Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Captains

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

Hard to be critical? They Are being asked to comment on a particular match that had just taken place. The performance should 100% be open to critical analysis, otherwise there's no point in having a panel or discussion. Tempering what the analysts can say by telling them "don't go too hard" is absolutely unprofessional.

Exactly . If I could thank this post twice I would

#teamofus. More like #teamofthem

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭CaptivePortal

NeonWolf wrote: »
    I love rugby . My favourite game . But it has been hijacked by a wealthy subset in this country. It doesn’t sit well . Thornley won’t criticise. Neither will Wood Kinsella or O Driscoll to name a few. Neil Francis is commander in chief of the spoof brigade.
    They are all set

“Hijacked by a wealthy subset” 😂 you better sit down before you hear about the entire history of rugby in Ireland.

“Hijacked by a wealthy subset” 😂 you better sit down before you hear about the entire history of rugby in Ireland.

Delighted with what happened to them . The biggest bunch of blowhards going*.

*A planet rugby forum poll had Irish as the biggest blowhards.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Ewan is that you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Anyone at the show yesterday? Any good?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,847 Mod ✭✭✭✭Michael Collins

I know they normally keep it Mon - Fri, but I was hoping they might release the live show as a pod yesterday... I guess they will this coming week?

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Seamy Fitz

Hard to be critical? They Are being asked to comment on a particular match that had just taken place. The performance should 100% be open to critical analysis, otherwise there's no point in having a panel or discussion. Tempering what the analysts can say by telling them "don't go too hard" is absolutely unprofessional.

RTE coverage is brutal. Stephen Ferris's greatest insight was the Japenese won't go down with a fight. However I did enjoy seeing Jamie Heaslip disappearing and reappearing on the set of Teletubbies as part of the "in-game analysis".

Meanwhile on the highlights show - Fiona Coughlan machine guns out her cliche's. There must be a better female analyst out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,248 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Murph talking about the Mendy/Silva racism thing: "There are shades levels of this"

A couple of years ago Ken refused to bring back Ken Burley because both times he went on Welsh radio giving them loads of shít before the match and the team ended up losing. And it's happened again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,702 ✭✭✭Raoul

Cienciano wrote: »
    Murph talking about the Mendy/Silva racism thing: "There are shades levels of this"

Caught that too lmao.

Also, Murph...stfu when DOD is making jokes. You don't need to try to be as funny as the comedian.

Raoul wrote: »
    Caught that too lmao.

Also, Murph...stfu when DOD is making jokes. You don't need to try to be as funny as the comedian.

Murph is exactly as funny as the professional comedian.....which is not at all

Murph is exactly as funny as the professional comedian.....which is not at all

DOD is great, I love when he's on

each to their own; while others turn off the gaa or rugby i'll be switching off as soon as i hear that gob****e

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭tomwaits48

I was just loading up the thread to say that I can't stand him and am sick of SC pandering to him!!

each to their own; while others turn off the gaa or rugby i'll be switching off as soon as i hear that gob****e

hes ****ing horrendous.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Really, really enjoyed the Player's Chair with Matt Doherty. Very easy to listen to him talk.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭CiaranW

Yeah, the players chair was brilliant.
    Matt Doherty speaks well and doesn't shy over any information.
    Richie's 'personal injury' story was also quite amusing!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Nokotan wrote: »
    Really, really enjoyed the Player's Chair with Matt Doherty. Very easy to listen to him talk.

Best one yet imo

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,442 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Yeah one of the few I've listened to all the way through. Interesting story re the nasty phone call from MO'N.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,331 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

I was enjoying the post-Japan match podcast until DO'D came on stage. It was probably funny if you were there... but I'm not a fan of him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

I think Ken broke his own PB for question length around 3 times in his convo with Wilson today. Comical

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

yermandan wrote: »
    I think Ken broke his own PB for question length around 3 times in his convo with Wilson today. Comical

Actually ended up skipping most of this interview after listening to the first 4 or 5 minutes. Ken was very disjointed, focusing on stuff like the Red Bull project etc with long rambling questions, tripping over himself and generally making no sense.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭Beersmith

The Doherty interview was great but I don't think richie added anything to it.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Was at Volbeat last night, they came on stage to Red Right Hand, so when they were coming on all I could think was 'What you've said isn't really true' and 'Fuuh f*cksake'

Young Horgan has a lot to answer for.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

It was a good interview with Matt Doherty, even if I'm not sure if he's really that likable a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

Arghus wrote: »
    It was a good interview with Matt Doherty, even if I'm not sure if he's really that likable a guy.

In what way? I'm not having a go at you at all by the way, just curious as I thought he sounded like a sound lad.

deisedude wrote: »
    Each book is a number 1 bestseller. Some dead horse that is

Eighteen, sorry, nineteen books of a one joke character - he's a South Dublin posh-boy who speaks funny - gets pretty stale. Fair play to him for making an industry out of it.

The new one was out there a fortnight ago - an ideal present for fathers and brothers that you can't think of anything else to get, especially coming up to Christmas.
    deisedude wrote: »
    Each book is a number 1 bestseller. Some dead horse that is

Eighteen, sorry, nineteen books of a one joke character - he's a South Dublin posh-boy who speaks funny - gets pretty stale. Fair play to him for making an industry out of it.

The new one was out there a fortnight ago - an ideal present for fathers and brothers that you can't think of anything else to get, especially coming up to Christmas.

I seem to receive the latest one as a Christmas present every year and I always assume the joke is stale and tired but the books always find a way to give me a chuckle. There's some very fine topical satire in there if you know how to spot it.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Obrieski

Ken is going to be insufferable in the football pod this week after David Luiz scoring for Arsenal in their 1-0 win today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭deisedude

Obrieski wrote: »
    Ken is going to be insufferable in the football pod this week after David Luiz scoring for Arsenal in their 1-0 win today

The Luiz joke is so stale now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement