Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

93.2 now identifying as "THE VIBE" and playing RnB music.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

JDxtra wrote: »
    93.2 now identifying as "THE VIBE" and playing RnB music.

Seems to be same Operators in my opinion very bad signal and same Patteran why oh why what will it be next weeks lol

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

RDS displaying kiss fm on 93.2fm change of hart again so we had the last 4 weeks pure fm The vibe now kiss fm
    The blind leeding the blind
    Dance r&b and back to dance.

Give it up will guys you are making a show of yourselfs

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Plenty of lift in Dublin at the moment, This is what I could get on the car radio in Liffey valley car park

BBC Radio 2 88.1 88.7
    BBC Radio 3 92.0 (RDS)
    BBC Ulster 93.8, 94.5
    BBCCymru 94.2 (RDS)
    BBC Radio 1 98.4, 99.4, 99.7
    Beat 102.0
    Spin Southwest 102.5
    BBC Radio 4 103.6, 104.0, 104.6
    Heart (Wales)105.2
    Red FM (Cork) 105.7

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

Things are definitely funky up here in Drogheda too. Getting BBC Radio 4 crystal clear on 104.0 with RDS. Looks to be from Blaenplwyf. None of these seem to be from Northern Ireland.

Can't even get RDS on some of the Dublin stations at the moment.

Edit: Also getting:

88.1: BBC Radio 2 (seems to be obliterating Pirate FM)
    89.8: BBC Radio 2 (No RDS)
    90.3: BBC Radio 3
    99.4: BBC Radio 1
    100.7 Classic FM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Getting the below crystal clear with RDS in Wicklow

88.20 BBC R2
    92.50 & 103.60 BC R4
    99.40 & 99.70 BBC R1
    99.90 & 100.70 Classic
    102.50 MONFM
    105.00 3FM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

What’s the story with 93.2 in Dublin? Is 105.7 The Beach / The Vaultstill on?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

93.2 fm was renamed to KISS fm sometime last week. It is now playing dance music but does not seem to be the same KISS that was on 102.5 last year.

What’s the story with 93.2 in Dublin? Is 105.7 The Beach / The Vaultstill on?

93.2 in Dublin seems to be a name change from Pure to Kiss, it’s the same station the signal is quite weak driving around, The music is dance & R&B, That’s a question for someone to answer, How many stations with the name Kiss have been on in Dublin down the years?

As far as I know TheBeach/TheVault on 105.7 operate at the weekend only.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

Why doesn't FK just do everyone a favour and call it a day?? Scrolling through the 'Hot Fm Dance' page on facebook and see a cringy video of him in his pool talking absolute gick! Do us all a favour buddy and fk off! He has done nothing but ruin the airwaves since he made his 'big comeback'
    SPA!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭TallGlass2

30/60k listeners daily, ah stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Why doesn't FK just do everyone a favour and call it a day?? Scrolling through the 'Hot Fm Dance' page on facebook and see a cringy video of him in his pool talking absolute gick! Do us all a favour buddy and fk off! He has done nothing but ruin the airwaves since he made his 'big comeback'
    SPA!
    You know actually talking about the station is doing FK a favour. In marketing you have achieved your goal if people are talking about you.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,999 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

TallGlass2 wrote: »
    30/60k listeners daily, ah stop.

yeah, not a chance in hell.
    for god sake even the big networks only reach large listenership totals via multiple channels, on a per channel basis the listeners seem to be in the few hundreds at most.

he knows we know he is spoofing, time for him to give it up, the game is up.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

SPA!

Plenty of ads, Was flicking around the band earlier and coming up to the top of the hour there must be 6 ads on Hot FM

• Registered Users Posts: 5,877 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Automated scan today from Liffey Valley (graphic is attached). Don't read too much into the signal strengths reported.

87.6 - Chill FM
    88.1 - PirateFM
    88.5 - RTE R1
    89.1 - RTE R1
    89.6 - RTE R1
    89.9 - SPIRIT
    90.3 - NEAR FM
    90.7 - RTE 2FM
    91.3 - RTE 2FM
    92.2 - SPIRIT
    92.5 - PHOENIX
    92.9 - RTE RnaG
    93.5 - RTE RnaG
    93.9 - DSFM
    94.6 - CLS HITS
    94.9 - CLS HITS
    95.5 - LMFM
    96.7 - RTElyric
    97.6 - KFM
    98.1 - 98FM
    98.7 - RTElyric
    99.9 - ECoastFM
    100.3 - NOVA
    100.9 - Today FM
    101.8 - Today FM
    102.2 - Q102
    102.7 - RTE RnaG
    103.2 - Dub City
    103.8 - SPIN1038
    104.4 - FM104
    104.7 - iRadio
    105.5 - Today FM
    106.0 - NEWSTALK
    106.4 - RNA LIFE
    106.8 - SUNSHINE
    107.1 - CLUB FM
    107.6 - NEWSTALK

