Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barbarians Squad Announcements v England & Lions

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

Laulala is doing everything he can to get the baabaas going .

Think he is built for this type of game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Next score is important. If Baa Baas score early it will make it interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Lelantos

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    Next score is important. If Baa Baas score early it will make it interesting

Can't see it tbh. A lot of the Baa Baas are in exhibition/holiday mode while the English lads are looking to stake claims in the team

Good try for Yarde, nice attacking play by England

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

Yachvili should've started

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Just give Wade in a tiny bit of space and bam it's a try.

At least England are playing Baa Baa style

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Haha great tackle from Ngwenya on Varty

.ak wrote: »
    Yachvili should've started

I'd say he has a good chance of starting against the Lions with Kahn on the bench.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Dreadful game, will the real Baabaas please stand up.

• Advertisement

Wasps impressively represented out there. An entire back 5!

Launchbury,
    Wentzel,
    Poff,
    Jones,
    Vunipola

Jones,
    Wade,
    Elliot

It helps when Dai Young is coaching the BaaBaas is suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just turned this on: 40-5?! Are the BaaBaas even bothered?

Pretty funny that England have scored Barbarian style tries while the Baa Baas have just scored an English style try

England are spoiled for choice in the backrow. Robshaw while such a likeable guy may find his captaincy going cause I don't think that he would be starting ahead of some of these guys.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I see Matthew Rees was taken off around 2pm, the same time that it was announced Hartley won't be going on the Lions.

Interesting !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Just turned this on: 40-5?! Are the BaaBaas even bothered?

Baabaas only had one other real opportunity :eek: They're giving the England wings oceans of space and paying the price. Has improved since Yachvilli came on. Laulala playing well

Loudest cheer of the day goes for the streaker.

Delighted for Daly. Smashing player.

Daly gets a deserved try, one of the only Barbarian players who has played well

My Baabaas vs the lions

15 Elliot Daly, 14 Rowan Varty, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 James Hook, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 sergio parisse, 7 Jonathan Poff, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Samu Manoa, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Andrea Lo Cicero.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Paul James, 18 Duncan Jones, 19 Jim Hamilton, 20 Imanol Harinordoquy, 21 khan Fotuali'i, 22 Jo Rokokoo, 23 Jared Payne.

• Advertisement

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    My Baabaas vs the lions

15 Elliot Daly, 14 Rowan Varty, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 James Hook, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 sergio parisse, 7 Jonathan Poff, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Samu Manoa, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Andrea Lo Cicero.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Paul James, 18 Duncan Jones, 19 Jim Hamilton, 20 Imanol Harinordoquy, 21 khan Fotuali'i, 22 Jo Rokokoo, 23 Jared Payne.

Fotuali'i should start at 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

My Baabaas vs the lions

Gotta be Kahn at 9. Yachvilli is the most un Barbarians player out there!
    Varty ahead of Rocokoko too?!

Gotta be Kahn at 9. Yachvilli is the most un Barbarians player out there!

You can't not start the Hong Kong winger against the Lions in Hong Kong xD

And Yeah i was tempted with Khan to start aswell but I think bring him on with 30 minutes to go, with his pace his threat will be even greater

I'd start Yach myself. But both are good players.

I think if Big Joe starts it would be at 13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Top class finish at the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I don't see why the crowd are booing,he was more exciting than anything the Barbarians did.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I don't see why the crowd are booing,he was more exciting than anything the Barbarians did.

They cheered?
    They didn't boo till the security caught him no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

They cheered?
    They didn't boo till the security caught him no?

Watching it again,you're right.Don't know how I heard it the other way before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,758 ✭✭✭✭bilston

My Baabaas vs the lions

I'd hope Jared Payne would get a start somewhere, be it 15 or 13.

Advertisement