Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭radioguru02

Any free frequencies in the West Waterford area? Can't think of any that won't get interference from Cork somewhere or other.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭Mr. MooYagi

What's the story with Phever on 94.3? On or off this evening,? Cant check where I am. Out and about today and got that BlackRock school temp station. Dublin bandscan anyone? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

For a while on Friday evening I heard a station on 107.8 playing pop/dance music that was getting wiped out under a lot of other stations. No word of it by the end of the weekend, possibly a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

For a while on Friday evening I heard a station on 107.8 playing pop/dance music that was getting wiped out under a lot of other stations. No word of it by the end of the weekend, possibly a good thing.

107.8 (& 107.3) have both been licenced for use in Dublin - a number of college temps have used 107.8

• Registered Users Posts: 13,025 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Infoanon wrote: »
    107.8 (& 107.3) have both been licenced for use in Dublin - a number of college temps have used 107.8

Nothing noted on the BAI website for this end of the band. It's hardly a late addition?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

JDxtra wrote: »
    TuneIn have been battling against the record labels for a while now. Recently the courts in the UK ruled they broke copyright infringement by allowing listeners in the UK access to non-UK stations.

Great platform, but its going to get its hands tied.

I'm an occasional snooper on this page and this ^ is something that caught my eye and maybe you'd be able to help or explain.

I'm a big fan of Planet Rock. They are on DAB in the UK and also online. I can add their station on TuneIn but it won't play. Can't install their app on my phone either - "not available in your location".

But.....and this is a big but. How the hell can I go to channel 0110 on my Sky box and listen to them? Plus, if I go to their website and register with a NI postcode, it works?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I see XMAS fm have a black carrier on 99.4 from Monaghan, strong enough on the outskirts of Dublin so this will limit Fresh 99 on 99.5’s coverage for the month

Also the usual Bray relay on 99.5. Ful list...

Dublin City and County - 105.2MHz
    Cork City, part County - 106.7MHz
    Limerick City - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    Wex, W'ford, KK, Tipp - 103.8MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Part Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray area - 99.5MHz
    Longford - 101.6MHz
    Cavan - 99.4MHz
    Kerry - 105MHz
    Clare - 105.2MHz
    Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95MHz
    Waterford - 105.9MHz

FanadMan wrote: »
    I'm an occasional snooper on this page and this ^ is something that caught my eye and maybe you'd be able to help or explain.

I'm a big fan of Planet Rock. They are on DAB in the UK and also online. I can add their station on TuneIn but it won't play. Can't install their app on my phone either - "not available in your location".

But.....and this is a big but. How the hell can I go to channel 0110 on my Sky box and listen to them? Plus, if I go to their website and register with a NI postcode, it works?

Satellite signals can't be blocked, and radio stations are not usually encrypted - so you can listen to it no problem via satellite. Not sure if it's restricted on TuneIn or actually removed. You can listen directly to their stream on a computer or mobile, it's in AAC format so you'll need the right player (like VLC media player). The link for Planet Rock is https://stream-mz.planetradio.co.uk/planetrock.aac.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Limerick City - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Part Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray area - 99.5MHz
    Longford - 101.6MHz
    Cavan - 99.4MHz
    Kerry - 105MHz
    Clare - 105.2MHz
    Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95MHz
    Waterford - 105.9MHz

It's practically nationwide. Is this the most locations that Christmas FM have had to date? Where in Ireland would it still be difficult to pick up, after allowing for spillover from neighbouring areas?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Limerick City - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Part Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray area - 99.5MHz
    Longford - 101.6MHz
    Cavan - 99.4MHz
    Kerry - 105MHz
    Clare - 105.2MHz
    Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95MHz
    Waterford - 105.9MHz

Waterford a new addition for 2019. Up to 16 relays now - it’s very impressive.

• Advertisement

FanadMan wrote: »

It's not geo blocked on Sky and even if it was you could tune via other channels similar to eg BBC6. The Sky signal on spot beams is receivable only it the UK and Ireland.

