at all today. I just want to nap.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

kellief wrote: »
    I've never watched Adventure Time! I might watch some later. Not feeling productive/well at all today. I just want to nap.

Sometimes you just can't beat a good nap, I always get that feeling of guilt after midday nap though as if I should be doing something more productive.

Off I go to google Adventure Time never heard of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Nothing wrong with a nap as long as it's an actual nap and not falling asleep for about four hours which what I tend to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭P.K.M.

Nothing wrong with a nap as long as it's an actual nap and not falling asleep for about four hours which what I tend to do.

Yeah, happened me the other day. Was about to start something and I was tired from the night before so I said I'd have a quick power nap. When I woke up, I was completely disorientated and a number of hours had passed. :rolleyes: I won't do that again too soon, got nothing done in the end that day,

I think I might have a short nap actually, no one home so it will be quiet. Gave up on the library, not feeling it today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Vet just rang me there. Me ferret died at about 12 o'clock today. She was apparently too small of a ferret to have such a big litter which I already knew but like most pregnancies was unexpected.
    Me daughter is after been crying there. Fcuking horrible when the kids get so attached to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,255 ✭✭✭✭Esoteric_

Vet just rang me there. Me ferret died at about 12 o'clock today. She was apparently too small of a ferret to have such a big litter which I already knew but like most pregnancies was unexpected.
    Me daughter is after been crying there. Fcuking horrible when the kids get so attached to them.

Ah mate, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( That's horrible. :( I hope you and your daughter are okay.x

I need to pick a fcuking song (well, two actually) for my audition on Monday and still have no idea what to do. :( Haven't even had time to practise. :( When Marty was getting food last night and I was waiting in his car, I was singing along to the songs on his iPod, praying to fook he wouldn't come back and hear me. :pac: I still haven't let him hear me sing, even though he's asked several times in the past. :pac:

I'm really stuck. I'd be absolutely delighted to get to the stage I got to last year (through the third round to the live show shortlist), but I'm scared, anxious and nervous because I know how scary it was last year. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭googled eyes

Ah crap. Sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Sorry to hear about your ferret dodderangler :(

My 4 year old loves Adventure Time, my brother showed it to her. It's banned from my house though... I find it too weird for a 4 year old! Although I enjoy it myself.

Just back from my first personal training session and I'm wiped... someone remind me never to give up working out again... I haven't been to TRX or boxing in about 4 weeks and it shows! I've put back on most of the inches I've lost :( and about 6lbs too!

January wrote: »

My 4 year old loves Adventure Time, my brother showed it to her. It's banned from my house though... I find it too weird for a 4 year old! Although I enjoy it myself.

Just back from my first personal training session and I'm wiped... someone remind me never to give up working out again... I haven't been to TRX or boxing in about 4 weeks and it shows! I've put back on most of the inches I've lost :( and about 6lbs too!

No sad faces. Every single person in the world slumps at some point. The point is, you're getting back into it, so the inches and weight will come back off. Keep up the good work. :)

• Advertisement

Esoteric_ wrote: »
    Ah mate, I'm so sorry to hear that. :( That's horrible. :( I hope you and your daughter are okay.x

I need to pick a fcuking song (well, two actually) for my audition on Monday and still have no idea what to do. :( Haven't even had time to practise. :( When Marty was getting food last night and I was waiting in his car, I was singing along to the songs on his iPod, praying to fook he wouldn't come back and hear me. :pac: I still haven't let him hear me sing, even though he's asked several times in the past. :pac:

I'm really stuck. I'd be absolutely delighted to get to the stage I got to last year (through the third round to the live show shortlist), but I'm scared, anxious and nervous because I know how scary it was last year. :(

What is the audition for? You could try something different? We did Massive Attack Teardrop in choir last year and it's a belter of a tune!

I'm really sorry to hear that, I know it's so hard when you get so attached. I hope you are ok, and your daughter xx

What is the audition for? You could try something different? We did Massive Attack Teardrop in choir last year and it's a belter of a tune!

I'm really sorry to hear that, I know it's so hard when you get so attached. I hope you are ok, and your daughter xx

The Voice UK. I can't do anything too different, it specifies that you must do music that charted at a high position, it basically has to be something popular. I have about 20 songs in mind, just need to start practising and whittle it down to two, but because I'm scared and nervous, I'm procrastinating a LOT.

The Voice UK. I can't do anything too different, it specifies that you must do music that charted at a high position, it basically has to be something popular. I have about 20 songs in mind, just need to start practising and whittle it down to two, but because I'm scared and nervous, I'm procrastinating a LOT.

Ah! Well why don't you write them all down and then see from there?

Ah! Well why don't you write them all down and then see from there?

I know what they all are, it's just purely that I need to sit down, play them all, make sure I know every lyric and am able to put my own spin on them, do them all without backing music and THEN decide which one sounds best. I'm trying to get my friend to come up to Dublin before the audition because he's a sound engineer and also knows my voice better than anyone (he's the reason I sing), so he'd be able to tell me within seconds what I should do, but it looks like he's busy in studio for the next few days. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Sorry to hear that man :(

I know what they all are, it's just purely that I need to sit down, play them all, make sure I know every lyric and am able to put my own spin on them, do them all without backing music and THEN decide which one sounds best. I'm trying to get my friend to come up to Dublin before the audition because he's a sound engineer and also knows my voice better than anyone (he's the reason I sing), so he'd be able to tell me within seconds what I should do, but it looks like he's busy in studio for the next few days. :(

When do you need to decide?

When do you need to decide?

Well, the audition is first thing Monday morning, I've been advised to rest my voice on Saturday night and all of Sunday (especially because I have to talk all day in work, as I'm a manager in a sales company), so pretty much now, so I have time to practise. :pac: I decided to practise and have ended up even more undecided. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

Ah im sure you'll get it back off ya in no time ;), I'm just home from my own personal trainer enjoyed it, sweat like fook meeting him again on Thurs after work should be fun after a twelve hour shift.

Just going to leave this here because well I thought it was cool :):cool: made me want to watch Police Academy:).

I give up.

I'm singing this -

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I fecking hate Steel Panther >_>

Hey all.

• Advertisement

Angron wrote: »
    I fecking hate Steel Panther >_>

Hey all.

.... Get the fcuk out. :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Nope

*sits obstinately on the floor*

:P

Nope

*sits obstinately on the floor*

:P

Good, means I don't have to stretch my tiny legs to kick you in the balls! :mad:

I sit cross-legged, good luck to you :P

I sit cross-legged, good luck to you :P

Ill wear heels and jump on you, problem sorted. :D

...you win this round.

...you win this round.

It's just 'cause Marty always threatens to kick me, so I've had to think of cunning ways to beat men up tbh. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Dodd sorry to hear about your ferret. :( Hope the babies will be ok!!!
    When Marty was getting food last night and I was waiting in his car, I was singing along to the songs on his iPod, praying to fook he wouldn't come back and hear me. :pac: I still haven't let him hear me sing, even though he's asked several times in the past. :pac:
    Wait what??? You're willing to sing in front of loads of people and strangers, and possibly be on TV, but won't sing for Marty? :pac: C'mon!

Anyway, you should sing this:

[/troll]

All that freakyness and innuendo (and some pretty blatant!), it's so not for kids!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Totally agree with you... funnily enough when I said that same thing on the Parenting forum I was told that it was for kids!

• Advertisement

Just got my car back, sweet divine this has been an expensive month! NCT, tax, insurance + repairs all at the same time...and I don't work. Savings? What savings? Plus I keep spelling tyres tires and this annoys me.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement