Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Kfm have terrible listenership to begin with so it's no surprise they're complaing about people stealing that tiny chunk away.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

no k.i.c fm today its off

• Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Easy back on 91.6 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭Infoanon

JDxtra wrote: »
    Easy back on 91.6 today.

Dance was on earlier this morning - Easy sold stock lock and barrel to Dance - so would be surprised if Easy was back, alas unfortunately no radio nearby

Definitely back, still on air this morning.

With Dance, was the owner maybe just trying something different that didn't work out?

I do like my 90s, but Dance had bottom of the barrel stuff on their playlist. Like the next singles released by one hit wonders - they kind of sound the same, but are just never going to be as popular.

Nice signal and audio though.

• Advertisement

Definitely back, still on air this morning.

With Dance, was the owner maybe just trying something different that didn't work out?

I do like my 90s, but Dance had bottom of the barrel stuff on their playlist. Like the next singles released by one hit wonders - they kind of sound the same, but are just never going to be as popular.

Nice signal and audio though.

Different owner afaik, listening a few minutes ago and the music did sound familiar though !

The Easy format could work but imho a tighter playlist is required.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Tallaght Twin

Although we have been told Dance 91 and Easy were different stations owned by different people, I am beginning to wonder whether they are one and the same outfit.

KIC FM music style all over the place. Either it's a pure Country station or it is not. C'mon operators, make up your mind, are you going to play Country or are you going to ape Dublin's Country Mix, hell you're also using their tag line too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

Although we have been told Dance 91 and Easy were different stations owned by different people, I am beginning to wonder whether they are one and the same outfit.
    to clarify the above we can say for sure that dance 91 had nutting to do with myself I have indeed returned to air with easyradio after speaking to the owners of the dace station that was on 91.6fm letting them no of my choice in returning to air with easyradio

easyradio, could you clarify further please?

On 12-5-14 on these boards you stated that "we have sold lock stock and barel to the people behind dance 91.6 easyradio only on line now"

but then on 16-06-14 you state that you have returned to 91.6, informing the operators of dance 91.6 of your intentions.

Did you sell the operation and then take the freq back anyway?

• Advertisement

Sounds like either the TX equipment & site was rented out (not sold) to Dance 91, or it was Easy Radio all along just trying something different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭easyradio

easyradio, could you clarify further please?

On 12-5-14 on these boards you stated that "we have sold lock stock and barel to the people behind dance 91.6 easyradio only on line now"

but then on 16-06-14 you state that you have returned to 91.6, informing the operators of dance 91.6 of your intentions.

Did you sell the operation and then take the freq back anyway?
    to clarify I had indeed not sold the gear or had any part in dance 91 I had leased all of the tx equiptment and site out to the guys hope this clears up for you guys

Any word on KIC FM ? Off air after 5 days - raided ? relocating ? closure ?

Infoanon wrote: »
    Any word on KIC FM ? Off air after 5 days - raided ? relocating ? closure ?

Think this may answer the question.......

Galaxy FM back on 87.6 today.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

Infoanon wrote: »
    Think this may answer the question.......

Galaxy FM back on 87.6 today.

have you got a link?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

have you got a link?

Listening to it !

Not as strong as it was before from where I am listening at least.

Isn't there a part time reggae station on 87.6?

Not as strong as it was before from where I am listening at least.

Isn't there a part time reggae station on 87.6?
    yes, NLR, weekends only though i think

What are Galaxy up to? Can the operator stop flipping (changing) names and formats and just stick to one?

yes, NLR, weekends only though i think

Friday to Sunday - Galaxyfm footprint in Dublin is similar to NLR so its probable that one station will have to move frequency.

• Advertisement

NLR was on air today on 87.6

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

they ware just testing on 87.6 for a few hours on monday back on 92.2
    with a new tx & site as all the old gear was sold kick fm testing today on 107.9

they ware just testing on 87.6 for a few hours on monday back on 92.2
    with a new tx & site as all the old gear was sold kick fm testing today on 107.9

NLR on 87.6, Galaxy as clear as before on 92.2 but nothing on 107.9 this evening.

Yes, Galaxy seems to be strong again but was a blank carrier last few times I checked.

Phever seemed a bit weaker, but that could be just where I am.

NRG live and consistent as usual, fair play to them.

Phever also changed their RDS to PVR932 today.

Phever also changed their RDS to PVR932 today.

Back to Phever now - modulation high, Galaxy still on a blank carrier, no sign of Easy and yet to hear KIC on 107.9 , there was something on 107.9 earlier today but it was dance music.

Whopper of a signal from Galaxy. I was down way past Tullow, nearly into Wexford, and could pick it up.

Still a blank carrier though.

Whopper of a signal from Galaxy. I was down way past Tullow, nearly into Wexford, and could pick it up.

Back in with audio now

must see if i can pick it up, used to get galaxy 104.8/freedom/pulse (all kildare outfits) down here in wexford, would be a good reason to turn on a radio again, well an fm radio

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Antenna

Good to hear 8-Radio is back on in Ork (106.7) and Limerick (105.5) this evening, they also had 'blank carrier' outages in those places this weekend.
    Next weekend (Saturday, Sunday) is their final weekend on FM for this temp station before a summer break and returning on weekends in September

Advertisement