Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

It may be a relay of an online Swedish dance station called Radio 7, if it is still around!

that station closed down a few years ago.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

GalaxyFM from Kildare broadcasting on 99.0 FM at the moment, The signal is patchy in Dublin but it’s there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

CLUB FM seem to have ceased. Their online stream not working for the last few days.

castle2012 wrote: »
    CLUB FM seem to have ceased. Their online stream not working for the last few days.

it has been working for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

castle2012 wrote: »

it has been working for me.

Just checked - they are "banging" away on the Radio Garden app! It's a bit of a misnomer calling themselves Club FM!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just checked - they are "banging" away on the Radio Garden app! It's a bit of a misnomer calling themselves Club FM!

Yea it's back working now, wasn't playing yesterday and this morning, Glad it's still on.

Galaxy FM from Kildare on 99.5 FM this evening, A better signal on that frequency than 99.0 earlier with Lyric FM & BBC Radio 1

Galaxy FM from Kildare on 99.5 FM this evening, A better signal on that frequency than 99.0 earlier with Lyric FM & BBC Radio 1

Is that the station which had the id "Radio 7" at one stage?

Is that the station which had the id "Radio 7" at one stage?

i would suspect it is the one from kildare and it has moved from 94.3.
    have no way of confirming for definite however.

i would suspect it is the one from kildare and it has moved from 94.3.
    have no way of confirming for definite however.

Speaking of stations that used to be on 94.3, I don't think the Unid hard dance station returned since last November. Remember it was on various frequencies? Usually too close to others or even on top of them!

• Advertisement

Speaking of stations that used to be on 94.3, I don't think the Unid hard dance station returned since last November. Remember it was on various frequencies? Usually too close to others or even on top of them!

i remember it being mentioned yes, i never heard it for myself though.

i remember it being mentioned yes, i never heard it for myself though.

I picked it up the odd time. I remember one weekend in 2019 (too lazy to do a search!) where it was battling with All 80s on the same frequency - 94.3! That was when its signal was particularly strong around the southside for some reason. Depending on what street or corner you happened to be on, you heard one or other! It also turned up in other places. I understand it spent some time on 87.5 which was not helping Chill on 87.6!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Radiodays2021

Sound quality has improved on 99.5
    The Kildare dance station Galaxy
    Was picking it up from M7 saggart
    All the way to monasterevin

• Registered Users Posts: 2,305 ✭✭✭Antenna

Today FM and Newstalk were off the air from the Mullaghanish transmitter during the afternoon (Friday afternoon) for around an hour until 3PM approx when returned...

Picking up some interference on Galaxy 99.5
    Looks like someone trying interfere
    Chill FM 87.6 off Air today
    Also they have increase the coverage and sound quality chill FM
    No activity today and 94.3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

A bit of a lift is making iRadio listenable in Dublin city centre. Other stations on-air are 91 Hot FM, 93.2 ICE, 94.3 Charity, 99.5 Energy relay.

tiswasfan wrote: »
    A bit of a lift is making iRadio listenable in Dublin city centre. Other stations on-air are 91 Hot FM, 93.2 ICE, 94.3 Charity, 99.5 Energy relay.

99.5 a bit of a mess today with two stations, City Centre & northside I’m getting Energy AM relay & out west Dublin I’m getting Galaxy FM.

Also on today Energy 103, Storm NE 104.2 & RetroNow 105.2

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

I'm hearing energy am on 99.5fm out here in West Dublin not hearing that kildare station and as far as I no that energy relay is not a relay it is their fm tx as they are on both am and fm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

99.5 a bit of a mess today with two stations, City Centre & northside I’m getting Energy AM relay & out west Dublin I’m getting Galaxy FM.

Also on today Energy 103, Storm NE 104.2 & RetroNow 105.2

Is The 90s Network still on 98.4FM in the Northside at weekends?

Picking up some interference on Galaxy 99.5
    Looks like someone trying interfere
    Chill FM 87.6 off Air today
    Also they have increase the coverage and sound quality chill FM
    No activity today and 94.3

94.3 was relaying Charity Radio, as per usual now for a Saturday, later this afternoon.

• Advertisement

So did The Beach, who were on 105.7, quietly call it a day late 2020 in the same way that they quietly appeared on the airwaves a couple of years ago? And, of course, their alter egos The Vault and Star1057! I preferred those two!

I heard IceRadio on 91.6 FM this evening, Signal a little weaker than 93.2

So did The Beach, who were on 105.7, quietly call it a day late 2020 in the same way that they quietly appeared on the airwaves a couple of years ago? And, of course, their alter egos The Vault and Star1057! I preferred those two!

I heard The Beach today! It's back!

I also barely picked up a dance station on 105.2. Would that be RetroNow?

According to Facebook, Darren O'Neill, who seems to be involved behind the scenes with Retro Radio, or Retro FM, and occasionally presents on it, is also involved with a station called Rhythm FM. Again, according to Rhythm FM's Facebook account, it was on 91.6 but moved yesterday to 88.8 on account of Ice Radio's move to 91.6. The Facebook Account also mentioned 99.3, suggesting that it used to be on that frequency at some point. Has anyone picked up Rhythm FM on any frequency?

Incidentally, he also presented on Easy Radio in the past.

Yes picked it up on friday on 88.8
    very weak ,
    galaxy fm today playing 80s
    With live DJs on air on 995

According to Facebook, Darren O'Neill, who seems to be involved behind the scenes with Retro Radio, or Retro FM, and occasionally presents on it, is also involved with a station called Rhythm FM. Again, according to Rhythm FM's Facebook account, it was on 91.6 but moved yesterday to 88.8 on account of Ice Radio's move to 91.6. The Facebook Account also mentioned 99.3, suggesting that it used to be on that frequency at some point. Has anyone picked up Rhythm FM on any frequency?

Incidentally, he also presented on Easy Radio in the past.

i think reception of it was reported here a couple of times, seem to remember 105.2 and possibly 94.3 being mentioned for it.
    i suspect it's a very low powered operation, probably very local to it's area of broadcast and no further.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

The Rhythm FM station appears low powered, so it may not travel too far.

Ice Radio are off air today having previously been on 93.2 and for a brief period on 91.6 yesterday.

There was a strong blank carrier on 107.1 for a time last night.

New arrival Galaxy Kildare on 99.5 had some live presenters yesterday.

RetroNow on 105.2.

Hot FM on 91.0 as normal, deserving if nothing else credit for their resilience!

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

JDxtra wrote: »
    The Rhythm FM station appears low powered, so it may not travel too far.

Ice Radio are off air today having previously been on 93.2 and for a brief period on 91.6 yesterday.

There was a strong blank carrier on 107.1 for a time last night.

New arrival Galaxy Kildare on 99.5 had some live presenters yesterday.

RetroNow on 105.2.

Hot FM on 91.0 as normal, deserving if nothing else credit for their resilience!

Club FM mentioned on there Facebook page they would be back this week, this may explain the carrier on 107.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

Waterford FreeDAB Mux tonight

Zenith
    Wild Country
    Storm NE
    C Classic
    Global
    Sami Swoi
    United DJ
    C Dance
    O Tempo
    ABC
    Tomorrow

Sorry if not the thread to ask these type of questions, but is there much point getting a DAB radio in the Dublin region, I like finding interesting pirates, mainly using the RadioBox app at the minute

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Sorry if not the thread to ask these type of questions, but is there much point getting a DAB radio in the Dublin region, I like finding interesting pirates, mainly using the RadioBox app at the minute

To my knowledge the FreeDAB mux in Dublin is off air atm

Advertisement