Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Freq Hopper on 94.3 should use 99.5 or 91.6, seems like the Phever relay was a once-off

• Registered Users Posts: 609 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Extremely unfair comments to make about somebody who has consistently posted interesting and informed posts here and on other sites for well over 15 years.

tiswasfan wrote: »
    Under-reaction actually. Every unlicensed station on air represents people taking financial and legal risks. Often without advertising or any support. Yet you blab on a public forum for all to read, digging around, coming up with stories, making connections etc. You realise comreg reads these forums for people like you to do their work?

You've been told before to think before you type.

Absolutely, not to mention a very knowledgeable and clearly avid longtime radio anorak

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Serious question. How many people who are actually involved in running or part of a current pirate radio station are happy for anoraks to speculate and publish information in public? Not talking about historical anorak news, just current stations.

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

Serious question. How many people who are actually involved in running or part of a current pirate radio station are happy for anoraks to speculate and publish information in public? Not talking about historical anorak news, just current stations.

This is more or less what the thread is about, it's a bandscan thread and discussion around it.

You might also be surprised how many people who are part of current pirates contribute/have contributed here or just stay silent in the background, it's never been an issue before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

If someone presents on a pirate with a certain name (real or otherwise), I see no issue with that being discussed.

Revealing "real" names, names of those silent background staff or precise studio/site locations of current or recent operations wouldn't be a good idea in my opinion. In fairness though, I haven’t seen anything like that here.

I've seen owners and presenters named here, sometimes in the wrong, and DI Walsh had to apologise least once if I remember correctly?

“DI Walsh” as you describe him is merely reporting on information that is in the public domain. It’s why we call it ‘broadcasting’. This is a band scan thread!

I've seen owners and presenters named here, sometimes in the wrong, and DI Walsh had to apologise least once if I remember correctly?

Welcome to boards.ie :)

Seriously? If you’re looking for a poster with a track record Declan certainly isn’t your man

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Bubbles2020

Frank Kennedy live on Pulse 91.0 now. Announcing as Hot FM. Here we go again!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Fairly active band this evening...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 PirateFM
    91.0 PULSE (relay of Hot FM)
    91.6 Phever (low power)
    92.0 RETRO FM
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 AT HOME
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.2 EASY
    107.1 CLUB FM

Unable to get a signal for 94.1, 98.4 or 105.7 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JDxtra wrote: »

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 PirateFM
    91.6 Phever (low power)
    92.0 RETRO FM
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 AT HOME
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.2 EASY
    107.1 CLUB FM

Energy Power AM is also on at 1395 kh MW.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

Kind of knew it was a hold for the gob****e to come back he wont last shame on the oparater for letting back sure I sapose the operator had no real interest himself letting the audio skip for days and days complete amateurs the hole lot of them. It Wont last

Ah, lock up your daughters folks, here we go again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 PirateFM
    91.6 Phever (low power)
    92.0 RETRO FM
    93.2 Pure FM
    94.3 AT HOME
    102.5 RetroNow
    105.2 EASY
    107.1 CLUB FM

The Beach has been on air since at least early afternoon, 90s Network on air ,UNID is off air at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

That's really interesting so is Hot Fm back? Or is it just a relay for tonight?

Energy Power AM is also on at 1395 kh MW.

Nice to see you post Declan, I think your other half was looking for you earlier.

castle2012 wrote: »
    That's really interesting so is Hot Fm back? Or is it just a relay for tonight?
    Yes 91.0 RDS Displays HOT FM it was only a matter of time ie to get to there site and change it

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

john 1000 wrote: »
    Yes 91.0 RDS Displays HOT FM it was only a matter of time ie to get to there site and change it

More rubbish on 91.0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Frank normally comes back on the radio to promote gigs but I can’t see any of them happening with the virus.

Frank normally comes back on the radio to promote gigs but I can’t see any of them happening with the virus.

It's a strange one alright. Surprised to see Hot Fm back.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Took a note of these from Stocking Lane; the pirates are in bold. Definitely a day for carrying signals at the expense of clarity but the height helped as well.

