Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

JDxtra wrote: »
    So, I went and checked... :)

Storm are playing two Corona virus ads per hour, one is 30 seconds and the other is 45 seconds long. Club are playing one per hour which is the same 30 second long one that Storm are playing.

No Corona ads heard on Pulse FM or Pure FM. Haven't checked Easy Radio or Pirate FM yet, although Easy do have a message on their RDS radio text.

What about the one that’s completely different to the agency ones, the one that goes on for 3 minutes, Slow speaking man like a priest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭tiswasfan

Maybe the isolation is getting to people, Again welcome to boards.ie, My contribution is that I don’t think the automated dance pirates on air at the moment should be playing the Covid 19 ads, it’s great to have a debate about it here, talking to anoraks during the last few weeks about this they all said no leave it to the legals, that’s why I find it funny the same people are on here saying they don’t have a problem with it �� Just my opinion and everyone’s got one just like arseholes ��

Just throwing this out there, EVERYONE has been asked to help with the pandemic causing lonely deaths and misery throughout our country in all age groups. It's a time of national emergency, rules are being bent at all levels of society as we all pull through this together. Patriotism still exists, it seems. Pirate stations can reach and engage with demographics not reached by mainstream operations. Possibly because of their automated operation. Who wouldn't want to help save lives if we could? Whether an RDS message or a promo/ad, lives could be saved. These are unusual times.

I saw your comment on the long version radio ad and agree it's not brilliant in the context of being the only promo in a schedule (there are a few shorter promos available) but, like the all-Irish language COVID-19 leaflets being distributed around Dublin, people are working outside their normal zone and some mistakes will be made.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

What about the one that’s completely different to the agency ones, the one that goes on for 3 minutes, Slow speaking man like a priest

Ay, that’s the one I heard

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Ay that’s the one I heard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

No Corona ads heard on Pulse FM or Pure FM. Haven't checked Easy Radio or Pirate FM yet, although Easy do have a message on their RDS radio text.
    I had Pirate FM on for a couple of hours and heard no mention of it at all. The only ad I heard was for a driving school.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Ger Roe wrote: »
    It's a public service broadcasting a message that everyone needs to hear - even pirate radio listeners. You can be fairly sure that the listeners to Storm won't have already heard the adverts on RTE Radio 1. Fair play to them.

Back in 1996 I remember Coast 105 FM observed the broadcast industry minute of silence for Veronica Guerin. It was done as an expression of respect for someone who paid the ultimate price for freedom of the press.

If you can do some good on a human level, why not do it - pirate or not?

Hi Ger, I know that Coast FM officially shut down in February 1996. Veronica Guerin was killed in June of that year. However, I read here or some other forum that Simon Maher still had the frequency 105.3/105.4, which ye came to some arrangement with dance station Q95 for. Your good self and Simon came on with The Anorak Hour and radio news on Sundays at 1pm as you had previously done! Or, if the minute's silence was in July, it could have been Simon's next station Spectrum on 100.7.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I didn't catch that one today, it does sound out of place. I'll see of I can catch it tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

So, I went and checked... :)

Storm are playing two Corona virus ads per hour, one is 30 seconds and the other is 45 seconds long. Club are playing one per hour which is the same 30 second long one that Storm are playing.

thanks jD can confirm easy is most definitely airing every hour covid19 adds we offered our help to the hse to promote their message and we're gladly taken up on the offer to promote the adds

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭kazoo106

https://soundcloud.com/hseireland/sets/hse-coronavirus-covid-19
    So we wont be hearing them on Retro now then !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Ger Roe

Hi Ger, I know that Coast FM officially shut down in February 1996. Veronica Guerin was killed in June of that year. However, I read here or some other forum that Simon Maher still had the frequency 105.3/105.4, which ye came to some arrangement with dance station Q95 for. Your good self and Simon came on with The Anorak Hour and radio news on Sundays at 1pm as you had previously done! Or, if the minute's silence was in July, it could have been Simon's next station Spectrum on 100.7.

You are correct Declan - memories get a bit confused as times roll on, particularly when the same studio location was used for different stations and there was a lot of change in 1996 - the radio silence was certainly observed, whatever name was on the station at the time - Q95 network or Spectrum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Bandscan Wednesday April 22nd 12.3pm Dublin

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse
    93.2 Pure
    94.1 Unid Dance ((very)over modulated )
    94.3 All 80s relay - audio in mono
    98.4 90s Network
    102.5 Retro Now
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Club FM

Only Retro,Energy AM,Energy FM relay and The Beach not on air

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Infoanon wrote: »
    Bandscan Wednesday April 22nd 12.3pm Dublin

87.6 Chill FM
    88.1 Pirate FM
    91.0 Pulse
    93.2 Pure
    94.1 Unid Dance ((very)over modulated )
    94.3 All 80s relay - audio in mono
    98.4 90s Network
    102.5 Retro Now
    105.2 Easy
    107.1 Club FM

Only Retro,Energy AM,Energy FM relay and The Beach not on air

Are 99.5 Fresh fm gone? I haven’t heard them in weeks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Are 99.5 Fresh fm gone? I haven’t heard them in weeks

With a bit of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

castle2012 wrote: »
    With a bit of luck.

