Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

Pirate Fm wrote: »
    Hey Sunny, thanks for your comment, We don’t comment too often here. You’ll appreciate that at the moment all of our presenters are broadcasting from home with their own equipment so as we move through the weekend starting at 10 am Saturday morning until 10pm Sunday evening I have 14 different studio set ups to contend with some better than others, the guys are using what equipment is available to them so that’s
    14 different Microphones
    14 different Soundcards
    14 different ways of playing music and liners
    14 different Mixing Desks
    And 14 different sets of levels I have to deal with so it is possible that every once In a while you will hear a small bit of distortion, Which is rectified as soon as it’s noticeable , But all in all it sounds good with the odd glitch here and there, Sit back and enjoy the tunes Happy Sunday and thanks to all our presenters for giving up their time and their homes keep up the good work lads

Arrrrrrghhhhh

Well done guys keep up your good work

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

apparently kiss are off to do some work on the transmission.
    good riddens to fresh as they were going nowhere clearly after over 3 years on tests.
    now for another certain someone to go off the air and be replaced with something worth while and we should be sucking diesel.
    Kiss in my opinion could stay off too sounds very unprofessional what they have put out so far 3 different names in 3 weeks keep it off is what id say lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Club Fm Dublin have an advertisement: This Friday night from 6pm their doing a tribute to the original Club Fm 106.4Fm, Which was in operation from 1993-1999.
    Will be nice to see what they do, looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheBMG

castle2012 wrote: »
    Club Fm Dublin have an advertisement: This Friday night from 6pm their doing a tribute to the original Club Fm 106.4Fm, Which was in operation from 1993-1999.
    Will be nice to see what they do, looking forward to it.

If it’s in the spirit of the original Club FM then they’ll take all the bass out of the audio, threaten site owners, firebomb a rival station and go on to a less than stellar career installing kitchen furniture while ripping off auld dears.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Dublindj2020

TheBMG wrote: »
    If it’s in the spirit of the original Club FM then they’ll take all the bass out of the audio, threaten site owners, firebomb a rival station and go on to a less than stellar career installing kitchen furniture while ripping off auld dears.

Lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Club FM was hugely popular back in its day. Sure, it was a bit rough around the edges - but for me it was all about the music, the DJs and the mixing.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

JDxtra wrote: »
    Club FM was hugely popular back in its day. Sure, it was a bit rough around the edges - but for me it was all about the music, the DJs and the mixing.

Some people who went on to licensed radio did go through Club FM. The late Tony Dixon (FM104), although more associated with Pulse and ESG, did do a stint on Club FM as Station Manager. Mark Kavanagh, although more associated with DLR, did do a stint with Club FM. He briefly presented a dance program on what was then called Radio Ireland (now Today FM). Rusty Nails of Club FM is better known these days as Eamon Duffy on FM104. John Kerrigan, one of the mainstays of Club FM, went on to present programs on digital station RTE Pulse. There must be some more examples as Club FM had plenty of presenters.

Some people who went on to licensed radio did go through Club FM. The late Tony Dixon (FM104), although more associated with Pulse and ESG, did do a stint on Club FM as Station Manager. Mark Kavanagh, although more associated with DLR, did do a stint with Club FM. He briefly presented a dance program on what was then called Radio Ireland (now Today FM). Rusty Nails of Club FM is better known these days as Eamon Duffy on FM104. John Kerrigan, one of the mainstays of Club FM, went on to present programs on digital station RTE Pulse. There must be some more examples as Club FM had plenty of presenters.

There was also Andy Jackson who was also very good. Not sure if he is still on radio

This was the Club FM schedule as of April 1997...

KNpjQVO.jpg

Also found a bandscan from the same period (April '97)...

FM Pirates:
    87.9 Energy FM
    88.1 Fun FM / Dublin 101
    92.0 Freedom FM
    93.8 K.I.S.S. Dublin
    94.3 ABC Dublin
    94.55 Mix 94.6
    96.0 WLR (Walkinstown local radio)
    96.6 Dream FM (relaying Spectrum 105.3)
    98.4 UCB (United Christian Broadcasters)
    99.0 D.A.R.C. FM (Dublin alternative radio collective)
    99.4 SuperQ
    100.0 Radio Dublin
    102.5 Radio Caroline
    102.9 Pulse FM
    103.2 Pulse FM
    105.3 Spectrum FM / Jazz FM
    106.0 Hits 106
    106.4 Club FM
    107.1 XFM

Pirate link frequencies:
    87.7 SuperQ
    89.6 Dream FM
    89.7 Mix 94.6
    89.9 Club FM
    92.5 Spectrum FM
    95.3 K.I.S.S. Dublin
    99.1 Pulse FM
    106.9 Energy FM
    107.9 D.A.R.C. FM

Test/occasional broadcasts:
    89.7 UCB
    89.8 Jazz FM
    90.25 Premier FM
    98.7 Power FM (Relaying BBC Radio 1)
    102.5 D.M.R (from mid-april)
    105.7 Unknown, heard testing last night (14.4.97) (low power, but in stereo)
    107.9 Fresh FM
    108.0 UCB

• Advertisement

KNpjQVO.jpg

Ah yes remember all them names. Friday evening will be very interesting. I wonder will any of them guys be on air on Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

93.2 back on air today playing dance, Keep it Kiss according to a jingle I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Jason Dee is another example. Was on Radio Nova a few years ago

Loved his Sound Crowd specials back in the day

KNpjQVO.jpg

I never rated the station probably because Sunset & Pulse were more professional, but when you look at the list of djs that passed through there’s plenty of talent there

KNpjQVO.jpg

If it is the same Paul Duffy, he is head of sound on Today FM and was previously: presenter on South East Radio, sound engineer for Newstalk, imaging director for 98FM, production director for Classic Hits 4FM and production director for FM104.

