Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

paulwilson wrote: »
    would be something to do with rte you wouldn't get away with high power on a mountain site

Yea makes sense with the high power of rté 2fm on 91.3fm

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

paulwilson wrote: »
    would be something to do with rte you wouldn't get away with high power on a mountain site

91.6FM was used by Pirates as far back as the 80s ( Sunshine ) and was used without any issues until recently when it's rumoured that 2fm raised issues.

Potential to attract listeners not interference imo.

88.8/91.0/93.2 are / have been used in Dublin without issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Infoanon wrote: »
    91.6FM was used by Pirates as far back as the 80s ( Sunshine ) and was used without any issues until recently when it's rumoured that 2fm raised issues.

Potential to attract listeners not interference imo.

88.8/91.0/93.2 are / have been used in Dublin without issue.

Not sure about 91.0fm as Hot used this frequency and were forced off eventually. That could have been an issue due to the content as opposed to the frequency choice however.

hibits wrote: »
    Not sure about 91.0fm as Hot used this frequency and were forced off eventually. That could have been an issue due to the content as opposed to the frequency choice however.

Hot had to vacate their site afaik - similar to a number of stations over the last few months

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Fresh 99.5 are off, presumably to allow Christmas FM to operate without issue.

• Advertisement

Chill fm have returned today on 87.6

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

Anybody do a bandscan today? Didn't get to do one myself. Energy AM off all day was all I checked in on. Storm damage perhaps?

Same as Saturday except for :

Welcome return for Chill on 87.6 and Retro on 92fm.

Energy AM and 99.3 relay both off air.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Anyone know where the Christmas FM 99.4 transmitter is coming from? It’s Monaghan/Cavan area, I was getting it in Letterkenny yesterday & Dublin today, It’s very strong, The local station in that area Shannonside/Northern Sound have nothing like signal. Yes Just curious as to what mountain or hill it’s on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Anyone know where the Christmas FM 99.4 transmitter is coming from? It’s Monaghan/Cavan area, I was getting it in Letterkenny yesterday & Dublin today, It’s very strong, The local station in that area Shannonside/Northern Sound have nothing like signal. Yes Just curious as to what mountain or hill it’s on.

It think the guys have Transmitter in both Monaghan and Donegal

• Advertisement

Easy and Phever are currently off air.

Easy have suffered aerial damage during the recent storms in Dublin.

The Vault continues to have live programming in the evening and sound very good.

Energy AM has made a few short appearances in the mornings over the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

The Vault continues to have live programming in the evening and sound very good.

Energy AM has made a few short appearances in the mornings over the last few days.

Miraculously, last night, I was able to pick up the FM pirates again, or, at least, 1025 Kiss came up! I think that was the only one on last night around Ballinteer direction.

The Vault - Same signal pattern as The Beach so I’m guessing it’s the same owners, Blew the car radio out of it around Lepoardstown, Stillorgan area. Didn’t travel well after that.

The Vault - Same signal pattern as The Beach so I’m guessing it’s the same owners, Blew the car radio out of it around Lepoardstown, Stillorgan area. Didn’t travel well after that.

Yes, that sounds like the same people who brought you The Beach! Does anybody know who is behind these operations and what their previous radio-related experience is?

Yes, that sounds like the same people who brought you The Beach! Does anybody know who is behind these operations and what their previous radio-related experience is?

I’m not sure but I preferred The Beach, The Vault had rock stuff you’d hear on Nova when I was listening.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

No sign of Phever on FM today are they also having technical problems?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

I’m not sure but I preferred The Beach, The Vault had rock stuff you’d hear on Nova when I was listening.

If thats the case i guess we can expect more bitching and moaning from brannigan from nova soon!

Sunnyboy11 wrote: »
    No sign of Phever on FM today are they also having technical problems?

A lot of stations have experienced storm damage over the last week so i assume so

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭Rock Solid

It was Alot more than storm damage over the last few days.

Dublin City FM 103.2 on a carrier with no RDS.

• Advertisement

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    If thats the case i guess we can expect more bitching and moaning from brannigan from nova soon!

As it happens, Kevin Brannigan ran a few pirates from the south-east in his day, the same area as The Vault!

JDxtra wrote: »
    Dublin City FM 103.2 on a carrier with no RDS.

Back now. RDS says "Dub City" - has that changed? Looks different. Maybe it was all capitals before.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    It was Alot more than storm damage over the last few days.

Well could you elaborate please or is there a code of silence in place?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

Well could you elaborate please or is there a code of silence in place?
    At least one Dublin pirate had enforcemnet action taken against them.

That accurate information? Who's on so,? Who's off,?

As it happens, Kevin Brannigan ran a few pirates from the south-east in his day, the same area as The Vault!

??? Lost me on that post....explain please

And can somebody tell me who that pirate station was?

Yet he can give out **** about pirates being able to be received in port tunnel today! Hes just a jealous twat. Just because these stations (phever, kiss among the other well run operations) are doing so well and doing a good job with top class imaging and music quality just a fool blood is boiling here tosser!

And can somebody tell me who that pirate station was?

Yeh why all the secrecy?? I havnt heard of any raids or 'action' taken this week and i doubt comreg would be lurking around the mountains in that weather either! So come on spit it out mister vague....

• Advertisement

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    Yet he can give out **** about pirates being able to be received in port tunnel today! Hes just a jealous twat. Just because these stations (phever, kiss among the other well run operations) are doing so well and doing a good job with top class imaging and music quality just a fool blood is boiling here tosser!

Don't agree with you at all. Define doing so well? Doubt they'd be making a ton of cash. Might be loud, might be giving impression that they are up there but seriously...? They use their presence to promote their own nights out. Define well run? Not that well run, off air frequently etc. Phever not on air. They have said nothing...How is KB jealous? He has a license so think the Kiss and Phevers etc of this world be the jealous ones tbh.

Advertisement