Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,603 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Excellent, 6 so far:

MrStuffins
    ASOT
    Mr Blobby
    Sheehy83
    martyos121
    Axwell

Anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Yeah I'm in.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Goes without saying im in

Would be great if we got just 2 more?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

sheehy83 wrote: »
    Would be great if we got just 2 more?

Where you hiding, you are due a few whoopings.

Hope you girls have your mics and aren't scared of a bit of banter/thrash talk.

Find it weird coming from xbox where everyone is on mics to ps4 where everyones scared to talk.

That is except for the muppet i played earlier. Fight starts and he says 'what up' in a deep african american voice, i say not much. Then he says hes gonna whoop my ass just like hes whooping my moms p****y right now. I said that must be why you wont press skip and i have to watch all this bull****. So we start fighting, hes guida im mcgregor. Hes swinging for the fences and not long in i knock him down but leave him there. Them i hear this knocking on the mic, someones at his door. The game pauses and its his gf. Suddenly his voice changes to that of some English guy and his gf is going through him for a shortcut. Why didnt you open the door, why have you your feet up playing this i asked you to clean up.

So we continue to fight and hes talking to her to calm her down and then she says whos winning. I clearly am but he proceeds to say oh im kicking his ass. With that i get in close and after 4-5 punches drop him again. So i speak up and say whos winning? Whos the pussy? Shes like wtf, whats he saying. Umm nothing, so im just laughing and i say cmon you need to go clean up the place lets get it over with. Up he gets and comes in again raging now swinging for the fences. 1 parry and then its good night Irene. Down he drops and fight over. Its the one time playing i wanted to just send a guy a load of abuse in messages after a fight!

• Advertisement

I'll be on tonight handing out a few ass batin's!

I've come up against a few loud mouth dopes talking $hit, couldn't find the mute button so just turned down the telly volume and finished em off quick, they tend to be the punch spammers and are usually useless.

I know I got a mic with the ps4 but dunno where it is, will have to try root it out.

Anyway, what's the story on what fighters to pick. Will we just say 'No Champs, Anderson or Caf's' and see how it goes?

Goin on now

Anyway, what's the story on what fighters to pick. Will we just say 'No Champs, Anderson or Caf's' and see how it goes?

I still think no one rated over 93 allowed. Look at the roster, its about 2-3 fighters per division only. It gets rid of the overpowered spammy fighters and makes it even. Dont see why anyone thinks its too many unless they only use the top 2-3 rated fighters all the time which imo are all over powered.

Obviously no CAFs too.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Time for a few fights! Who wants a whooping?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Time for a few fights! Who wants a whooping?

Im on if you want a few

• Advertisement

Alright so, see if we can get 2 more people for the tournament today, close it up this afternoon and do a draw. Then you have to have your first fight by Friday.

You can only pick fighters ranked 93 and below, no champs or caf's.
    Fights will take place in Rivalries, non ranked. Best of 3, you will pick a weight division each and if it goes to a 3rd fight, you both pick Heavy Weight.

So far:

MrStuffins
    ASOT
    Mr Blobby
    Sheehy83
    martyos121
    Axwell

First fight by Friday isnt going to suit everyone if you only post the draw later. Results of first fight by Sunday evening 6pm would make more sense and do another draw after that and those to be done by Wednesday?

Also where were ya hiding list night when the batings were been dished out. Myself and marty had a few great fights - just left it to stand up in most of them and tried to knock each other out. It was like the Thunderdome in Mad Max! Two men enter one man leaves..(the other one actually leaves too shortly after but takes some press photos first ;)). If you knocked them down you let them up again until there was a KO. Great craic and some really close fights where either of us could have went at any second.

Axwell wrote: »
    First fight by Friday isnt going to suit everyone if you only post the draw later. Results of first fight by Sunday evening 6pm would make more sense and do another draw after that and those to be done by Wednesday?

Sounds good. Ah I was gonna head on but I'm ducking Marty at the moment :p

I'll have to try get on tonight, getting ring rust at this stage!

I was ducking marty as well...mainly his head kicks and punches.

*ba dum tsss*

Going on in about half an hour if anyones around

Going on in about half an hour if anyones around

I was on around half 11 but no one online. Played a Fight Now, 1st time playing a randomer unranked and was actually a great fight between Mousasi and Souza, might play more unranked.

