Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,867 ✭✭✭JDxtra

barryc2010 wrote: »
    http://www.liveonlineradio.net/ireland/galaxy-fm-kildare.htm

try that not sure if its sill on or not
    i think they yous it for only there link not 100%
    That just links to Galaxie FM France.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

• Registered Users Posts: 28,986 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

I see the guys at basefm were told to take their aerials down from there site by comreg.
    I just don't believe that they don't do things like that.
    They just go and raid the site they don't tell you to take aerials down.
    Anyone know who is behind the 93.2 dance station.
    Noticed there last week, when I was out doing a bit of a ban scan.
    Good and strong around the clondalkin the area.
    Wouldn't think it was coming from a site though,
    Noticed new dance station a few days ago appeared on 92.1 not a bad signal audio a bit low, wouldn't be great quality.
    Noticed that dance station in the ballyfermot area.
    Got stronger as you went near the city centre but was getting a lot of bleed over from the kildare dance station on 92.2 they must be running big power or a very good set up very strong signal from them .
    NRG have never came back with a very strong signal since the last site they were on. There sound quality was really good at that time too.
    And got a nice jingle package too.
    Aswell as the dance station in Kildare.
    Called galaxy 92.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭Infoanon

I see the guys at basefm were told to take their aerials down from there site by comreg.
    I just don't believe that they don't do things like that.
    They just go and raid the site they don't tell you to take aerials down.

Comreg have in the past dropped in 'for a chat' and not seized any equipment.
    More likely in the situation above they spoke to the site owner, pointed out the potential fines and the site owner then instructed Base to remove the aerials.

• Advertisement

it appears to be a pirate free band at the moment.
    See who returns first.

EASY, Power92,Phever, No.1, and All80s all on air tonight

Around Dublin 16 tonight, 92.1 displayed an RDS of Power 92 with a very good reception. Up until that station appeared recently, it was possible to hear Kildare's Galaxy 922 (RDS display) on 92.2 around the Dundrum area - what kind of power did they have??

Picked them up tonight, signal fades very quickly as you head towards Rathfarnhem - possibly the station that was on over Christmas on 101.5??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭Declan A Walsh

Infoanon wrote: »
    EASY, Power92,Phever, No.1, and All80s all on air tonight

Is No. 1 still on 105.7 - is that from the west of the city? I cannot pick any of the stations out that side on the south side? And what frequency is All80s on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Is No. 1 still on 105.7 - is that from the west of the city? I cannot pick any of the stations out that side on the south side? And what frequency is All80s on?

Seems to be from around Liffey Valley area.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭MelbourneDub

So did any of the guys loose equipment then?

It's pretty frustrating not having any 'clutter-free' house music to listen too in the car. I specifically miss the tripple dee radio show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

Just a suggestion it works well for me, I have a radio aux point in the car , i just plug in my phone and turn on tune in app on my phone , happy days plus NRG is still on line.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

I've total respect to pirates and small broadcasters (I have been there), but I really think that those broadcasting online can up their game more than free solutions like Listen2MyRadio.

It isn't too expensive to get a domain and a fairly decent streaming host. It just looks unprofessional and unreliable.

Sure, I know that they are probably putting their passion into the music, rather than the 'look', but quality stands out.

I've total respect to pirates and small broadcasters (I have been there), but I really think that those broadcasting online can up their game more than free solutions like Listen2MyRadio.

It isn't too expensive to get a domain and a fairly decent streaming host. It just looks unprofessional and unreliable.

Sure, I know that they are probably putting their passion into the music, rather than the 'look', but quality stands out.

Agree. In comparison, check out this one - www.classix.ie

i agree, in fairness though listen2myradio is fine for just short broadcasts (for example if you have djs on your station that have to link from their home) . for full 24 hour broadcasting though you need a good stream host.
    i agree with you but i'd say galaxy are putting their efforts and money on the fm side of things and the stream is just an added extra, they had a website but it seems to be gone now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,405 ✭✭✭StaticNoise

Exactly. I agree that for the casual use, it is more than fine.

Any group who make the effort to produce radio is good in my books anyway. :)

i think galaxy kildare just use there stream for there link so properly have no interest in people listening on line,yes i saw there web site going back a few weeks ago but can't seem to find it now,once you went onto there web site there audio feed came on straight away,not to sure if i am right or wrong on this came across a very strong signal today in the kildare area on 94.3 it had much the same signal as the galaxy tx maybe even a bit stronger,got the signal from carlow right into kilcock i was heading for dunshaughlin and still was fairly strong there but defo weaker at the stage rds red test club fm strolling ture signal seem,s to be gone the last hour in dunshaughlin and a very nice liner saying test club fm 94 i wonder who this is,only other pirates i picked up to day on the mover where 93.2 phfever that was near the lucan area but signal was quite weak no sign of nrg 88.1 coming back they may need to find a new frequency as spirit will be coming soon to 881 for north kildare area no base or tonic back yet either

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

yes got that today also in ratcool it went off air at 630 or so

NRG back on 88.1 tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭zg3409

Antenna wrote: »
    Anyone know the frequency of this in Dun Laoghaire and how far from the grounds would it be receiveable? :

http://www.underground-cinema.com/drive-in-movies

107.8 Stereo with no RDS. Very weak signal. I would expect on a decent digital car radio Dun Laoghaire and possibly along the east coast northwards to Howth. Probably not receiveable in west Dublin as it's at sea level with mountains to the west.

There is another film on tonight so I would expect audio until 10:30pm tonight, more tomorrow night, 8:15pm and 10:15pm etc.

Galaxy 92 back on also. Was a carrier with RDS earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭Rock Solid

101.5 on now radioactive.ie and relaying Horizon Fm Tenerife now.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    101.5 on relaying Horizon Fm Tenerife now.
    good choice

CLUB FM now on 92.3 in West Dublin.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    CLUB FM now on 92.3 in West Dublin.

Thats not clever frequency. ..

Infoanon wrote: »
    Thats not clever frequency. ..

Indeed, like the music selection though.

the 92.3 is galaxy kildare rebrand
    as club fm kildare some nice liners on it to
    but there link is on & off they say launching soon
    the sound quality was vey good on friday but not
    so good at this time the tx is not coming from dublin
    but can be got is parts of dublin 105.2 phantom is all gone.
    said to see them gone they ware much better in the 90s

Are you sure? I'm picking up Club on 92.3 and what I assume is Galaxy on 92.1.

Base are also claiming to be back on 99.5 but I can't pick it up. I wonder if they lost their site and our gear.

yes its now club fm now as galaxy 92fm from co kildare
    i think you're getting power 92 on 92.1 from dublin
    the 92.3 is the tx from kildare

i am 99% sure
    they have a good site & mast & good power
    so i have been told thats why its getting to to parts of dublin

• Advertisement

JDxtra wrote: »
    Base are also claiming to be back on 99.5 but I can't pick it up. I wonder if they lost their site and our gear.

Carrier on 99.5 - strong signal - hum at the moment,

Advertisement