87.6 Chill FM. Weak but it is in a vulnerable position on the band
    88.1 Pirate FM. A poor signal at Stocking Lane yet excellent reception at Superquinn Knocklyon

89.5 St Ita Hospital Radio. Pre programmed output all the way
    90.1 BBC2
    90.9 BBC3
    91.0 Pulse/Hot FM
    91.6 Phever
    92.0 Retro FM

92.3 BBC3
    93.1 BBC Ulster
    93.2 Pure. Over loud audio at times, approaching distortion. Possibly their audio feed is too high at playback stage.
    94.5 BBC
    98.4 90s Network. Weak signal isn't helped with the weather today.
    99.0 BBC1
    99.3 Energy relay. Seems to be mono with a pilot light active but there was live output today
    99.7 BBC1
    101.1 Q network
    102.5 Unidentifed faint dance. Could be a harmonic given the site and conditions
    105.2 Easy. Good signal and audio
    107.1 Club. Better audio processing than most others

Any amendments or comments are more than welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭bossdrum

castle2012 wrote: »
    It's a strange one alright. Surprised to see Hot Fm back.

Fair play to Frank, he's doing a live show now.
    I think its better radio giving shoutouts and requests rather than just an autoplay.
    There are a number of good dance pirates on at the moment but it would be great to hear more live programming.

bossdrum wrote: »
    Fair play to Frank, he's doing a live show now.
    I think its better radio giving shoutouts and requests rather than just an autoplay.
    There are a number of good dance pirates on at the moment but it would be great to hear more live programming.
    I dont really agree with the at all what the point in listening to someone shouting down the mic hot fm sounds like a fun fair ride with Kennedy in the box do you what to higher do you want to go faster eco eco. Would you stop its complete **** radio and makes all the others sound even better simple as that

he is a virus 27k fake likes on his fb hes back because he has noting to do in spain but I would say he is not too much more quiet then normally anyway lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Took a note of these from Stocking Lane; the pirates are in bold. Definitely a day for carrying signals at the expense of clarity but the height helped as well.

87.6 Chill FM. Weak but it is in a vulnerable position on the band
    88.1 Pirate FM. A poor signal at Stocking Lane yet excellent reception at Superquinn Knocklyon

89.5 St Ita Hospital Radio. Pre programmed output all the way
    90.1 BBC2
    90.9 BBC3
    91.0 Pulse/Hot FM
    91.6 Phever
    92.0 Retro FM

92.3 BBC3
    93.1 BBC Ulster
    93.2 Pure. Over loud audio at times, approaching distortion. Possibly their audio feed is too high at playback stage.
    94.5 BBC
    98.4 90s Network. Weak signal isn't helped with the weather today.
    99.0 BBC1
    99.3 Energy relay. Seems to be mono with a pilot light active but there was live output today
    99.7 BBC1
    101.1 Q network
    102.5 Unidentifed faint dance. Could be a harmonic given the site and conditions
    105.2 Easy. Good signal and audio
    107.1 Club. Better audio processing than most others

Any amendments or comments are more than welcome.
    102.5 was probably Retro Now which is stronger out towards Dublin South West, the same goes for Chill which is much stronger out that direction.

The Beach 105.7 should have been audible at stocking lane 90s Network signal , by their own admission, is primarily aimed at the Northside but has definitely improved on the southside recently.

Infoanon wrote: »

The Beach 105.7 should have been audible at stocking lane

Don’t want to give the game away but a weak signal from the Beach up there doesn’t surprise me at all 👀👀

john 1000 wrote: »
    I dont really agree with the at all what the point in listening to someone shouting down the mic hot fm sounds like a fun fair ride with Kennedy in the box do you what to higher do you want to go faster eco eco. Would you stop its complete **** radio and makes all the others sound even better simple as that

To be fair. I'm no fan of FK, But automation seems to be the only dance pirates of late. A real shame. I remember back only a few years ago with had Tonic/Nrg/Phever.
    I know Phever is still available online. But most would have to agree pirates with live DJ'S would be welcome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,087 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Infoanon wrote: »
    102.5 was probably Retro Now which is stronger out towards Dublin South West, the same goes for Chill which is much stronger out that direction.

The Beach 105.7 should have been audible at stocking lane 90s Network signal , by their own admission, is primarily aimed at the Northside but has definitely improved on the southside recently.

I expected to pick Beach up but no it wasn't coming in for me atall atall atall. I might check it out at some stage tomorrow. Likewise, 102.5 is worth checking again.

Advertisement