Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,629 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »

Someone else will need to report on status of 94.1, 98.4, 99.3 and 105.7.

98.4 90s Network are on 24/7 at the moment
    105.7 The Beach are on at the weekends at the moment
    94.1 Unid has dissappeared thankfully
    99.3 Tends to be weekends only - it wasn't on the air on Monday

Pirate FM are scheduling more live programmes while 92.0 and 94.3 relayed Charity Radio on bank holiday Monday.

102.5 - Oldies music in Dublin South yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,035 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Infoanon wrote: »

Pirate FM are scheduling more live programmes while 92.0 and 94.3 relayed

They took in a couple of extra presenters over the last week or two. Some "live" shows went out on their web feed but seemingly most of them didn't make it to the FM feed, at least on 88.1FM they didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

Was scanning the band I heard dance music on 103.2 Dub City Fm whats going on there bad audio bad mix that didnt work my Knowledge this is a Licensed station at 2 am track ended then the worse Imaging you would ever hear (this is Dublins city FM ) now blank carrier ever since what a Waste of a Frequency And Excuse of a radio station just needed to get it off my chest it's pure dirt..

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

john 1000 wrote: »
    Was scanning the band I heard dance music on 103.2 Dub City Fm whats going on there bad audio bad mix that didnt work my Knowledge this is a Licensed station at 2 am track ended then the worse Imaging you would ever hear (this is Dublins city FM ) now blank carrier ever since what a Waste of a Frequency And Excuse of a radio station just needed to get it off my chest it's pure dirt..

That's DJ Fabio, he has a slot on Dublin City FM every Tuesday night 12am to 2am. Going for several years now. Your right, it's not the best. Apart from that it's not a bad station. Community run. Most if not all, are volunteers.

That's DJ Fabio, he has a slot on Dublin City FM every Tuesday night 12am to 2am. Going for several years now. Your right, it's not the best. Apart from that it's not a bad station. Community run. Most if not all, are volunteers.
    Aw right thanks for that.
    It needs to be revamped to something better it's very unfortunate there is definitely a lot better on air and deserve to be on that Frequency pure waste and very unprofessional from what I heard tonight not the dj I didnt hear one link but the audio I cant get into my head that cant be a licence to be got but that rubbish has one very wrong it sounds to me that they maybe dont even have Automation to take over like what........

• Advertisement

It needs to be revamped to something better it's very unfortunate there is definitely a lot better on air and deserve to be on that Frequency pure waste and very unprofessional from what I heard tonight not the dj I didnt hear one link but the audio I cant get into my head that cant be a licence to be got but that rubbish has one very wrong it sounds to me that they maybe dont even have Automation to take over like what........

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

Most community stations are all like that to be honest. Don't really care much for audio processing or audio quality. Phoenix FM 92.5 in Blanchardstown is worse. Audio is really bad, worse than some of the pirates. I was a volunteer with them about 20 odd years ago and the audio was a lot better. Most of these community stations also have strict rules, 70% talk 30% music etc... And run on a shoestring.

Most community stations are all like that to be honest. Don't really care much for audio processing or audio quality. Phoenix FM 92.5 in Blanchardstown is worse. Audio is really bad, worse than some of the pirates. I was a volunteer with them about 20 odd years ago and the audio was a lot better. Most of these community stations also have strict rules, 70% talk 30% music etc... And run on a shoestring.
    It needs to be switched off and the frequency giving to a professional operator sure look at it this way what use is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Probably some automation issue on Dublin City FM. It's usually one of the better run community stations. I've heard some questionable audio on some others over the years.

From what I've seen many are run by volunteers, and many of these don't have a radio background.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

as far as i know dublin city fm don't do overnight automation and never have done so, i don't actually find that an issue tbh.
    is fabio actually still with dc fm? i haven't heard him on there in a while but admittidly i am not a regular listener to that show, but when i have tuned in it has been a different host called biyanca who i believe is or was his co-host.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement

It needs to be switched off and the frequency giving to a professional operator sure look at it this way what use is it?

Dublin City FM broadcasting hours are 7am to 2am.....

They also have an optimod in their audio chain.

In Bandscan news : 90s Network appear to be off air at the moment

7am to 2am what does the over night listener do then go somewhere else? Pointless station in my book for the sake of an Automation system the station is stone age needs to be revamped

My nearest community station (Liffey Sound FM) are permitted to broadcast Monday – Friday from 3pm to 11pm (plus a different weekend schedule). Outside of these hours they turn off the actual transmitter!