I think Andy Jackson is now an imaging producer for UK-based Pure Tonic Medie, if it is the same guy on Linkedin! Clients include Spin1038 as well as a number of UK radio stations.

If it is the same Paul Duffy, he is head of sound on Today FM and was previously: presenter on South East Radio, sound engineer for Newstalk, imaging director for 98FM, production director for Classic Hits 4FM and production director for FM104.

I think Andy Jackson is now an imaging producer for UK-based Pure Tonic Medie, if it is the same guy on Linkedin! Clients include Spin1038 as well as a number of UK radio stations.
    That Andy is different, and I also suspect that Paul is different.

Also I don't recall Mark Kavanagh or John Kerrigan on Club FM (at least not regular shows). Mark was on DLR, and John was on one of the Kiss FMs (the hard house one, early 2000s?).

Tony Dixon tried to change the format of the station and rename it Mojo Radio. It was a disaster and it was changed back. In later years Club was renamed to The Vibe (not the same Vibe that was on 107.1).

That Andy is different, and I also suspect that Paul is different.

Also I don't recall Mark Kavanagh or John Kerrigan on Club FM (at least not regular shows).

Tony Dixon tried to change the format of the station and rename it Mojo Radio. It was a disaster and it was changed back. In later years Club was renamed to The Vibe (not the same Vibe that was on 107.1).

It is probably the Paul Duffy connected to Freedom. I just wasn't sure if there were two of them but I did consider that possibility alright!

John Kerrigan was involved with a number of dance events that included the Club FM crew, so I assumed he was one of them too! Maybe someone could confirm whether or not he was on Club FM at some stage.

In relation to Mark Kavanagh, I did read somewhere about his brief involvement with Club FM. Not one of the names that would readily be associated with Club FM I admit, but, that said, he was involved with some overlapping dance events.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Not like you to be wrong on both counts Declan ;-)

It’s a different Paul Duffy and a different Andy Jackson. The Paul Duffy from Today FM is now with iRadio and also has a background in the pirates

TheBMG wrote: »
    Not like you to be wrong on both counts Declan ;-)

It’s a different Paul Duffy and a different Andy Jackson. The Paul Duffy from Today FM is now with iRadio and also has a background in the pirates

:D To be fair, I did qualify my comments in relation to these two names! I was aware of Paul Duffy connected to Freedom FM, which I think is this guy.

Another good one, Tony Weston in the mornings. Remember well. Not sure where he is now.
    Another one dj marko with the prisoner request show, He seemed to get many requests in. Not sure where his is now.
    I might be wrong on this, but I taught Paul Duffy was the station manager at the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

More activity on 96.1 here, got Midwest Radio fading in this morning. I heard noise over the East Coast FM signal again so tuned down .1 and heard a radio bingo programme. I thought it might have been Radio Kerry at first (I know they did such a slot before) but it stayed on long enough to identify the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

ka2 wrote: »
    More activity on 96.1 here, got Midwest Radio fading in this morning. I heard noise over the East Coast FM signal again so tuned down .1 and heard a radio bingo programme. I thought it might have been Radio Kerry at first (I know they did such a slot before) but it stayed on long enough to identify the station.

Where abouts are you based, approximately?

A little bit of lift again in Dublin today

97.3 KFM
    100.7 Today FM (Monaghan)
    101.1 Q Radio
    101.9 Classic
    103.5 Midlands 103
    104.1 Shannonside
    105.8 U105

Where abouts are you based, approximately?
    Just on the outskirts of Drogheda.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Just on the outskirts of Drogheda.

Some pick up. The 96.1 FM site isn't the highest in the world plus it's beaming mainly towards the west.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

MWR used to boom into the east coast in its early days - even have a tape here somewhere of its opening with a Bishop a few days after Capitol. Nowadays, the frequency is busier than back then - so a good catch

96.1 is all over the place here! I heard what sounded like 1920s music coming through. I could see that the radio was seeing RDS but didn't lock at first. But I had my camera at the ready and it eventually got there.

This is probably the station I got the first time, looks to be Czech from some Googling.

514619.jpg

Listening to Club Fm today. Tony Weston is talking on the ad's. Should be very interesting tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

that add has been on the station the last couple of days, i have only tuned in for a bit today so maybe they have added another one, will have to check.
    i am looking forward to the tribute tonight myself, it will be something different anyway.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

Interesting article on Radiowaves about the original Club FM:
    http://radiowaves.fm/ire/database/club-fm-2/

I always thought it launched in 1994. Apparently it was around on a small-scale since 1990, making it the first dance station. Are Gleann and Tony Weston the same person?

Advertisement