Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,626 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Rock Solid wrote: »
    99.2 ? NRG FM

Picking up a weak signal on 99.2 for NRG - an unofficial relay ?

Tonik and Galaxy still having RDS issues - no offence to Tonik but giving that they displayed 'Radio ID' for circa 2 years, I think Galaxy will to change their PI Code !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

I did a few scans this evening whilst driving in the Goatstown/Dundrum area of Dublin and this is what I got.

88.1 - NRG - very strong signal

91.6 - Easy Radio (R.D.S of Easy) - varied from low-power to quite a good signal

93.2 - Phever - No R.D.S. - picked it up very briefly - very weak signal - other stations coming in on it.

94.3 - Galaxy: varied from low-power to medium-power: all the way from Kildare - whereabouts?

99.5 - Base FM - very strong signal

107.1 - Tonik - very strong signal

107.8 - Unidentified - When I first heard it , it was playing The Cardigans (indie pop). After that - sort of R&B/Dance music. Low-power signal which can be heard reasonably well when volume is put up a lot.

Any ideas about who is broadcasting on 107.8 and from where?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭zg3409

Any ideas about who is broadcasting on 107.8 and from where?

Ballyfermot College of Further Education 28th April to the 2nd May 2014

http://www.bai.ie/?page_id=2326

It also seems the drive in/underground Cinema was/is licenced.

87.6 now displaying RDS "NLR"

• Registered Users Posts: 28,998 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Infoanon wrote: »
    87.6 now displaying RDS "NLR"

here they are, reggae and dub is the music policy, good luck to them, something different for dublin
    facebook. https://www.facebook.com/pages/NLR-Dublin/798202026874399
    stream. http://Www.myradiostream.com/876

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,962 ✭✭✭Greenman

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Energy Power 1386 AM back for the first time this year I think.

Good to hear someone listening on the AM.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭JDxtra

"Dance 91" has appeared on 91.6 playing commercial dance and pop. Audio and signal pretty good.

JDxtra wrote: »
    "Dance 91" has appeared on 91.6 playing commercial dance and pop. Audio and signal pretty good.

Doubt if Easy will be too happy - they have been on 91.6 for a while now

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

Music on 101.4 Tallaght area.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

i see on the galaxy Facebook page they are now only doing weekend live shows,during the week relaying classix.ie
    tuned in there this morning great to hear all them classix on the radio but you will only pick up galaxy in the kildare area they broadcast on 94.3

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Infoanon wrote: »
    Doubt if Easy will be too happy - they have been on 91.6 for a while now
    we have sold lock stock and barel to the people behind dance 91.6 easyradio only on line now

• Registered Users Posts: 35 john 1000

i see on the galaxy Facebook page they are now only doing weekend live shows,during the week relaying classix.ie
    tuned in there this morning great to hear all them classix on the radio but you will only pick up galaxy in the kildare area they broadcast on 94.3
    I drive from portlaoise to dublin every morning can pic them up in portlaoise and to the M50 they are puching out some power

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

wow that is some distance for a pirate station must be over 50 miles
    of coverage

Has been a blank carrier last day or two though. What is the Galaxy Facebook page address?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,310 ✭✭✭Antenna

Dublin online station 8radio due to return on FM NEXT weekend with a temporary licence on a tri-city (Dublin Cork Limerick) basis:

"8Radio.com will broadcast on FM in Dublin, Limerick and Cork for 7 weekends (Saturdays and Sundays) from May 24th to July 6th and again for 8 weekends from September 6th to October 27th 2014."

Dublin 94.3FM
    Cork 106.7FM
    Limerick 105.5FM

And other temporary stations outside Dublin:
    Limerick City Community Radio Limited Limerick City 99.9MHz Saturday and Sundays from the 1st March to the 8th June 2014 - this one is time-sharing the existing Limerick college station (Wired FM) frequency 99.9 - Wired are on air weekdays whilst the temporary station is weekends

and this drive-in movies near Drogheda: (anyone know what frequency will be which was 'TBA' ?)
    Battle of the Boyne Site in Co. Louth, Frequency TBA, 30th May to 2nd June 2014

NRG FM to start breakfast funky show with hot jocks to rival 98FM !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

NRG FM to start breakfast funky show with hot jocks to rival 98FM !

