Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BANDSCAN THREAD

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

its the tugicom amp600watt in a dce case
    i saw a picture of it going back a month or 2 on there
    Facebook page,picture of the unit outside and a picture of
    the unit inside tugicom make good stuff and looks like it
    was put together by tugicom well put together.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,027 ✭✭✭✭end of the road

tonik are off the past couple of days? well at least the online is down, hope everything is okay and they will return, any update on phever 93.2?

ticking a box on a form does not make you of a religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 barryc2010

yes notice tonik was down to but 107.1 sill on
    i got a sneaky feeling comreg is on the way to do a few raids soon
    maybe thats way galaxy is going off air.
    as we all side before days of full time pirate
    stations are well gone most of them any
    way are not any good since the late 90s in to 2000 or so

mix 106
    hot 107
    kiss fm 105.7
    club 106.4
    vibe 107.1
    esg 94
    pluse 103fm
    energy 94
    strom 106 belfast
    energy 106.6 belfast
    freedom 92fm & so on

i'd add nova dance, ministry fm, digital fm (brilliant stations much missed IMO) and thestormdublin which was the soundtrack to a couple of my college years, nrg does a good job with the music policy which isn't to my taste personally but i can't fault them, i just wish the others wouldn't have house as their main music policy though, no need for a few stations playing mostly the same music

• Registered Users Posts: 4,638 ✭✭✭Infoanon

tonik are off the past couple of days? well at least the online is down, hope everything is okay and they will return, any update on phever 93.2?

Phever are still on but very weak signal - Dance91 sounding good on 91.6.
    No Energy this weekend.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,878 ✭✭✭JDxtra

Phever and NRG were online and sound normal enough to me the last few days.

JDxtra wrote: »
    Phever and NRG were online and sound normal enough to me the last few days.

has phever finally began streaming online?

Sorry, when I said online I just meant broadcasting on FM. I haven't heard Phever streaming yet.

Sorry, when I said online I just meant broadcasting on FM. I haven't heard Phever streaming yet.

ah okay

has dance 91.6 got a facebook or anything?

• Advertisement

Dance 91 off air this morning. NRG, Galaxy, Base, Phever all on. Base had no RDS and did not lock automatically when tuning.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭castle2012

For some reason base and tonic never lock , Manual tune required each time , would anyone know why this is ?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

castle2012 wrote: »
    For some reason base and tonic never lock , Manual tune required each time , would anyone know why this is ?
    Have you got TA turned on on your radio and they are missing the traffic flag by any chance?

(Someone else will be able to confirm if they have the TP flag on or not)

Same for me Tonik and Base never lock on a scan. I have TA turned off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

Club fm on 102.5 in Dublin now. Not sure whether this is a recent development or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,311 ✭✭✭Antenna

Same for me Tonik and Base never lock on a scan. I have TA turned off.

Do they have RDS ?
    some car radios - such as in Toyotas, will skip non-RDS signals on scan tuning unless you disable 'AF'

AF= automatic retuning for RDS stations with more than one frequency, - though you may not expect that having AF on will cause the radio to skip non-RDS station on scan tuning.

Fresh Pots wrote: »
    Club fm on 102.5 in Dublin now. Not sure whether this is a recent development or not.

recent development i'd say, not sure if its a good choice of frequency though? have they advertized any website or facebook/twitter i wonder?

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

104.1 in Dublin seems clear, be a great frequency as Spin and FM104 are either side and theres .3 of a difference. Is there a reason why a pirate hasnt tryed it yet ?

Rock Solid wrote: »
    104.1 in Dublin seems clear, be a great frequency as Spin and FM104 are either side and theres .3 of a difference. Is there a reason why a pirate hasnt tryed it yet ?

KIC104 FM was closed down - one of the reasons allegedly was interferance to Shannonside, apart from that 103.8+104.4 are both high power and highly modulated.(KIC was on 104.0 and was due to move to 104.1)
    102.5 was used for a long time when RnaL was on 102.2, but Lite as it was then caused a stink and 102.5 has not been used in Dublin since - it is a better frequency than eg 104.1

• Advertisement

Infoanon wrote: »
    KIC104 FM was closed down - one of the reasons allegedly was interferance to Shannonside

they must have been pushing some power then? all though in fairness shannonside do get out a good way specially in lift conditions i can pick them up here in the southeast
    102.5 was used for a long time when RnaL was on 102.2, but Lite as it was then caused a stink and 102.5 has not been used in Dublin since - it is a better frequency than eg 104.1

comreg could put one of the temps on there could they not? let lite/q cause a stink if they want, comreg can remind them they don't "own" but are borrowing the frequency they use for the term of the licence

• Registered Users Posts: 25 davebrowntec

ya is a new progressive/house station
    came on air some time over the weekend

they must have been pushing some power then? all though in fairness shannonside do get out a good way specially in lift conditions i can pick them up here in the southeast

comreg could put one of the temps on there could they not? let lite/q cause a stink if they want, comreg can remind them they don't "own" but are borrowing the frequency they use for the term of the licence

102.5 is allocated by comreg in the Maynooth area, KIC was on high power and from a good site, it was also making great use of its optimod-ex Pulse from memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭Rock Solid

102.5 is only .2 from RNAG on 102.7 which is strong in south Dublin, 104.1 would be a better choice, what about 98.4 ? That seems clear.

Rock Solid wrote: »
    102.5 is only .2 from RNAG on 102.7 which is strong in south Dublin, 104.1 would be a better choice, what about 98.4 ? That seems clear.

Its the .3 from Q102 thats the issue re broadcasting in Dublin on 102.5, RnaG on 102.7 is from Claremont Cairn so reception is well outside its target area.

98.4.....3 from 2 high powered signals, one of which is lowly modulated ! and not forgetting BBC Radio 1 on 98.3 which is receivable clearly as far South as Lucan

The parameters to take into account when choosing a frequency to broadcast on include, inter-alia, transmitter location, power,aerial height,adjacent frequencies,10.7 gap etc

• Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Fresh Pots wrote: »

There is a temporary station due on in Edenderry this weekend on 102.5FM called YAG FM. If they haven't switched off yet, Club need to move from this frequency as a matter of urgency if they are to avoid a COMREG visit in the next 48 hours.

http://yagfm.com

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I was in Dublin over the winter and Shannonside 104 FM was clear on 104.1 on my phone going out of Dublin on the M7 in the Rathcoole area, so not surprising they mix with each other.

Shannonside coverage is a joke anyway, receivable in Co. Cork on slightly elevated places under flat conditions

There is a temporary station due on in Edenderry this weekend on 102.5FM called YAG FM. If they haven't switched off yet, Club need to move from this frequency as a matter of urgency if they are to avoid a COMREG visit in the next 48 hours.

http://yagfm.com

I doubt if Club are reaching Offaly - they are just about audible in parts of Dublin.

Open to correction but Yag look like a 20watt temp with a 5 mile broadcast radius.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭mick masterson

RNG broadcasts 102.7 and Lite FM 102.2 will be their main problem stations other than radio caroline haven't lasted long there .
    I doubt if Club are reaching Offaly - they are just about audible in parts of Dublin.

Open to correction but Yag look like a 20watt temp with a 5 mile broadcast radius.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Club are to the west of the city so the chances of interference with YAG are reaonable enough, especially if Club don't take care of their TX and audio.

YAG are looking to contact Club ahead of their going on air. I suspect they may well want to be sure that there are no issues; with a bit of luck this can be sorted out the easy way instead of the hard way :)

Advertisement