Getting something on 92.6 in Drogheda. Identified itself as Moneymore 92.6 and playing dance music. Not getting a good enough signal to tell if RDS is being broadcast but I’d doubt it, the signal is very variable.

ka2 wrote: »
    Getting something on 92.6 in Drogheda. Identified itself as Moneymore 92.6 and playing dance music. Not getting a good enough signal to tell if RDS is being broadcast but I’d doubt it, the signal is very variable.

I would doubt you would get a good signal, if its coming from Moneymore, all flat land there. No heights whatsoever. They would need to re-locate to Monsterboice of Bellewstown. That must be the first pirate in Drogheda in many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭irs

On Wednesday at around 2.15 in the afternoon I could pick up a Spanish station on 92.4 in cavan. The RDS said RADIOLE.

castle2012 wrote: »
    You know actually talking about the station is doing FK a favour. In marketing you have achieved your goal if people are talking about you.

Disagree completely there, anybody that is talking about it all say the same thing. Hes making a fool out of himself and anybody that is involved and as for anybody advertising on the 'station' they clearly have no clue that they are advertising their buisness to a shady character. Lets not forget why he fled to spain in the first place 😉

Disagree completely there, anybody that is talking about it all say the same thing. Hes making a fool out of himself and anybody that is involved and as for anybody advertising on the 'station' they clearly have no clue that they are advertising their buisness to a shady character. Lets not forget why he fled to spain in the first place 😉

Why did he fle??

• Advertisement

castle2012 wrote: »
    Why did he fle??

I'm not sure the topic should be publicly published on here but there were several serious allegations made against him back in the day which I'm sure is in the public domain somewhere.that is all i can say on the matter.

It's probably the weather but I'm getting something fading in and out on 96.1. Strong enough to cut over East Coast FM on 96.2 at times. Not sure what language it is, sounds Slavic.

92.6 still active tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Pirate fm 88.1 FM very loud and distorted today !!!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,634 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »

Perfect here - not distorted an not over modulated.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Pirate Fm

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »

Hey Sunny, thanks for your comment, We don’t comment too often here. You’ll appreciate that at the moment all of our presenters are broadcasting from home with their own equipment so as we move through the weekend starting at 10 am Saturday morning until 10pm Sunday evening I have 14 different studio set ups to contend with some better than others, the guys are using what equipment is available to them so that’s
    14 different Microphones
    14 different Soundcards
    14 different ways of playing music and liners
    14 different Mixing Desks
    And 14 different sets of levels I have to deal with so it is possible that every once In a while you will hear a small bit of distortion, Which is rectified as soon as it’s noticeable , But all in all it sounds good with the odd glitch here and there, Sit back and enjoy the tunes Happy Sunday and thanks to all our presenters for giving up their time and their homes keep up the good work lads

Arrrrrrghhhhh

Hats off to Pirate FM for all the live programming, the 'switching ' between presenters is hardly noticeable most of the time and it's a station that is certainly proving (if proof was needed) that there is an audience for this type of music station.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

No sign of 93.2 KISS fm for a few days. 99.5 FRESH gone for a month or maybe longer.

hibits wrote: »
    No sign of 93.2 KISS fm for a few days. 99.5 FRESH gone for a month or maybe longer.
    I last heard Kiss on Thursday on 93.2,also heard a carrier on 94.1 but that has since dissappeared.

You must have missed the memo on Fresh - launching Summer 2020 with Big Power.....

• Registered Users Posts: 600 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Infoanon wrote: »
    I last heard Kiss on Thursday on 93.2,also heard a carrier on 94.1 but that has since dissappeared.

You must have missed the memo on Fresh - launching Summer 2020 with Big Power.....

Please don’t mention Fresh 😂 the airwaves are a better place without Silly Phil doing god knows what on 99.5!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,999 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

apparently kiss are off to do some work on the transmission.
    good riddens to fresh as they were going nowhere clearly after over 3 years on tests.
    now for another certain someone to go off the air and be replaced with something worth while and we should be sucking diesel.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Advertisement