As an aside a 3rd new service has been added to the Sky EPG radio section this year - Hearts 90 (Scala and Virgin were added earlier in the year )

Is Flirt’s carrier still on air? Picked it up a few weeks ago in Kildare

Is Flirt’s carrier still on air? Picked it up a few weeks ago in Kildare

Haven't heard Flirt (106.6-ish?) in quite some time.

marno21 wrote: »
    Waterford a new addition for 2019. Up to 16 relays now - it’s very impressive.

Marno I reckon you’re the person to ask: what frequencies would you consider to be clear in the Dungarvan/West Waterford areas

Bandscan anyone?

Bandscan anyone?

On FM...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.8 Easy
    99.5 Fresh
    102.5 Kiss
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Extreme

On DAB...

Atlantis
    Coast FM Tenerife
    Coast 2 Coast
    Hit Music Radio
    Nineties / Nineties +
    NRG FM Cork
    Smash Radio
    Soul City
    Sovereign Gold
    Spektrum Radio
    Storm North East
    Trance Pulse
    Trax
    Wild Country
    Zenith Rock

105.7 The Vault covering Dublin South in particular, RetroNow is citywest / Lucan

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

On FM...

87.6 Chill FM
    88.8 Easy
    99.5 Fresh
    102.5 Kiss
    105.7 RetroNow
    107.1 Extreme

On DAB...

Atlantis
    Coast FM Tenerife
    Coast 2 Coast
    Hit Music Radio
    Nineties / Nineties +
    NRG FM Cork
    Smash Radio
    Soul City
    Sovereign Gold
    Spektrum Radio
    Storm North East
    Trance Pulse
    Trax
    Wild Country
    Zenith Rock

presumably 90s/90s + is nonstop 90s?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

presumably 90s/90s + is nonstop 90s?

Correct. Two different DAB broadcast formats, likely testing both to see which suits them best.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭ITV2

Correct. Two different DAB broadcast formats, likely testing both to see which suits them best.

Funny enough my Pure radio wont play NINETIES, but will play NINETIES+, odd?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭kazoo106

Possibly because DAB+ will deal with a weak signal slightly better

Freedab signal not strong in most of dublin when I be in my car. No signal today in Howrh and on some of town. Is it still on,?

Heard some DJs testing live today on Extreme FM in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Heard some DJs testing live today on Extreme FM in Dublin.

there was a dj testing last night as well, station launch is tomorrow at either 9 or 10 am.

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 69 ✭✭Fmradiofan

Live shows all day today on extreme 107.1 sounds great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Oscarziggy

Very strong signal with test tone on 6210 khz

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

In Drogheda extreme 107.1 not coming in which is strange as 107.1 has always been clear from Dublin. Retro sounded good and Tonik radio back in the day. They must not have a great site.
    105.2kiss coming in perfectly up here

The 90s network is on air today, in the past transmissions were only Friday to Sunday

Now getting Xmas on 88.1, 99.4 and 105.2 in my area. Presume the others are on air now or coming soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Limerick City - 105.5MHz
    Kilkenny City - 104.3MHz
    Wicklow Town - 106.6MHz
    Galway City - 87.7MHz
    Part Kildare - 88.1MHz
    Bray area - 99.5MHz
    Longford - 101.6MHz
    Cavan (this covers Monaghan as well) - 99.4MHz
    Kerry - 105MHz
    Clare - 105.2MHz
    Donegal - 105.7MHz
    Sligo - 95MHz
    Waterford - 105.9MHz

Please see list above for Christmas FM frequencies around the country. I added the bit in bold and italics for Monaghan, as there has already been a blank carrier there.

This must be the largest geographical spread to date that Christmas FM has had on FM radio. What areas of the country can Christmas FM still not be picked up on FM radio, bearing in mind that some adjacent areas can pick it up?

Advertisement