Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Melanchthon

To my knowledge the FreeDAB mux in Dublin is off air atm

Thanks a mil thats exactly the type of thing I was wondering

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Club FM mentioned on there Facebook page they would be back this week, this may explain the carrier on 107.1

Fair play to them in these difficult times coming back on FM, We will be glad to have club to listen to.
    Radio is an expensive business and lack of gigs (advertising revenue) with COVID.
    I know you read these posts; Well done Guys ,
    And thank you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Radiodays2021

What stations are on 24-hours
    Storm northeast 1042
    Hot fm 910
    Galaxy fm ???
    Any more to add to the list

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

What stations are on 24-hours
    Storm northeast 1042
    Hot fm 910
    Galaxy fm ???
    Any more to add to the list

Storm are 24 hours on the internet but not on FM,
    IceRadio on 93.2

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Carrier on and off over the afternoon for a bit today on 94.3 heard in Clontarf in Dublin.

Anybody else hear anything going on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 The 90s Network

cough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,996 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

cough.

If it's yourselves, it could be interesting tomorrow if the people who normally relay CharityRadio on that frequency are on again!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The 90s Network

No No.Not us. We have our small blade of grass......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,624 ✭✭✭Infoanon

cough.

Excellent audio btw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

All80s on 94.3, sounding very good in Dublin city centre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

tiswasfan wrote: »

By far the strongest signal over most of Dublin.Keep up the good work there lads

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Respect to the team for doing something. I've said this before about 94.3 - there is no consistency with it. When I checked last night after seeing this post, it was off - and is still off now. Next weekend it might be on, maybe not.

It seems to be a broadcast for a small cirlce of people to have fun with relaying various stations for a few hours now and again. That's fine, no harm in that. It's just a bit of fun. But it's not something that will attract any listeners.

Maybe pick one station/format - stick with that and have some regular weekend hours and some live shows.

It's a bit odd alright but it's obviously run by radio enthusiasts. I've never heard an advert on the station. They find great music with some golden nuggets I rarely hear anywhere else.

I thought I had the wrong station on when I tuned into 99.5 Galaxy FM this afternoon, There playing 70s & 80s stuff, What’s that all about? Is it not a dance station, I was enjoying it until today. The same stuff you’d hear on Sunshine, 4FM & KFM in that area.

There format on Sundays is all oldies
    One off the presenters is from the Radio Nova days

There format on Sundays is all oldies
    One off the presenters is from the Radio Nova days

Who? That's interesting.

Jimmy W
    He was one of the engineers with
    miles johnston 86 89
    Maybe I Could be wrong it could be sunshine
    ?? They ended up seeing aliens Or something similar All that radiation

Jimmy W
    He was one of the engineers with
    miles johnston 86 89
    Maybe I Could be wrong it could be sunshine
    ?? They ended up seeing aliens Or something similar All that radiation

Radio Nova called it a day in 1986. All the '80s superpirates were gone by the end of 1988.

Is charity radio a regular feature on 94.3 in Dublin now? Seems like a full schedule of live shows.

Is charity radio a regular feature on 94.3 in Dublin now? Seems like a full schedule of live shows.

Charity radio is an online station, but it is regularly relayed on a Saturday. unofficially by the same people who sometimes relay All 80s on 94.3 FM. There are undoubtedly some overlaps with the oldies pirates at times. For example, occasionally, some in charity radio have knowingly been involved with joint broadcasts of oldies stations on various frequencies under the banner of Fun Radio. One of the presenters on Charity Radio is Brian Kelly, who is also one of the guys behind Energy (Power) AM.

• Advertisement

Band scan for pirate radio activity • Liffey Valley West Dublin • Plenty on today

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Blank Carrier
    91.0 Hot FM
    93.2 IceRadio
    94.3 Charity Radio
    98.4 90s Network
    99.5 Galaxy FM
    103.0 Energy
    104.2 Storm NE
    105.2 RetroNow
    107.1 Club FM

I couldn’t receive The Beach on 105.7 I heard they were back broadcasting.

Has Hot FM moved to 92 Mhz or is that a typo?

Has Hot FM moved to 92 Mhz or is that a typo?

That’s a typo I think as I picked it up on 91.0. Energy Power AM was on 1395 kh Medium Wave and was also relayed on 99.5 FM. The Beach was indeed on today on 105.7.

Oh 99.5 ???
    Is this not the Frequency Galaxy Kildare uses
    Also can pick them up sometimes in Dublin
    I take it you can't pick them up when
    Power Am are on
    Galaxy won't be happy with that.......

• Registered Users Posts: 226 ✭✭turbocab

Oh 99.5 ???
    Is this not the Frequency Galaxy Kildare uses
    Also can pick them up sometimes in Dublin
    I take it you can't pick them up when
    Power Am are on
    Galaxy won't be happy with that.......

Im sure energy wont be happy with it.they were using this frequency before galaxy plonked themselves on top of them.As they did with all 80s on 94.3.energy blasting in here in whitehall on 99.5

Don't Energy use 99.3 sometimes, for example when Christmas FM are on? Maybe that's a good alternative to avoid overlap. Or maybe 88.1 could be used by one of them?

Heard some apparent jamming during the week by someone on 99.5, not sure that's the best idea.

This is a recurring issue with part time broadcasters versus those trying to operate 24/7. Nobody is to blame as fequencies are in short supply.

Hopefully some sensible solution soon.

New operators need to do their homework before simply plonking on frequencies, there have been too many cases of operators seemingly picking frequencies out of a hat and/or not doing simple research. There are enough bandscans published on this forum to demonstrate when frequencies are occupied (in many cases for years), a simple read back here would save a lot of hassle, I imagine. There's just no excuse.

The argument about part time versus full time doesn't hold water, many operators have served listeners for years on weekends for example, are we saying a 'full time' operator can simply hop onto a well-known weekend station? We all know two things (1) nobody owns any frequency and (2) 'full time' stations tend to attract unwanted attention.

Of course part time stations have to be respected, no issue there.

Great to see plently of activity on the band last week or two including some live broadcasts. Who would have thought! :)

I also picked up yesterday that station on 96.0 which relays ABC 80s and shares space with BBC Radio 4!

Most of the 2020 stations survived into the new year.

• Advertisement

News on the street has it galaxy is going to increase signal to blank them totally out from Southside Dublin
    Also I believe the guy behind Galaxy has plenty of cash behind him
    And doesn't like when people interfere with him he is well known to take action to take them off air anyway hope all them guys can sort something out it doesn't get nasty

Retro fm 92.0 today also 99.5 maybe them guys are friends so maybe relaying retro FM for them

It's great to see plenty of activity on the band

Advertisement