Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,644 ✭✭✭Infoanon

Club are to the west of the city so the chances of interference with YAG are reaonable enough, especially if Club don't take care of their TX and audio.

YAG are looking to contact Club ahead of their going on air. I suspect they may well want to be sure that there are no issues; with a bit of luck this can be sorted out the easy way instead of the hard way :)

Club is a pirate so can be closed at anytime,complaints about them using 102.5 have possibly already been made by others.
    As for YAG - the chances of Club causing them interferance (outside of YAGs broadcast area) I would suspect are close to zero.
    Club is on low power(or a bad location) - its audible in the West of Dublin but not far beyond that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,082 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Infoanon wrote: »
    Club is a pirate so can be closed at anytime,complaints about them using 102.5 have possibly already been made by others.
    As for YAG - the chances of Club causing them interferance (outside of YAGs broadcast area) I would suspect are close to zero.
    Club is on low power(or a bad location) - its audible in the West of Dublin but not far beyond that.

Are these the same Club/Galaxy who were reported to have a strong carrier in the Kildare region a few months ago or a completely different outfit? If the former then they are asking for trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,036 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Are these the same Club/Galaxy who were reported to have a strong carrier in the Kildare region a few months ago or a completely different outfit? If the former then they are asking for trouble.

losty i think galaxy kildare have sold up but can't confirm for definite

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

losty i think galaxy kildare have sold up but can't confirm for definite

Galaxy was still on in the car yesterday.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Galaxy was still on in the car yesterday.
    ah right, what frequency? hardly 94.3 seeing as that is used by 8 radio i think?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

ah right, what frequency? hardly 94.3 seeing as that is used by 8 radio i think?

Either 91.6 or 92.2 I think. Think it moved a couple of times.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    oh yes your right, i completely forgot

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

galaxy was sold some time monday so it was off air from 1pm monday
    news has it a old county outfit bought all the gear for €3,500 stl links tx & the 4 yagis mast
    the old guy,s who bought it are a well known 3 pice band in kildare going to use it for oldies and country music so rumor has it,the original galaxy owner in the deal he was meant to be getting it on air for them,setting up everything for them some time this week they are meant to be on air for test,s as yet nothing

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Sporadic E opening at present for anyone interested

Was listening to Spin 102.5 in the kitchen when I heard contentintal music on 102.4 so I checked the car and there's a nice little Moroccan station booming in on 88.8 :)

barryc2010 wrote: »
    galaxy was sold some time monday so it was off air from 1pm monday
    news has it a old county outfit bought all the gear for €3,500 stl links tx & the 4 yagis mast
    the old guy,s who bought it are a well known 3 pice band in kildare going to use it for oldies and country music so rumor has it,the original galaxy owner in the deal he was meant to be getting it on air for them,setting up everything for them some time this week they are meant to be on air for test,s as yet nothing

Testing now on 92.1, RDS reads TEST

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

they might call it K country that be funny for kfm
    well kfm only do country for 2 hours mon to fri
    any one pick it up yat on the radio in kildare

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

Losty, how did you find out about YAGFM? They aren't listed n the BAI website despite knowing that they had received their licence to broadcast in early May (see YAG's website)

More to the point, the BAI website temporary radio page lists the following "Muller Promotions Battle of the Boyne Site in Co. Louth Freq: TBA 30th May to 2nd June 2014" . Did this ever go on air? Did anyone hear it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Galaxy were previously IDing as Country and playing country music, I posted about it at the time.

Losty, how did you find out about YAGFM? They aren't listed n the BAI website despite knowing that they had received their licence to broadcast in early May (see YAG's website)

More to the point, the BAI website temporary radio page lists the following "Muller Promotions Battle of the Boyne Site in Co. Louth Freq: TBA 30th May to 2nd June 2014" . Did this ever go on air? Did anyone hear it?

I got word regards same via Facebook.

The BAI have been sloppy as regards updating their temporary station listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

921 RDS NOW K.I.C FM AND SOME K,I,C FM LINERS
    AUDIO SOUNDS GOOD AND SIGNAL IS GOOD IN KILDARE SOUTH
    IS ALL COUNTRY

• Registered Users Posts: 3 tinax

its about time a full time country station came on the radio
    love this music am in abbeyleix can pick them up at home

kfm won't be happy bunnies if they start taking listeners

they won't but pitty about them, a couple of hours of country isn't good enough for people who like country, same with dance, jazz, so on, if you like pop music though your well catered for, the licenced "country" station for dublin is so far from country now its an irrelevance IMO, best of look to the new station

Neither will Sunshine :pac::rolleyes:

and they are doing some nice old irish kanaley & irish country nice mix
    love it

• Advertisement

Neither will Sunshine :pac::rolleyes:

Its miles away from the 'Country' music that Sunshine play to be honest

ya kick fm are doing the good country

ya kick fm are doing the good country

Is there such a thing as good country? :D

ya i must agree there is a nice mix of country on it,regarding sunshine they are not decanted to country they play more love songs than country,mid west radio a pretty good for the country music as well,none of them do 24/7 country i heard some nice numbers today on kick,like

michael english
    pasty cline
    declan nerney
    derek ryan
    jim devine
    paul kelly
    mick flavin keep it rolling kick fm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,293 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Clam

Several days of Country music with KIC liners and promos for events. Today its changed to a more easy listening format. Sad Cafe, Walker bros, etc.

Fuzzy Clam wrote: »
    Several days of Country music with KIC liners and promos for events. Today its changed to a more easy listening format. Sad Cafe, Walker bros, etc.

Back to Country this evening

Mid afternoon seems to be more of a mix between easy listening and country - very KIC FM Dublin / Treble TR style

Infoanon wrote: »
    Mid afternoon seems to be more of a mix between easy listening and country - very KIC FM Dublin / Treble TR style

Classic disco tunes tonight. Nice audio!

i heard just today from a dj on kfm the management at kfm are not one bit happy with that kick station and have been on to comreg this week about them now thats not nice they think they owen the kildare airwaves so any one now the owners of the new country statio kick 92 let them know asap

yet k fm play very little country, so surely they won't be losing any listeners to the pirate who can provide a good country service on a shoestring?

• Advertisement

you would be surprised doh what a effect a good pirate with a good signal and a good music format with out all that talking every song just back to back country hits and some nice easy listening tracks to its very possible to take listeners from another station what does the same format like there is only 4-5 stations in ireland that do the country stuff so its a good little market to get into and get the listeners,maybe the country show at night time on kfm maybe not so busy anymore people love to tune around on the radio these days a bit of competition is good for the same format there is too many commercial stations and dance stations on the air so why play the same stuff everyone else is you be at a loss to the bigger stations but sure good look to them hope it all works out if it was one of those,s dance stations it be left on the air for months it was like the old kick in dublin they where doing a great job big signal and getting a good name and they where shut down in know time its always the way
    Try using full stops and paragraphs.

Advertisement