Well it looks like no more ducking Marty :pac: I did a random generator for the 6 of us in the tourney and results below. You have until Sunday 6pm to post your results from your best of 3 fights. Looks like someone is getting a buy but not much we can do about that unless from the 3 winners A, B & C, A fights B, winner goes to final. Loser of A & B fights C and winner of that goes to the final?

So, the 1st EA UFC BUFC tourney will consist of:

Mr. Stuffins (MrStuffins84 ) vs Mr. Blobby (Mr_Blobby999)

Martyos121 (kaptinofwAr121) vs Sheehy83 (sheehy83)

ASOT (yLwoT) vs Axwell (IrishWolverine)

mIDrmf4.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 19,155 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

So the final will be a Triple Threat? :pac:

I'll be around tonight to dominate play if you're around Mr.B?

I was on but after the match which went to penos so was later than planned.

Nice on with the draw. I think we should avoid anyone getting a bye though if we can. Its too quick and everyone deserves a batin!!

We could just do extra fights between those 3 to get a final 2. A fights B 3 times and they record the score, say 2-1. Then A fights C say its 1-2. That leaves A with 3 wins. And see whoever has the most wins, top 2 go to the final.

Also what are we doing for the 3 rounds. Each pick a division and then the last fight is HW always?

We could just do extra fights between those 3 to get a final 2. A fights B 3 times and they record the score, say 2-1. Then A fights C say its 1-2. That leaves A with 3 wins. And see whoever has the most wins, top 2 go to the final.

Also what are we doing for the 3 rounds. Each pick a division and then the last fight is HW always?

Yeah sounds good, sure we can pick a way to do it Sunday night. Definitely can't do a buy anyway, few different ways to judge a winner.

Yeah, A invites B to rivalry where A picks the weight class. Then the opposite with B choosing. If it goes to a 3rd fight, anyone can start a rivalry but have to pick HW.

No champs, no cafs, no fighters rated 94 or over.

Double click the Share button to start a 15 min recording so you can brag or claim your opponent is a durty spammer.

Now, I better do some kind of Rocky montage training for Marty.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I cant wait to get absolutely smashed :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Hoping to ppurchase this and the PS4 in the next few weeks, hope ye will still be into the game by then haha

No champs, no cafs, no fighters rated 94 or over.

93 or over? or is this creeping back up lol..

Also I think no Souza after Marty submitted me the other night with him, his submission stats are 100!!! :eek:

Hoping to ppurchase this and the PS4 in the next few weeks, hope ye will still be into the game by then haha

Ah im sure we will, its always good craic to go on for a few fights between other lads on boards more so than play online against randomers.

ASOT wrote: »
    I cant wait to get absolutely smashed :D

Drinking before our fight will probably lessen your chances of winning..just saying.

But as I always joke with Dana - never leave it in the hands of the judges!

93 or over? or is this creeping back up lol..

Also I think no Souza after Marty submitted me the other night with him, his submission stats are 100!!! :eek:

Oh I thought we said you could select 93 and under? HAHA I dunno, alright 93 and under so.

I was playing as Souza last night and was completely outstruck by mousasi. I found Souza to be very slow with striking. Late in round 2, I knew I was losing so threw on a sub and it was all over. The other guy knew what he was doing but couldn't get out. I'd say it's ok to pick Souza, if you are fighting him, just don't let him to get you to the ground and if you do, block subs immediately and just stand up :D

Yupp, I'm sure a few people (myself included) will be looking to get revenge after BUFC 1. There are 3 or 4 more people with this on PS4 here as well so hopefully we can get 8 people next time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Yupp, I'm sure a few people (myself included) will be looking to get revenge after BUFC 1. There are 3 or 4 more people with this on PS4 here as well so hopefully we can get 8 people next time.

Ah yeah well up for that, will take me a few days to get upto speed with the controls, a few here at work have been saying they are pretty complicated, had all 3 undisputed and the previous ea game so hopefully will be a bit quicker picking them up!

Oh I thought we said you could select 93 and under? HAHA I dunno, alright 93 and under so.

We did lol, but 94 is over 93?..too many punches in the head there Sheehy :D

*makes notes*

ground you say, ok..block...and stand up....ok got ya..i think

Anyways I have been studying you all on ps4 and know what divisions you always pick so I am gonna pick the opposite against you all!!! muhahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭MarkJD

Sorry i havnt been around lads. In the process of moving abroad at the end of this month so i sold the PS4. Will definitely give you all a shout when i get setup with a new system! Gutted to miss the tournament but enjoy :)

• Advertisement

Where ya moving to if ya dont mind me asking ya lucky fecker

Advertisement