Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EA Sports UFC - Game

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,673 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yupp!! Absolute f×ucking eejits. All they care about is there record, not actually having a proper fight, its pretty sad. I actually want to go back to white belt, brown belt is just ridiculous.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Its pretty annoying, they know a few solid kicks from the likes of Aldo will have you crumpled over in a heap so they just spam the move and I find no matter how much you try avoid it and step around it a lot of them will get you in the end because they just keep at it. Pretty annoying, I do my best to parry it and get a few punches to the head in then take them down and try continue the damage to the head there. I find a lot of times they have no ground game and you can keep them there and posture up and throw in some punches, transition to side mount and do the same and keep the process going. Play them at their own game!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,957 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Axwell wrote: »
    Its pretty annoying, they know a few solid kicks from the likes of Aldo will have you crumpled over in a heap so they just spam the move and I find no matter how much you try avoid it and step around it a lot of them will get you in the end because they just keep at it. Pretty annoying, I do my best to parry it and get a few punches to the head in then take them down and try continue the damage to the head there. I find a lot of times they have no ground game and you can keep them there and posture up and throw in some punches, transition to side mount and do the same and keep the process going. Play them at their own game!

How do you posture up ? I can figure it out for the life of me !!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,165 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

emmetkenny wrote: »
    How do you posture up ? I can figure it out for the life of me !!

Your stamina needs to be pretty high. When it is, you just press up on the L stick and voila!

You can only posture up from certain positions though

how do you throw those elbows when you posture up? pressing digs or l1 and digs just throws punches.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

sheehy83 wrote: »
    how do you throw those elbows when you posture up? pressing digs or l1 and digs just throws punches.

Its either R1 + Punch or R2 + Punch

Or... It could be L1 + Punch :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Hold R2, press R1..double tap L2, rotate R3 3/4 anticlockwise then press triangle..that will get you one elbow..repeat for more :p

Hold R2, press R1..double tap L2, rotate R3 3/4 anticlockwise then press triangle..that will get you one elbow..repeat for more :p

Aaaaahhhhh I was rotating R3 5/4 clockwise!

Aaaaahhhhh I was rotating R3 5/4 clockwise!

Thats for sweeps..duhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 21,383 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Was fighting this English chav online yesterday with his mic on. Every time I'd hit him clean in the stand-up, he'd shout abuse, so I decided it would be funny to take him down and GnP for 3 rounds. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. Non-stop elbows from side control, and he had no idea how to get out, all while he was shouting at me, telling me he was going to "fcuking kill you, innit"
    Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

I've already said this way back in the thread, but anybody on Xbox that fancies a fight later tonight or tomorrow? Finally had my first few online fights, and they went alright. Would prefer to have a normal fight with someone rather than some of the nonsense ones you come across randomly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

dulux99 wrote: »
    I've already said this way back in the thread, but anybody on Xbox that fancies a fight later tonight or tomorrow? Finally had my first few online fights, and they went alright. Would prefer to have a normal fight with someone rather than some of the nonsense ones you come across randomly.

Add me Penguins Haooo

On regularly enough. Not always on mic but up for fights whenever. Not a spinning back body kick ****** either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

martyos121 wrote: »
    Was fighting this English chav online yesterday with his mic on. Every time I'd hit him clean in the stand-up, he'd shout abuse, so I decided it would be funny to take him down and GnP for 3 rounds. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard in my life. Non-stop elbows from side control, and he had no idea how to get out, all while he was shouting at me, telling me he was going to "fcuking kill you, innit"
    Good times.

That was you???, youre F*cking dead!!!!

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 27,957 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

dulux99 wrote: »

Add me there I'm on xbox. TitianGerm

Thats for sweeps..duhhh

Your sweeping days are over man, devs said they are toning them down :D

Anyway we need to get BUFC 1 going on ps4. Once we have a list of names, we can use a random generator to see who is fighting who. Then both fighters can pick a time between themselves when they are online;, say within a week, and post results here. All non ranked games in case anyone worried about stats.

