Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Was also easily picking up DAB from the UK from 4 MUXs - 11A (SDL National), 11D (D1 National), 12A (Lancashire) and 12B (BBC National).

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    Extreme back on fm this evening they were off due to studio upgrades and maintenance
    Extreme is confusing. What is it trying to be?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

is extreme playing music on fm today? have they had any live programming today?
    nothing on the stream anyway but silence.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Driving through Wicklow I picked up 2 unidemtified pirate's : 87.6 FM - there was a female presenter on air at the time and another on 107.6 FM playing a laurel and Hardy comedy clip.
    No RDS

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Infoanon wrote: »
    Driving through Wicklow I picked up 2 unidemtified pirate's : 87.6 FM - there was a female presenter on air at the time and another on 107.6 FM playing a laurel and Hardy comedy clip.
    No RDS

Is the UCB relay on 87.6 near Wicklow Town still on air?

• Advertisement

marno21 wrote: »
    Is the UCB relay on 87.6 near Wicklow Town still on air?
    It could have been UCB - they where doing an explanation behind the music segment that was voiced by a male - the station didn't sound like a pirate in production quality terms

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

No live DJs but there was music. Stream silent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Trampoline1

THERE IS A LOT OF ACTIVITY ON 99.5 FM ITS LIKE MUMBO JUMBO MUSH MASH...……..

Out my way, I can get Christmas FM on 99.4. Not sure where this transmits from, but it is meant for Cavan according to the BAI web site. There is also a Christmas FM relay from Bray on 99.5.

There is a very clear (over modulated ) signal on 99.5 at the moment with no RDS - hopefully this has nothing to do with the transmissions on 87.5 that are now off....

Live programming on The Vault tonight - lots of N O V A favourites being played

• Advertisement

Audio break up on Christmas FM 88.1 Transmissions today - possibly the high winds ?

There is a very clear (over modulated ) signal on 99.5 at the moment with no RDS - hopefully this has nothing to do with the transmissions on 87.5 that are now off....

Live programming on The Vault tonight - lots of N O V A favourites being played
    I was at Liffey Valley earlier and could get Fresh 99 on 99.5FM, although the Christmas FM relays were doing it some damage.

Phever 94.3 sounding great, seem to be on air mornings now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭KildareP

JDxtra wrote: »
    Phever 94.3 sounding great, seem to be on air mornings now too.

They had some dodgy sounding low bitrate music on yesterday evening but other than that have been sounding very good!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

They had live shows all last week. I think they are just finding their feet as they are new to the fm band. Maybe they will do well if they tweek everything and get it right first time round

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

They had live shows all last week. I think they are just finding their feet as they are new to the fm band. Maybe they will do well if they tweek everything and get it right first time round

they were doing upgrades during the week hence the silence.
    they seem to be more or less back to normal now.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

Jayziz christ

• Registered Users Posts: 422 ✭✭Max Power 2010

hibits wrote: »
    We have another Frank Kennedy on our hands here. Come back in 6 months when Extreme has proven itself and then we can discuss.

Absolutely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

hibits wrote: »
    We have another Frank Kennedy on our hands here. Come back in 6 months when Extreme has proven itself and then we can discuss.

Yea or it sounds like that idiot from fresh fm that was on the thread some time ago. God help us another

i thought hot was forced off fm? i'm sure i remember reading someone mentioning that they had been "taken care" of.
    everyone did the smart thing and abandoned it anyway, sort of a pitty in a way as it might have been a success had a certain individual not been involved in it.
    anyway weren't extreme originally going to have a bigger lineup? i seem to remember more names being mentioned before it came on but some didn't come on in the end? presumably all djs are going to be on in time?
    anyway i actually think it's not a bad station tbh, i have generally being enjoying it.

According to recent fb posts some of the jocks include

Joe harte
    Stevie D
    Paul Duffy
    Taylor o Reilly
    Shane D
    Pailo Parker
    Keith Boswell
    Anthony Hill
    Several jocks from now fm and a few older lads from various other pirates over the years!
    Amongst many others the station has a great amount of talent and a good diversity of dance music lets see where it goes
    All the best lads!

• Advertisement

In Bandscan news:

Chill FM remains off air while the mysterious 87.5 dance music station has dissappeared.

All 80s was on air all day on 93.2FM.

Energy AM did not appear today , first time in while that they have missed a Friday.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,270 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

Mod:
    With a turn of the knob and I'm afraid our newest member PnT has taken a permanent forum break; all posts replying to his now deleted posts are removed as well.

Phever, kiss, storm north east, extreme all on today, all automated from what i could hear bar some live programming on extreme this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

In Bandscan news:

Chill FM remains off air while the mysterious 87.5 dance music station has dissappeared.

All 80s was on air all day on 93.2FM.

Energy AM did not appear today , first time in while that they have missed a Friday.

Back on by this afternoon, if not earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Phever, kiss, storm north east, extreme all on today, all automated from what i could hear bar some live programming on extreme this afternoon.

Phever have far fewer live DJs than usual these days it seems

Picked up a station out Enniskerry way playing dance on 87.5.

Others heard today :
    88.8 Easy
    93.2 All 80s
    94.3 Phever
    98.4 The nineties network (live programming at times)
    99.3 Energy (stream ) Modulation reduced so as not to impact Christmas FM on 99.4 & 99.5 I assume
    102.5 Kiss - very good signal
    105.7 The Vault - very good signal I n Dublin South East
    Others :
    99.5 Flash is on but only audible in Dublin SW
    107.1 Extreme - live programming heard at 11am this morning, I think this may be from a low site or more towards the SW as the signal was non existent in eg Rathfarnham and Dublin SE
    105.7 RetroNow - Dublin SW only
    1395 AM Energy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Obviously, Retro FM must not be on today on 92.0 in Dublin.

I'm curious that no station has thought of using 91.6 in Dublin. It used to be a popular frequency. Easy Radio was on there for a while. Phantom, among others, used to be on 91.6 for most of its pirate phase.

I'm curious that no station has thought of using 91.6 in Dublin. It used to be a popular frequency. Easy Radio was on there for a while. Phantom, among others, used to be on 91.6 for most of its pirate phase.
    Good question Declan. Previous occupants of the frequency moved off it. There may be some unknown reason why its not acceptable to use it.

Retro tend to be Sunday only

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

JDxtra wrote: »
    Good question Declan. Previous occupants of the frequency moved off it. There may be some unknown reason why its not acceptable to use it.
    would be something to do with rte you wouldn't get away with high power on a mountain site

Advertisement