7am to 2am what does the over night listener do then go somewhere else? Pointless station in my book for the sake of an Automation system the station is stone age needs to be revamped

in fairness every other station broadcast 24 hours a day so community stations not doing so is not an issue, there are other options for listeners at the times community stations don't broadcast.
    perhapse dcfm could switch off the transmitter overnight but obviously they feel it's not worth while or cost effective over all to do so so they don't and that's fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

On a separate note, I’m trying to remember when Anna Livia FM (Now Dublin City FM) came on in June 1992 am I right in saying that’s why Sunset FM moved off 103.2 & on to 106.8?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

On a separate note, I’m trying to remember when Anna Livia FM (Now Dublin City FM) came on in June 1992 am I right in saying that’s why Sunset FM moved off 103.2 & on to 106.8?

When Anna Livia first started, it was actually on 103.8. A number of pirates occupied 103.2 at different times. It moved to 103.2 around the time of the arrival of Spin 1038 AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭mackersdublin

Pulse FM 103 was the last pirate on 103.2 before Anna Livia FM moved from 103.8 and yes the move was to facilitate the launch of Spin 1038

yes, there was a loop on 103.8 for a while advising that the station had moved to 103.2.
    i think, didn't they broadcast on both frequencies for a bit before that? and i think they moved a year or maybe more before spin launched? i'm going on memory here so i'm in all likely hood mixed up as it was years ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheBMG

Nope. Sunset moved off 103.2 (originally 103.1) late 1991 because of some TVI that couldn’t be fixed easily.

Coast FM (Simon Mahers early pirate) and Sunset swapped channels which is why Sunset ended up on 106.8.

Anna Livia came on (fulltime) in the Autumn of 1992 on 103.8 and later moved to 103.2 around the same time as Radio na Life shifting from 102.2 to 106.8

Anna Livia Dublin City FM started simulcasting on 103.2 and 103.8 in July '99 for a short period. (Pulse closed to apply for a licence on June 30th ). The move to 103.8 was to facilitate what eventually launched as Spin in 2002.

103.8 is licenced for higher power than 103.2 iirc.

RnaLife moved from 102.2 to 106.4 to facilitate what launched as Lite FM (they protested a lot about having to move iirc and also had a simulcast )

BMG has filled in the blanks on Sunset/ Coast etc

• Advertisement

My nearest community station (Liffey Sound FM) are permitted to broadcast Monday – Friday from 3pm to 11pm (plus a different weekend schedule). Outside of these hours they turn off the actual transmitter!

The TX is located on the premises iirc so it's easy to switch on and off - you are required to keep a log of who accesses the TX and with minimum electrical cost savings it seems a bit OTT to be switching the TX on and off. However there might be other reasons.

Dublin City FM is not on site (!) .

Regarding pirate use of 103.2 FM in Dublin - Nova ,KHTR/Sunset,Coast,Kiss,NSR and finally Pulse - have I left any out ?

The 90s network is on air tonight - reception problems earlier in the week may have been due to very strong and clear reception of BBC Radio 1.

Other stations on tonight - Chill / Pirate /Hot / Pure / Retronow / Easy / Club and Energy am

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

What's your point here anyway? Why are you picking on this one station?

It's a community station, working within there permit, leave them to it.

Most are pointless, for my taste anyway, but I'm not thirsty for kickass community programming at 2.30am and neither are they.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

Dublin City FM is valuable resource during snow storms and severe weather. Its run by volunteers unpaid give them a break guys. Always good to have it there for brilliant upto date Dublin city traffic.

Live broadcasts on 88.1 Pirate FM this afternoon. Sounds great, perfect day for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Live broadcasts on 88.1 Pirate FM this afternoon. Sounds great, perfect day for it.

Signal is brutal on 88.1 fm in Monkstown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    Signal is brutal on 88.1 fm in Monkstown
    It’s pretty good in Drogheda! Even getting RDS on it up here.

Bandscan Dublin SW
    87.6 Chill
    88.1 Pirate FM (3 ads now airing In Addition To Covid 19 ads)
    91.0 Hot
    92.3 Pure
    98.4 90s Network - major audio issues with very low modulation
    102.5 RetroNow - weak
    103.0 Energy 103 - much improved signal since antenna repairs
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Club

Bandscan Dublin SW
    87.6 Chill
    88.1 Pirate FM (3 ads now airing)
    91.0 Hot
    92.3 Pure
    98.4 90s Network - major audio issues with very low modulation
    102.5 RetroNow - weak
    103.0 Energy 103 - much improved signal since antenna repairs
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Club

Slight typo there, Pure is 93.2.

Hot is coming in quite low in terms of audio levels. I'll share some readings from all the pirates when I get a chance.

• Advertisement

Slight typo there, Pure is 93.2.

Hot is coming in quite low in terms of audio levels. I'll share some readings from all the pirates when I get a chance.

Thanks - Modulation is low on HOT at the moment

Advertisement