99.5 FM is absolute rubbish anyway only had continuous muck on it whenever it was on.

I heard 94.3 (All 80s) a short while ago. The RDS says At Home, as it has for some weeks now. The RDS Information said "Wash your hand. You might just save lives!".

The last song I heard was More than a Feeling by Boston which is from the 1970s!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭ka2

I heard 94.3 (All 80s) a short while ago. The RDS says At Home, as it has for some weeks now. The RDS Information said "Wash your hand. You might just save lives!".

The last song I heard was More than a Feeling by Boston which is from the 1970s!
    I have them on now and in the last couple of minutes they played the Celine Dion version of The Power of Love, which is from 1993.

It's not unusual for an 80s station to have a few late 70s or early 90s on the playlist - it can be explained as the late 70s songs where hits in the 80s (chart or airplay ) and the early 90s sings may have been recorded in eg 89.
    93 is probably pushing it !! Though the Power of Love was an 80s song.....

Re All 80s relay, it is in stereo - it's very possible that the mono reception earlier was due to the over modulated audio on 94.1

Their (All 80s Jukebox ) facebook page is promoting the relay on 94.3

AT HOME has updated its RDS today with email addresses and helplines for support services. Pity theres a LOUD dance station killing them around Tallaght on 94.1

Infoanon wrote: »
    It's not unusual for an 80s station to have a few late 70s or early 90s on the playlist - it can be explained as the late 70s songs where hits in the 80s (chart or airplay ) and the early 90s sings may have been recorded in eg 89.

Re All 80s relay, it is in stereo - it's very possible that the mono reception earlier was due to the over modulated audio on 94.1

It might possibly explain More Than A Feeling by Boston, although that was released in 1976! But it does not explain Celine Dion's Power of Love, which was released in 1993, as was the album it was taken from!

The Unid on 94.1 - .2 Mhz from a community radio station - Dublin South FM , that in itself is stupid , to be over modulating .2 from a low powered legal.......

Well done to All 80s relay for the added RDS messages

• Advertisement

tiswasfan wrote: »
    AT HOME has updated its RDS today with email addresses and helplines for support services. Pity theres a LOUD dance station killing them around Tallaght on 94.1

Would this 94.1 station be the same unidentified station that was on 87.5 for a while? And is it the same unidentified station that was on 94.3 for a while and causing even more complications - two stations on the same frequency? At one point a station, possibly on 94.3, was identifying as Dizzy FM. Could this be the same station? What about Phever FM which used to be on 94.3, and, briefly more recently, turned up on 91.6? Is there any connection there?

Step forward Detective Inspector Walsh, always on duty to dig up the worst radio crimes and investigate ne'er do wells and push his chest out for credit on the forum.
    A village somewhere needs a nosy plod where your skills will be better employed.

Step forward Detective Inspector Walsh, always on duty to dig up the worst radio crimes and investigate ne'er do wells and push his chest out for credit on the forum.
    A village somewhere needs a nosy plod where your skills will be better employed.

Over-reaction methinks! My interest is mainly of an anorak variety!

Under-reaction actually. Every unlicensed station on air represents people taking financial and legal risks. Often without advertising or any support. Yet you blab on a public forum for all to read, digging around, coming up with stories, making connections etc. You realise comreg reads these forums for people like you to do their work?

You've been told before to think before you type.

Yet you blab on a public forum for all to read, digging around, coming up with stories, making connections etc. You realise comreg reads these forums for people like you to do their work?

You've been told before to think before you type.

The irony is that you posted on a public forum that 94.1 is loud blocking out all 80s in Tallaght.
    If you think that Comreg don't know the location of these transmissions or other transmissions than you are delusional.

No delusions here, comreg has access to the most powerful radio detection equipment, military-grade mostly, paid for by a multi-million euro annual levy on telecoms operators, they can locate any transmitter no matter how well hidden. That's the easy bit.

It's the intelligence gathering part that's more difficult generally but not with our detectives on the forum.

Correct, they will already know where transmissions are coming from. I very much doubt they look for evidence in here! Everything they capture has to be fact based in case there are legal proceedings. The unidentified on 94.1 does seem to be a bit rogue though. Certainly not acting with any sense of responsibility.

No delusions here, comreg has access to the most powerful radio detection equipment, military-grade mostly, paid for by a multi-million euro annual levy on telecoms operators, they can locate any transmitter no matter how well hidden. That's the easy bit.

It's the intelligence gathering part that's more difficult generally but not with our detectives on the forum.

Detection is outsourced to an external provider.

Certain categories are outsourced but cases are instituted and legal proceedings are taken by the commission.

• Advertisement

Would this 94.1 station be the same unidentified station that was on 87.5 for a while? And is it the same unidentified station that was on 94.3 for a while and causing even more complications - two stations on the same frequency? At one point a station, possibly on 94.3, was identifying as Dizzy FM. Could this be the same station? What about Phever FM which used to be on 94.3, and, briefly more recently, turned up on 91.6? Is there any connection there?

It is possible that the unidentified dance station that was on 87.5, then 94.3 and now 94.1 is one and the same. No connection with Phever.

Advertisement