Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2013 Stanley Cup Playoffs

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,930 ✭✭✭COYW

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    Dorsett with an idiotic penalty. :P

Which one, the fall/attempt to fool the officials or the attempt to start a fight? This is going to be a one goal game. I keep having to remind myself that Nash is playing today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭aaronm13

Great win for the Hawks last night. Was really happy with the performance compared to their flat showing in game one. Hopefully keep the momentum going into game three tomorrow.

OT for the Rangers. 0-0. Another ridiculous call there at the end. Alzner put the puck directly out of play, no penalty for an unknown reason. I don't like the rule myself and we are woeful on the PP but still, it should be a penalty.

Awful performance in OT by the Rangers and the Caps got the winner on the PP from Green. They were on the PP for the whole of OT in reality. Torts left McDonagh on for 2 mins plus, genius or what, and he gave away a penalty by putting the puck directly out of play. On current form the Caps will win in four. Our offense is woeful. Richards is on the golf course and Nash is turning into Gabs, i.e. forgetting to skate. RANT OVER!

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

well the Pens should really won only for Flower who must have some sort of a play off trauma from last year... he basicly scored all 4 goals for the isles last nite... i know they were mostly lucky bounces but... onto the next one... we need orpik back and neal too, while orpik might be back tomoro noone seems to know whats wrong with neal...

still managed to get some money out of the game as i had the pens to win the first period by 2 or more at 5/1 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

lavine7 wrote: »
    Fantastic win for SJ Sharks, well worth the late night/early morning!
    Game 3 is pivotal though, lose that and momentum swings back to the Canucks.

San Jose should sweep.

Devastating loss. Canucks were utterly dominant from the start of the second period onwards. Jannik Hansen missed a shot at an empty net by inches about 30 seconds before the GTG. If he'd scored it'd be a different series completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Leafs sucked against the Bruins last night, can't believe anyone thought they could win the series. Based on last night, they will be lucky to lose in 5.

i think ya read too much into the fact that the leafs first playoff game for 8 years so there was heaped expectations on many boys that never played playoff hockey b4, the bruins are nothing special!

Bruins are more reliable than the leafs but there's something bout the leafs that makes them a team ya can't rule out!

Its playoff hockey, anything can happen!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

If the Bruins keep playing inconsistently, then the Leafs won't have a problem winning this series. Been a very frustrating season watching this side, if I had any hair I'd pull it all out.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,634 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Feck off sharks :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

Are ye all wearing your team jersey when they are playing

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Izy

tshirt, but its not working really :D

i missed the first and third game and the pens won it both, watched the second one and they lost:eek:

not watching tonite and if they win i'm throwing my tv/laptop and phone out the window :cool:

• Advertisement

:(

Big change in Vancouver this summer. Definitely the end of Vigneault, possibly Gillis too.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭scottmcb04

harsh enough call there ended the canucks playoff earlier than every1 would have thought, even diehard sharks...

they played serious stuff in the third until they went 1 up, then sharks seemed to up it a bit, schneider dodgy enough on both gt and gwg... luongo hadnt reli done anything wrong in first 2 games...

montreal made a balls of their situation altogether, 2 up with around 9 left in 3rd lose it...

islanders and pens is an interesting series, plenty of goals, pens giving away alot of goals for a team with high hopes of getting the cup, horrible error by fleury for last goal of the night!

scottmcb04 wrote: »
    harsh enough call there ended the canucks playoff earlier than every1 would have thought, even diehard sharks...

It's Kelly Sutherland. The guy who sent Daniel to the penalty box for being punched by Brad Marchand. Grossly incompetent, hopefully.
    scottmcb04 wrote: »
    islanders and pens is an interesting series, plenty of goals, pens giving away alot of goals for a team with high hopes of getting the cup, horrible error by fleury for last goal of the night!

The only reason the Penguins aren't a dynasty is Fleury's post season collapses. Any Pens fans want Luongo? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,153 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

LMAO

The Canucks are done. They should blow up the entire roster. They have never had the heart to win it all. They have had the talent. It's almost (mind you I said almost) a shame at what has happened to this team over the past few years.

tolosenc wrote: »
    The only reason the Penguins aren't a dynasty is Fleury's post season collapses. Any Pens fans want Luongo? :P

Fleury was HORRIBLE last night. (Actually, both goaltenders were pretty bad. I can't remember a playoff match-up where both goalies were this bad.) I was literally laughing at my television watching Fleury in the nets last night.

