Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Audio drop outs on RTE Radio 1 88.5FM since midday ish

Retro 92fm on as usual on a Sunday

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Tuned in to 1395 khz about 1am this morning on a small Tecsun portable and Radio Seabreeze was blasting in on the Wales coast with only a little fading .

Easy Radio now on 91.6 FM

Possibly due to some postings alleging interference to (the very high power transmissions) of RTE Radio 1

• Registered Users Posts: 6,027 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    Easy Radio now on 91.6 FM

Possibly due to some postings alleging interference to (the very high power transmissions) of RTE Radio 1

I noticed that yesterday evening!

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Radio fan 88.1

Loving the Tracks on extreme at the min I think they might have found there feet listening most of the day sounding very well mostly nice 90s dance best of luck to all involved

• Advertisement

Unidentified continuous dance music station has reappeared on 87.5 after a few weeks absence. Poor audio and woeful frequency choice.

This is resulting in considerable interference to Chill on 87.6 ,long established on the frequency.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Antenna

Audio drop outs on RTE Radio 1 88.5FM since midday ish

was also a loss of audio on some classic hits transmitters down the country for some minutes, the same day, before midday of last Sunday (15th) also. But a coincidence I presume. I presume satellite link issue in their case.

Wonder did anyone think, or blame, the R1 dropouts you noticed on 88.5 (in Dublin) were being caused by the close pirate (Easy) 0.3 away (since moved) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭paulwilson

Antenna wrote: »
    was also a loss of audio on some classic hits transmitters down the country for some minutes, the same day, before midday of last Sunday (15th) also. But a coincidence I presume. I presume satellite link issue in their case.

Wonder did anyone think, or blame, the R1 dropouts you noticed on 88.5 (in Dublin) were being caused by the close pirate (Easy) 0.3 away (since moved) ?
    Can confirm easyradio was not responsible for rte drop outs of last week interference being received to rte was localised as person involved in the rumor lives right below out tx site and using an analog radio

Antenna wrote: »

Highly unlikely - the carrier remained on - there where exceptionally high winds in Dublin at the time. The Kippure site has a different source / feed.

The listener to 88.5 would not be aware of any other station.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

Loving the Tracks on extreme at the min I think they might have found there feet listening most of the day sounding very well mostly nice 90s dance best of luck to all involved
    I could not agree more I have been listening since they came on I have had 107.1 turned in since retro now were on. Which I still miss I would like to add.

Extreme were a little all over the shop at first but for the last week or so its seeming to me that dublin has a nice dance station to listen to good news since the last sh1t that has been apart from retronow, trax ect.

Playing 90s dance I have heard a bit of chart but seems to be full dance Schedule now Signal is a bit Week in parts but mostly ok I can feel a lot more to come as I have noticed huge differences in the last weeks keep up the good work extreme. I am definitely enjoying so far 👌

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,031 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

i have been finding extreme a good listen as well.
    retro now is decent enough but i think extreme wins for me now at the moment.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Dublins anorak

i have been finding extreme a good listen as well.
    retro now is decent enough but i think extreme wins for me now at the moment.

Listening all the time on preset 1 for me reminds me of a mix of club 106.4 and pulse 103 we done to all involved very enjoyable so far.

Christmas Eve listening in Dublin :

87.5 Unid
    87.6 Chill FM
    91.6 Easy FM
    98.4 90s Network
    99.3 Energy AM relay
    102.5 Kiss FM
    105.7 The Vault
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Extreme FM

1395 AM Energy AM

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Christmas Eve listening in Dublin :

87.5 Unid
    87.6 Chill FM
    91.6 Easy FM
    98.4 90s Network
    99.3 Energy AM relay
    102.5 Kiss FM
    105.7 The Vault
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Extreme FM

1395 AM Energy AM

No Phever?

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭hibits

No Phever?

Phever is not currently on FM. It has been been off for two weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 fmfan

Im surprised that no one has picked up on the now defunt NowFm is playing a stream for PirateFm Dublin. Is this the start on something new?

fmfan wrote: »
    Im surprised that no one has picked up on the now defunt NowFm is playing a stream for PirateFm Dublin. Is this the start on something new?

yeah picked up on it the other day.
    pirate fm is another online station, it has nothing to do with now fm.
    i am unsure as to why now fm is relaying them, i can only assume that there is an issue at now fm's studio at the moment and they decided just to relay pirate fm, but that is just a guess, nothing on now fm's facebook mentioning any issues.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

yeah picked up on it the other day.
    pirate fm is another online station, it has nothing to do with now fm.
    i am unsure as to why now fm is relaying them, i can only assume that there is an issue at now fm's studio at the moment and they decided just to relay pirate fm, but that is just a guess, nothing on now fm's facebook mentioning any issues.