So, anyone interested put your psn name here and we can put together a list. Would be class if we got 8 people.

Your sweeping days are over man, devs said they are toning them down :D

Anyway we need to get BUFC 1 going on ps4. Once we have a list of names, we can use a random generator to see who is fighting who. Then both fighters can pick a time between themselves when they are online;, say within a week, and post results here. All non ranked games in case anyone worried about stats.

So, anyone interested put your psn name here and we can put together a list. Would be class if we got 8 people.

Sounds good, I think the following rules would make it a good, fair competition.
    Best of 3 fights
    No champs
    No created fighters
    Different fighter for every fight maybe?
    You all let me win.

Sound fair?

Sounds good, Best of 3 in lhw, fw and wimmens maybe? Agree on no champs. Also prob for the best no created fighters, id only be tempted to pump my subs up to 100 abs souza the shyte out of ye.

Will we say fighters if 92 rating and under or just keep it to no champs?

Having ran the last tournaments ( this is BUFC3 ahem) I would say a week is too long a gap. People loose interest. 2-3 day gap max. Results posted and next fights organised. Obviously now with video etc fights can be recorded for any issues but id hope people would be sporting enough to not need it. Possibly best of 3 for the first round fights and then 1 fight per round after that.

For fighters and divisions since its best of 3, 1 person hosts and picks division, then other hosts and picks. 3rd fight always heavyweights or something like that. No fighters over 92 overall.

In later rounds it will be hosts choice. Host picked at random when doing draw.

Sounds good, Best of 3 in lhw, fw and wimmens maybe? Agree on no champs. Also prob for the best no created fighters, id only be tempted to pump my subs up to 100 abs souza the shyte out of ye.

Will we say fighters if 92 rating and under or just keep it to no champs?

I think 92 and under is going a small bit too far, considering 70 percent of the fighter have ridiculously high ratings. Maybe just no champs, no Anderson Silva and leave it there?

martyos121 wrote: »
    I think 92 and under is going a small bit too far, considering 70 percent of the fighter have ridiculously high ratings. Maybe just no champs, no Anderson Silva and leave it there?

Champs arent necessarily the best in their division so imo its not enough to just say no champs. Theres plenty of fighters under 92 and it makes it a good honest fight.

• Advertisement

Checking the fighter ratings, I think we will have to say no champs and then a select other few like mendes, bendo, gsp etc. And then it might get messy on who will decide who can be picked?

http://www.ultimatefightingfederation.net/forum/showthread.php?tid=274

Full list and ratings at bottom of that link.

I like one person pick one div, next pick theirs and then hw to finish.

TJ on his way this month.

10435991_707578729279986_7386333359642696145_n.jpg

Jaysus that's some likeness!

I hear 3 fighters being released this mode as free dlc

TJ, Woodley and Mizugaki.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭tomhalloween

I hear 3 fighters being released this mode as free dlc

TJ, Woodley and Mizugaki.

Any other DLC mentioned?

Any other DLC mentioned?

Nope, not yet. I'm expecting a 3 legend fighter pack to follow for a few quid. I might give TJ a go just to whoop Barao a few times. No interest in using Woodley or Mizugaki. I haven't played this in about 3 days, must throw it on again tonight.

So, will we try get a list of names for a PS4 tournament?

Names in by Wednesday and we can pair people off then?

Nope, not yet. I'm expecting a 3 legend fighter pack to follow for a few quid. I might give TJ a go just to whoop Barao a few times. No interest in using Woodley or Mizugaki. I haven't played this in about 3 days, must throw it on again tonight.

So, will we try get a list of names for a PS4 tournament?

Names in by Wednesday and we can pair people off then?

Sure, i'll jump in! Bound to get my ass whipped but i'll give it a go ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Throw me in aswell, il only be able to play games after 11pm though due to my terrible working hours!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

I'll also be entering this so called *Tournament*
    You'll all be lambs to a slaughter against my run around in a circle and dodge fighting style.

Disclaimer: Do you not use above fighting style with Roy Nelson or Mark Hunt.

Advertisement