Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Barbarians Squad Announcements v England & Lions

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Wasps impressively represented out there. An entire back 5!

Launchbury,
    Wentzel,
    Poff,
    Jones,
    Vunipola

Jones,
    Wade,
    Elliot

It helps when Dai Young is coaching the BaaBaas is suppose!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Just turned this on: 40-5?! Are the BaaBaas even bothered?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Pretty funny that England have scored Barbarian style tries while the Baa Baas have just scored an English style try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

England are spoiled for choice in the backrow. Robshaw while such a likeable guy may find his captaincy going cause I don't think that he would be starting ahead of some of these guys.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,217 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

I see Matthew Rees was taken off around 2pm, the same time that it was announced Hartley won't be going on the Lions.

Interesting !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Just turned this on: 40-5?! Are the BaaBaas even bothered?

Baabaas only had one other real opportunity :eek: They're giving the England wings oceans of space and paying the price. Has improved since Yachvilli came on. Laulala playing well

Loudest cheer of the day goes for the streaker.

Delighted for Daly. Smashing player.

Daly gets a deserved try, one of the only Barbarian players who has played well

• Registered Users Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭Tomtom364

My Baabaas vs the lions

15 Elliot Daly, 14 Rowan Varty, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 James Hook, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 sergio parisse, 7 Jonathan Poff, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Samu Manoa, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Andrea Lo Cicero.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Paul James, 18 Duncan Jones, 19 Jim Hamilton, 20 Imanol Harinordoquy, 21 khan Fotuali'i, 22 Jo Rokokoo, 23 Jared Payne.

• Advertisement

Tomtom364 wrote: »
    My Baabaas vs the lions

15 Elliot Daly, 14 Rowan Varty, 13 Casey Laulala, 12 James Hook, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 sergio parisse, 7 Jonathan Poff, 6 Francois Louw, 5 Samu Manoa, 4 Dean Mumm, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Andrea Lo Cicero.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Paul James, 18 Duncan Jones, 19 Jim Hamilton, 20 Imanol Harinordoquy, 21 khan Fotuali'i, 22 Jo Rokokoo, 23 Jared Payne.

Fotuali'i should start at 9.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,906 ✭✭✭jamiedav2011

My Baabaas vs the lions

Gotta be Kahn at 9. Yachvilli is the most un Barbarians player out there!
    Varty ahead of Rocokoko too?!

Gotta be Kahn at 9. Yachvilli is the most un Barbarians player out there!

You can't not start the Hong Kong winger against the Lions in Hong Kong xD

And Yeah i was tempted with Khan to start aswell but I think bring him on with 30 minutes to go, with his pace his threat will be even greater

I'd start Yach myself. But both are good players.

I think if Big Joe starts it would be at 13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭its_phil

Top class finish at the game today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

I don't see why the crowd are booing,he was more exciting than anything the Barbarians did.

Swan Curry wrote: »
    I don't see why the crowd are booing,he was more exciting than anything the Barbarians did.

They cheered?
    They didn't boo till the security caught him no?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Swan Curry

They cheered?
    They didn't boo till the security caught him no?

Watching it again,you're right.Don't know how I heard it the other way before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,810 ✭✭✭✭bilston

My Baabaas vs the lions

I'd hope Jared Payne would get a start somewhere, be it 15 or 13.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

Barbarians:
    15 Jared Payne, 14 Joe Rokocoko, 13 Elliot Daly, 12 Casey Laulala, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Sam Jones, 6 Samu Manoa, 5 Dean Mumm, 4 Marco Wentzel, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Paul James.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Jim Hamilton, 19 Imanol Harinordoquy, 20 Andrea Lo Cicero, 21 Kahn Fotuali'i, 22 James Hook, 23 Mike Tindall.

Great lineup!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,810 ✭✭✭✭bilston

Barbarians:
    15 Jared Payne, 14 Joe Rokocoko, 13 Elliot Daly, 12 Casey Laulala, 11 Taku Ngwenya, 10 Nick Evans, 9 Dimitri Yachvili, 8 Sergio Parisse, 7 Sam Jones, 6 Samu Manoa, 5 Dean Mumm, 4 Marco Wentzel, 3 Martin Castrogiovanni, 2 Schalk Brits, 1 Paul James.

Replacements: 16 Leonardo Ghiraldini, 17 Duncan Jones, 18 Jim Hamilton, 19 Imanol Harinordoquy, 20 Andrea Lo Cicero, 21 Kahn Fotuali'i, 22 James Hook, 23 Mike Tindall.

Great lineup!

I would have preferred to have Fotuali'li at 9 but Yachvilli ain't bad!

What odds on there being two future Lions in the backline in Daly and Payne?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭andrewdcs

Swan Curry wrote: »

They booed the security guards going off their feet and entering from the side.

:pac::pac::pac:

Tindall is an injury doubt so Varty has been added as cover. Very surprised he was not in the original match day squad, what was the point of naming him in the squad if he was not going to feature in the match in Hong Kong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,308 ✭✭✭✭.ak

Two outside centers will be interesting... very interested to see how Casey gets on at 12.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,234 ✭✭✭totallegend

.ak wrote: »
    Two outside centers will be interesting... very interested to see how Casey gets on at 12.

I'd say he'll do well, his style of game is quite suited to 12 I always thought, i.e. taking the ball into contact and looking for the offload in the tackle, but Munster just weren't able to adapt to him (and vice versa).

He should get decent service from Evans and if Daly can get into the right support positions, then it might work out well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Good team, would have liked to see Kahn & Harinordoquy start but it's still a very formidable team.

Advertisement