Why 98?!

galaxy kildare its on dare Facebook page they will be moving back for a few weeks to 92.2fm
    on wed 21st of may
    to make way for a temporary licence station on 94.3

• Registered Users Posts: 6,009 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

In the interests of research, I did a bandscan for pirates around teatime driving on Taylor's Lane and Grange Road, Rathfarnham, in the direction of Ballinteer.

This is what I got:
    FM:
    87.6 - Barely audible low-power station playing reggae - NLR I presume, from West Dublin
    88.1 - NRG FM - very good reception - high-powered
    91.6 - Dance 91 - medium to good power (if my memory has not failed me)
    94.3 - Galaxy - between low and medium power ( if that makes sense!)
    99.5 - Base FM - very good reception - high-powered
    107.1 - Tonik FM - Silent - Seemed to be a good signal, but I can't be sure as it was already preset ... so not a proper scan.

And last but not least - AM:
    1386kh - Energy - oldies. The reception was very good. When I got home, I tuned in my kitchen radio to Energy and I was even more impressed - very good reception with no interference, noise, etc.

In the interests of research, I did a bandscan for pirates around teatime driving on Taylor's Lane and Grange Road, Rathfarnham, in the direction of Ballinteer.

This is what I got:
    FM:
    87.6 - Barely audible low-power station playing reggae - NLR I presume, from West Dublin
    1386kh - Energy - oldies. The reception was very good. When I got home, I tuned in my kitchen radio to Energy and I was even more impressed - very good reception with no interference, noise, etc.

Taylors lane etc is a bit of a blackspot for 91.6, Galaxy signal from Kildare varies but in general gets a good signsl into Dublin, NLR signal is stronger saggart side.

Energy sounding good in 1386,
    Phever also on 93.2 but signal would not be so strong in Rathfarnham in my experience.

• Advertisement

This is what I got:
    FM:

Taylors lane etc is a bit of a blackspot for 91.6, Galaxy signal from Kildare varies but in general gets a good signsl into Dublin, NLR signal is stronger saggart side.

Energy sounding good in 1386,
    Phever also on 93.2 but signal would not be so strong in Rathfarnham in my experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭hustlergraham

john 1000 wrote: »
    I drive from portlaoise to dublin every morning can pic them up in portlaoise and to the M50 they are puching out some power

600 watts as far as I know!

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭0rt

Anyone know what county Galaxy 94.3 Transmit from or what they push? apparently they were heard in carlow recently

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

0rt wrote: »
    Anyone know what county Galaxy 94.3 Transmit from or what they push? apparently they were heard in carlow recently

They say they are kildares dance station so I assume it's there.

Anybody getting dance music on 101.4 Dublin 24 area ?

some one told me who know,s the owner there pushing close enough to the 600w,site meant to be very high on a 60ft mast with 4 yagi,s,tuned in there this morning there on 92.2 now due to 8radio coming on air this week

Anybody getting dance music on 101.4 Dublin 24 area ?
    Tuned in this morning, heard Alison Limerick "Where Love Lives" playing. Sounded pretty good. Then I realised it was Today FM and Ray was playing it!

i see galaxy fm kildare is up for sale
    a list of what they have up for sale on dare Facebook page

1x500 tugicom amp
    1x 15 watt exciter
    4x aky 3 yagis
    2x label high power akg,s
    cable power divider
    2xcdj-2000 nexus
    mixer yamaha 166cx
    studio mic rode nt1
    2x pc with full bbp processor software and airomate full versions
    no price just num 0858634545

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,356 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

If I'm reading the above correctly and they're firing 500w into 4 yagis it's no wonder their coverage is so good, surely some amount of directionality using yagis tho?

• Advertisement

yes say 7kw to 8kw of ERP
    i called the num and they are looking 2k for the 500watt amp
    and 500 for the 15 exciter to drive the amp all gear is only
    few months old he not give any more prices over the phone
    if i was really interested he side to meet up love to buy it
    all but not have the cash at the mo..

Advertisement