Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

99.4 is mainly for all of Meath, very eastern Cavan, the bottom 2/3 of Louth and South Monaghan, specifically around Carrickmacross, It would be very weak even just north Castleblayney and from experience 101.6 would probably be better around Cavan town. This is due to topography of the Coraweelis site location.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Xmas now on air with tests from Knockmoyle near Tralee on 105.0 and in Cork on 106.7. Cork site is definitely on low power as it's noisy on the Western Road. Cork RDS also still reads "RIRA".

No sign of the 105.9 Waterford relay on any of their web presences. However, the Clare site which began on air in 2017 was only announced after the initial start of broadcasting.

16 sites for a temp is highly impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Picking up Chill on 87.6 but at times there is a station which is either almost under it on 87.5 or close to itis causing a lot of interference. It is definitely not a harmonic or a leak nor is it a superheterodyne as it's hammering out hard dance as distinct to the more soul and ambience led output of Chill.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,873 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Picking up Chill on 87.6 but at times there is a station which is either almost under it on 87.5 or close to itis causing a lot of interference. It is definitely not a harmonic or a leak nor is it a superheterodyne as it's hammering out hard dance as distinct to the more soul and ambience led output of Chill.

Yes, heard that too last week. It didn't travel well which suggests a low down site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,625 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    Yes, heard that too last week. It didn't travel well which suggests a low down site.

Any chance it's the No.1 relay ?, it's no longer on 105.7 and the location where I picked up 87.5 is where no. 1 would have been available in the past.

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    Any chance it's the No.1 relay ?, it's no longer on 105.7 and the location where I picked up 87.5 is where no. 1 would have been available in the past.
    It was high BPM hard house/trance and no RDS came up, so I'd say it was not the No. 1 relay.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

It was high BPM hard house/trance and no RDS came up, so I'd say it was not the No. 1 relay.
    Mad guess and probably a long shot, but any chance it's Flirt FM from Laois? They've used frequencies aruond that areabefore and cover serious ground.

Mad guess and probably a long shot, but any chance it's Flirt FM from Laois? They've used frequencies aruond that areabefore and cover serious ground.
    It seemed local, I picked it up in Clondalkin and it disappeared as I left area.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

It seemed local, I picked it up in Clondalkin and it disappeared as I left area.

Ah OK
    Hope they find a new freq or something, Chill is a good station and covers a small area as it is without being interfered with

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭One More Toy

Ah OK
    Hope they find a new freq or something, Chill is a good station and covers a small area as it is without being interfered with

What freq is chill on?

• Advertisement

What freq is chill on?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Dipole Keith

Please see list above for Christmas FM frequencies around the country. I added the bit in bold and italics for Monaghan, as there has already been a blank carrier there.

This must be the largest geographical spread to date that Christmas FM has had on FM radio. What areas of the country can Christmas FM still not be picked up on FM radio, bearing in mind that some adjacent areas can pick it up?

We’ll driving around I noticed the transmitters for Christmas FM out of sync, the car radio kept flicking from 88.1 to 105.2 & back again, it just sounds like the records skipping which is annoying every few seconds

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Please see list above for Christmas FM frequencies around the country. I added the bit in bold and italics for Monaghan, as there has already been a blank carrier there.

This must be the largest geographical spread to date that Christmas FM has had on FM radio. What areas of the country can Christmas FM still not be picked up on FM radio, bearing in mind that some adjacent areas can pick it up?

Biggest markets (apart from Waterford which seems to be covered this year) would be Mayo, South Tipperary, North/West Cork, West Waterford, other parts of Donegal/Galway/Kerry, parts of the North East and border areas

We’ll driving around I noticed the transmitters for Christmas FM out of sync, the car radio kept flicking from 88.1 to 105.2 & back again, it just sounds like the records skipping which is annoying every few seconds
    Just to add the 88.1 is particularly strong this year on the south side of the city when I have tuned it in - the audio being out of sync is very annoying alas East Coast is still out of sync for many years at this stage.

Flash 99.5 is being wiped to mush by the 99.4 TX

Just to add the 88.1 is particularly strong this year on the south side of the city when I have tuned it in - the audio being out of sync is very annoying alas East Coast is still out of sync for many years at this stage.