My phone kept blowing up with text messages after each goal. His confidence was absolutely destroyed last night with those last two goals.

Time for a change of net-minders for Game Five in Pittsburgh. They may get by the Islanders, but they will never see the Eastern Conference Finals if they don't make the change.

The Canucks are done. They should blow up the entire roster.

Not an option, no prospects. Dump GM and coach, and retool. A different approach in a different division (read competitive), and who knows. Lindy Ruff is a name I've heard a fair bit.

tolosenc wrote: »
    Not an option, no prospects. Dump GM and coach, and retool. A different approach in a different division (read competitive), and who knows. Lindy Ruff is a name I've heard a fair bit.

Lindy would be an outstanding candidate for the Head Coach position.

The roster/contracts are another nightmare all together. There is plenty of talent there, but a lot of it you can't move. I'm going beyond the Luongo contract. There aren't many teams that are going to pony up a lot to help start a rebuild in Rain City. I'm not sure what the answer is for them at this point.

Massive game tonight at the Garden. If we win this, we'll take the series. Nothing more to say than LGR!!

Lindy would be an outstanding candidate for the Head Coach position.

The roster/contracts are another nightmare all together. There is plenty of talent there, but a lot of it you can't move. I'm going beyond the Luongo contract. There aren't many teams that are going to pony up a lot to help start a rebuild in Rain City. I'm not sure what the answer is for them at this point.

Luongo deal is done (his house went up for sale a couple of days ago, which to me suggests that a deal has been made). A lot of stupid NTCs will be the legacy of Gillis. The defense on the team is horrifically over-payed. Can see 2 of them being moved this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Fleury was HORRIBLE last night. (Actually, both goaltenders were pretty bad. I can't remember a playoff match-up where both goalies were this bad.) I was literally laughing at my television watching Fleury in the nets last night.

My phone kept blowing up with text messages after each goal. His confidence was absolutely destroyed last night with those last two goals.

Time for a change of net-minders for Game Five in Pittsburgh. They may get by the Islanders, but they will never see the Eastern Conference Finals if they don't make the change.

Vokoun getting the nod for Game 5. First time in almost 12 years the Penguins will start a playoff game without Fleury in nets (slightly misleading statistic, all the same). Will be tuned in to the remaining two or three games very closely, hopefully.

• Advertisement

Leafs with a 2-0 lead over the Bruins despite being outshout 15-8 in the first. If they can hang on to this it will be huge and guarantee another game in Toronto.

The two "early" games are proving to be crackers today. 3-3 Boston@Toronto and 2-3 Washington@NYR.

COYW wrote: »
    Massive game tonight at the Garden. If we win this, we'll take the series. Nothing more to say than LGR!!

2-2!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,306 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

What a game in Toronto, Leafs were so unlucky. Hard to see the Leafs winning the next one after that heartbreaker

Thought this was absolutely brilliant.

20130509136808541567205.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 9,987 ✭✭✭cena

the ducks are doing well. Hoping they go all the way

MrJoeSoap wrote: »
    2-2!

Tell me about it. At 2-0, I was getting ready for a good night's sleep confident that we would be heading to DC all square. Thankfully, we got the job done in the end, in style as you showed below. Thought Hags and Girardi were top notch last night, Nash still hasn't found his playoff gear, if he has one. What did you think of our PP and PK last night? Our PP is still poor, with far too few SOGs, in my opinion. I thought we got the PK bang on tonight, closing down Ovie and Green once the puck came near them but giving Ribeiro plenty of space because he tends not to shoot. Interesting to see what the Caps do to counter this in the next game.

How is your series going? All square too I see. Have only seen the highlights of your games. Was reading the reports and Fluery was getting stick over his performances. I see Vokoun is in for game 5. Big call that!!

No surprise to me if the ducks progress Cena, I think they are an excellent team. As I said in my predictions, I think they can go a very log way this year.

What did you guys think of the Vezina nominations? Slightly surprised Hank was nominated this year. He hasn't been as good as last year, imo.

Crosby with one of the goals of the Playoffs so far tonight. Pens leading 3-0.

Watching the Bruins game tonight, but I see the Rangers have taken a lead against the Caps.

Grabovski just tried a crazy move on Rask, wouldn't have counted (high stick) but A+ for effort. Will post a video if one appears later.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,553 ✭✭✭Fiery mutant

It's all Toronto, dunno how we are still level in this game.

We should defend our way of life to an extent that any attempt on it is crushed, so that any adversary will never make such an attempt in the future.

Advertisement