The two stations are different operations altogether. Now is dead to be brutally honest. They had great potential but due to lack of Management failed miserably unfortunately they had great potential..... A shame really they could have been the next super pirate!

Fmradiofan wrote: »
    The two stations are different operations altogether. Now is dead to be brutally honest. They had great potential but due to lack of Management failed miserably unfortunately they had great potential..... A shame really they could have been the next super pirate!

The age of the Super Pirate is long dead - Now and many others have tried to broadcast alas comreg action be it raids or letters to site owners quickly puts an end irregardless of station management.

I did a list of pirates (double digits) in Dublin mid year - how few have made it to the year end.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

The age of the Super Pirate is long dead - Now and many others have tried to broadcast alas comreg action be it raids or letters to site owners quickly puts an end irregardless of station management.

I did a list of pirates (double digits) in Dublin mid year - how few have made it to the year end.....

In the last 5 years the way younger people listen to radio has changed Spotify, online radio, amazon alexa etc. For a really good station to do well, they need a strong online presence. One thing I have noticed with our pirates in many cases there streams go down and are not consistent. Or they launch apps etc and are not maintained or working properly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,880 ✭✭✭JDxtra

castle2012 wrote: »
    In the last 5 years the way younger people listen to radio has changed Spotify, online radio, amazon alexa etc. For a really good station to do well, they need a strong online presence. One thing I have noticed with our pirates in many cases there streams go down and are not consistent. Or they launch apps etc and are not maintained or working properly.
    Fully agree there, stations trying to gain momentum and who want to be here for the medium/long term need a good online presence. Attention needs to be given to the availability & quality of an online stream.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Fully agree there, stations trying to gain momentum and who want to be here for the medium/long term need a good online presence. Attention needs to be given to the availability & quality of an online stream.

Online presence is important BUT it is all about FM in Dublin, the figures for online listening are woeful with <10 listeners for some stations and one of those is the stream to the TX.

Online presence is important BUT it is all about FM in Dublin, the figures for online listening are woeful with <10 listeners for some stations and one of those is the stream to the TX.

Correct there. Even though concurrent listener numbers can be low, expecially for new stations, I would say the expectation these days is that there is an online stream available. They complement each other.

remember also that the listener figures given on the stats page of a streaming server are just the connections to the stream from the methods used to listen.
    there could be multiple listeners via 1 or more of those connections, for example, a few people listening to the same stream via the same device in a room, but there is no way of actually telling, at least not to my knowledge anyway.

remember also that the listener figures given on the stats page of a streaming server are just the connections to the stream from the methods used to listen.
    there could be multiple listeners via 1 or more of those connections, for example, a few people listening to the same stream via the same device in a room, but there is no way of actually telling, at least not to my knowledge anyway.
    In reality that at best would average out at 2 listeners - the figures are still woeful.

Online presence goes hand in hand with FM or Dab , FM being king.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Sunnyboy11

Have to fully agree with you online is good to have. DAB is also good to have but unfortunately the figures for listenership for online and DAB are horrendous. FM is definitely king for transmissions. It’s many years away for a huge take up for online and DAB unfortunately in Ireland.

In reality that at best would average out at 2 listeners - the figures are still woeful.

only if 2 listener slots are taken up with a single individual listening to each slot. if 2 slots are taken up and 5 people are listening to 1, say they are in a small business, and a single individual is listening to the other, then that is 6 people technically, however the server's stats page wil only show 2, because that is all it can show, as it can only work on the basis of connections to the stream.
    Online presence goes hand in hand with FM or Dab , FM being king.

agreed, hence i didn't respond to that aspect.

only if 2 listener slots are taken up with a single individual listening to each slot. if 2 slots are taken up and 5 people are listening to 1, say they are in a small business, and a single individual is listening to the other, then that is 6 people technically, however the server's stats page wil only show 2, because that is all it can show, as it can only work on the basis of connections to the stream.

agreed, hence i didn't respond to that aspect.
    I get the point - in your example the average is 3. The figures are miniscule and financially not viable

I get the point - in your example the average is 3. The figures are miniscule and financially not viable

realistically the only way a station can get true numbers is by doing their own research.
    financial viability of internet radio is a whole different ball game and probably for another thread, very little of it actually makes money.

• Advertisement

Tribute FM now on 88.1 in Dublin.

Advertisement