If you head out of Dublin (Kildare/Meath) you can receive four Christmas fm transmitters all out of sync (88.1, 99.4, 101.6 & 105.2), Very hard to listen to

Same here, "Fresh 99" on 99.5 is not audible due to Xmas on 99.4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Trampoline1

Any truth that Retro 92fm has closed down? Their online radio service is also gone. If it’s true it’s a pity because they played so brilliant oldies.

Any truth that Retro 92fm has closed down? Their online radio service is also gone. If it’s true it’s a pity because they played so brilliant oldies.

They where on Air on Monday 25th November

• Registered Users Posts: 28,997 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

they have changed their stream to a different streaming server.
    http://87.98.219.178:8104/listen.pls

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

First of all welcome to boards.ie
    Are they the same owners as Easy radio?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

First of all welcome to boards.ie
    Are they the same owners as Easy radio?

No, Retro Radio is the brainchild of Derek Jones. He is a veteran and pioneer of pirate radio going back to the early 1970s. He is one of the main presenters on the station. Other presenters include another veteran Mike Doyle and Mr. Easy Radio himself Paul Wilson! That's the connection!

No, Retro Radio is the brainchild of Derek Jones. He is a veteran and pioneer of pirate radio going back to the early 1970s. He is one of the main presenters on the station. Other presenters include another veteran Mike Doyle and Mr. Easy Radio himself Paul Wilson! That's the connection!

One correction. I have it in on very good authority that Mike Doyle is in fact behind Retro Radio, and not Derek Jones as I said in my previous post. Both of these guys were presenters on Premier FM, another oldies station, during its temporary licence runs in the '00s.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭hawthorne

1494 Khz- music station. Male announcer, presenting a mix of Rock. Medium strength signal in West Roscommon. Sometimes deep and long fading. Started to come up around 0830z and got stronger all the time since. Used the interval signal of TWR at 0900z.
    Anyone hears it or knows something?
    It is not the usual station from Sligo.

The non stop dance music on 87.5 FM has continued 24/7 for the last few days in Dublin.

The mono , slightly over modulated, unidemtified station is strongest on the southside.

Unfortunately the choice of frequency is bad and completely disrespectfull to Chill who have been on 87.6 for a considerable period of time.

There are other frequencies available.

Retro 92fm have been on air this Sunday as usual

• Registered Users Posts: 13,024 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

The non stop dance music on 87.5 FM has continued 24/7 for the last few days in Dublin.

The mono , slightly over modulated, unidemtified station is strongest on the southside.

Unfortunately the choice of frequency is bad and completely disrespectfull to Chill who have been on 87.6 for a considerable period of time.

There are other frequencies available.

Retro 92fm have been on air this Sunday as usual

I had it on for a few minutes this evening and it was fairly loud at times. I'll that a spin up the hills tomorrow morning to see if I can pin it down to any specific area of the city.

Last night, The Vault was being relayed on 1395 kh Medium Wave, home of Energy Power AM. It could be picked up where I was driving between Leopardstown and Ballinteer.

For about a month, my car radio has not been picking up any of the FM pirates. I'm not kidding! I have no problem picking all the licensed stations around, including Christmas FM. Just to be clear, before his happened, I was able to pick up the majority of pirates around my area. Any ideas?

Last night, The Vault was being relayed on 1395 kh Medium Wave, home of Energy Power AM. It could be picked up where I was driving between Leopardstown and Ballinteer.

For about a month, my car radio has not been picking up any of the FM pirates. I'm not kidding! I have no problem picking all the licensed stations around, including Christmas FM. Just to be clear, before his happened, I was able to pick up the majority of pirates around my area. Any ideas?

Damaged antenna or loose cable from antenna to tuner. You're likely only picking up stations that are strong enough to not need the antenna.

Damaged antenna or loose cable from antenna to tuner. You're likely only picking up stations that are strong enough to not need the antenna.

Basically as JD has stated- Declan you are picking up everything from 3 Rock as it's line of sight and high power -

Tropo conditions today. Extreme is off, so listening to Nation Radio from Pembrokeshire, Wales on 107.1 in Co. Kildare.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Tropo conditions today. Extreme is off, so listening to Nation Radio from Pembrokeshire, Wales on 107.1 in Co. Kildare.

Extreme back on fm this evening they were off due to studio upgrades and maintenance

Advertisement