Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbarians Squad Announcements v England & Lions

Options
1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Barbarians:
    15 Jared Payne, 14 Joe Rokocoko, 13 Elliot Daly, 12 Casey Laulala, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Sam Jones, 6 Samu Manoa, 5 Dean Mumm, 4 Marco Wentzel, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Paul James.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Jim Hamilton, 19 Imanol Harinordoquy, 20 Andrea Lo Cicero, 21 Kahn Fotuali'i, 22 James Hook, 23 Mike Tindall.

Great lineup!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Barbarians:
    15 Jared Payne, 14 Joe Rokocoko, 13 Elliot Daly, 12 Casey Laulala, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Sam Jones, 6 Samu Manoa, 5 Dean Mumm, 4 Marco Wentzel, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Paul James.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Jim Hamilton, 19 Imanol Harinordoquy, 20 Andrea Lo Cicero, 21 Kahn Fotuali'i, 22 James Hook, 23 Mike Tindall.

Great lineup!

I would have preferred to have Fotuali'li at 9 but Yachvilli ain't bad!

What odds on there being two future Lions in the backline in Daly and Payne?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I don't see why the crowd are booing,he was more exciting than anything the Barbarians did.

They booed the security guards going off their feet and entering from the side.

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Tindall is an injury doubt so Varty has been added as cover. Very surprised he was not in the original match day squad, what was the point of naming him in the squad if he was not going to feature in the match in Hong Kong.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Two outside centers will be interesting... very interested to see how Casey gets on at 12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

.ak wrote: »
    Two outside centers will be interesting... very interested to see how Casey gets on at 12.

I'd say he'll do well, his style of game is quite suited to 12 I always thought, i.e. taking the ball into contact and looking for the offload in the tackle, but Munster just weren't able to adapt to him (and vice versa).

He should get decent service from Evans and if Daly can get into the right support positions, then it might work out well.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Good team, would have liked to see Kahn & Harinordoquy start but it's still a very formidable team.

Advertisement