Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Caddy went for $5k fixed, if Kuch has missed the cut he'd have got fuk all, Kuch went on to win, tuf luck caddy, you got the deal you wanted, you caddied for a good golfer who had not won in many years so the fixed $5k was a good move early on.
    If Kuch had missed the cut he would have been down good money giving your man the $5k.
    Stupid PC world

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

There was no 5k fixed arrangement. Kuchar says agreement was 1k for the week plus 1k add ons for making cut, top 20 and top 10. At the end he threw in an extra 1k cos he’s, you know, a real stand up guy, bringing total up to 5k.

Ortiz account of the arrangement differs so seems to be a bit of he says, she says about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭abff

There was no 5k fixed arrangement. Kuchar says agreement was 1k for the week plus 1k add ons for making cut, top 20 and top 10. At the end he threw in an extra 1k cos he’s, you know, a real stand up guy, bringing total up to 5k.

Ortiz account of the arrangement differs so seems to be a bit of he says, she says about it.

The bottom line is that Kuchar acted like a cheapskate and will always be remembered as that, no matter what he does on the course going forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭srfc d16

slave1 wrote: »
    Caddy went for $5k fixed, if Kuch has missed the cut he'd have got fuk all, Kuch went on to win, tuf luck caddy, you got the deal you wanted, you caddied for a good golfer who had not won in many years so the fixed $5k was a good move early on.
    If Kuch had missed the cut he would have been down good money giving your man the $5k.
    Stupid PC world

In what way is this an issue of political correctness?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,114 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I think you’re mistaking the guy for a regular tour caddy who would have had experience of lifting pro bags and making these deals. He was/is a local bagman who earns/ed typically 100-200 bucks per round when he managed to get work.

I’d say wealthy americans visiting that club would love nothing better than to have a local celebrity carry their bag and to give him a generous tip. So he’ll do alright out of it I imagine.

American tourists wouldn't touch this guy, you win your fourball and suddenly he expects to drive your car home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Is this reduced to 3 rounds?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Is this reduced to 3 rounds?

No round 3 will start later with it finishing early tomorrow before round 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭abff

It looks like Seamus Power is going to make the cut, despite two late dropped shots. Hopefully, he can have a decent weekend and pick up a few FedEx Cup points.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 473 ✭✭Pissartist

Was kuchar booed ?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,938 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Was Kelly Kraft wearing a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

SuprSi wrote: »
    Was Kelly Kraft wearing a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms?

Looked like it. Though the pants probably weren't trackies. Just tapered at the bottom. Justin Thomas was rocking a hoodie earlier too. I don't approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,759 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Henni Zuel left sky sports during the week, gone working for some streaming crowd, a loss for sky sports as I thought she was very good.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

Henni Zuel left sky sports during the week, gone working for some streaming crowd, a loss for sky sports as I thought she was very good.

I found her very bland in terms of the insights she gave.

Pa8301 wrote: »
    I found her very bland in terms of the insights she gave.

She'd never have got the job if she was ugly

Pissartist wrote: »
    She'd never have got the job if she was ugly

She’s a professional golfer and had a decent knowledge I thought

Remind me wrote: »

Was a golfer, and a journeyman at best, she was in the job on looks, naive to think otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭redarmy

Spieth says players have been told third round tee times will start around 2:45p PT. Would put the leaders off somewhere around 4:45-5p PT with a couple holes to play before dark. Means a long day tomorrow.

Pissartist wrote: »
    Was a golfer, and a journeyman at best, she was in the job on looks, naive to think otherwise

I doubt she’s even 30 so hardly a ‘journeyman’ has just chosen a different career and can hardly blame her.

It’s safe to say any players on the LET would make more money with sky regardless of how successful a year they have on tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Wouldn’t “journeyman” fairly accurately describe about 90% of the sky golf crew? Whether she was or not, it’s never been a bar anyway when it came to being a good pundit in any sport, just the same as being a champion was never any guarantee of excellence behind the microphone. Thought she was pretty decent at her job myself.

Nice draw for Seamus in round 3 and probably round 4. Sergio and Ernie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Some start to Tiger's 3rd round.... birdie, eagle, birdie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Yes, while she's easy on the eye she also speaks very well in front of a camera and knows her stuff. Which is not easy but taken for granted. So its unfair to just reduce her to good looks - although there's worse things to be accused of I suppose.

In other news. Tiger started birdie, eagle, birdie. -5 now. Life in the old dog, yay.

Erm: Birdie, eagle, birdie, birdie

HighLine wrote: »
    Some start to Tiger's 3rd round.... birdie, eagle, birdie

And another bird. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,457 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

He's been birdie bogey birdie bogey on Friday in sh1t weather playing 30 holes, but his driving and his irons were fantastic. It's the best I've seen him driving in - I dont know - ever? He's actually swinging within himself not trying to rip the hell out of it and it really looks sweet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

hardly a ‘journeyman’ has just chosen a different career

I heard she got badly injured ruining a playing career. Always though she was easy to listen to.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Thomas’s tournament to lose now anyway.

Great start to final round for Rory. Nice eagle

Thomas’s tournament to lose now anyway.

Great start to final round for Rory. Nice eagle

He’s doing his best to lose it

• Registered Users Posts: 21,197 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

If Mcillroy could get a run of 2/3 birdies now it'd put pressure on. Holmes and Thomas having a poor 7th

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Did Holmes get a free drop there? Anyone know why?

• Advertisement

Synode wrote: »
    Did Holmes get a free drop there? Anyone know why?

Embedded ball so free drop.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement