Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭rooney30

Find it hard to warm to Justin Rose . Nothing massively dislikable about him so it’s hard to put my finger on it . Maybe it’s those frequent little fist pumps he does that seem a bit forced .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

Same here, you can't actually dislike him, there is nothing wrong with him, seems a pretty nice guy and a fantastic golfer. But somehow I couldn't become a Rose fan. Maybe its because he is such a square, I can't put my finger on it either. But another big win and deservedly consolidated his number one status, congratulations.

Very solid tournament from Tiger. Too little too late to get himself into the mix, but decent enough first outing. No real mess-ups, just didn't really get going over the first three days. Arguably his biggest setback was the double on his ninth on day 2 and that was just really bad luck being plugged under the lip in that bunker, broke his momentum.
    Swung much more within himself and when he tried to go at it was the only time when he made a biggish error off the tee. And I only saw that once, maybe he's actually learning.
    He's playing next week again and obviously Riviera is confirmed too, thats a good sign for how he approaches this season. Wondering if he was favourite for the Masters, like Roe did, is nonsense of course, but that's Mark Roe for you. But he's obviously;y decided he wants to be well back into a tour schedule come early April. Looking forward to this.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,580 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Remind me wrote:
    It was red

It looked pink.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭CalamariFritti

eagle eye wrote: »
    It looked pink.

It looked like very thinly horizontally striped, red and white, definitely a change from his traditional Sunday outfit. Maybe he was disappointed with himself to be out so far with no chance that he decided he's not going to bother putting the Sunday game shirt on.

• Advertisement

Watched a lot of golf today. Seen Thomas and Fowler early and then Varner III all hit 64's. Matsuyama couldv have had a lot lower score than he did but missed a lot of makeable putts. Ra impressed, he stayed patient all day and finished well.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

The swing of Matthew wollfe the amateur

https://www.pgatour.com/news/2019/01/31/matthew-wolff-oklahoma-state-amateur-67-first-round-waste-management-phoenix-open.html

Very jimmy Bruen though not quite as severe

• Registered Users Posts: 27,057 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,219 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,057 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

^ Excellent, in tears here! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Is there a more unlikeable player than John Rahm on tour at the minute? If he carried on like that in most clubs up and down the country he'd have trouble getting his card signed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Is there a more unlikeable player than John Rahm on tour at the minute? If he carried on like that in most clubs up and down the country he'd have trouble getting his card signed.

I'm not even watching but I'm guessing he is throwing his usual tantrums and slamming clubs? Hate it also when commentators trying to justify the likes with "he's just passionate".

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

Hatton

• Registered Users Posts: 5,722 ✭✭✭abff

The back page of the Irish Times sports section has a photograph of "Justin Rose" at the 16th hole yesterday looking amazingly like Bryson DeChambeau. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Some hilarious bant on the pga tour. Roe an beemer are hilarious.

I really want to play that golf hole

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

Some hilarious bant on the pga tour. Roe an beemer are hilarious.

I really want to play that golf hole

The 16th? par 3 ? Same here, when they put the stadia either side a few years ago and gave them a trading licence it got very interesting tbf. Love watching it.

Roe and hilarious in one sentence does not compute.

Cameron Smith just hit a wonderful shot from the bushes. He went at it full tilt right into the bush and it bounces left and down on to the green to about 8 feet.

Cameron Smith just hit a wonderful shot from the bushes. He went at it full tilt right into the bush and it bounces left and down on to the green to about 8 feet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Golf fans.. a reserved and well mannered bunch!

https://twitter.com/GOLF_com/status/1092101931408023554

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Rickie with a terrible chip. Easy enough chip up, take the par. Instead it doesn't check up, goes through green and into water. Blame the rain maybe, but terrible

• Registered Users Posts: 6,061 ✭✭✭bren2001

What's the ruling going to be here? Free drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,142 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

This is mad

• Registered Users Posts: 20,803 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

bren2001 wrote: »
    What's the ruling going to be here? Free drop?

Ref trying to give him a free drop

But Rick too honest

This is interesting

Because new rules change old drop

That's the way golf should be played, no giving out or banging clubs.

Fair play to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭zep

That's the way golf should be played, no giving out or banging clubs.

Fair play to him.

Indeed, very professional attitude, however this type of thing is partly responsible for the decline in golf. He already took a penalty, that's just ridiculous rules negatively impacting on the game.
    Yes he should have taken more time waiting in case the ball moved etc.. but everyone already complains the game takes too long.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

So he dropped his 4th and would have been playing his 5th but that rolled into water so why wasn’t he dropping for 6? The call rolling into water isn’t considered a shot but he’s penalised for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Pretty sick for Rickie, wheels have completely come off now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Just getting to see this. Madness. Fowler’s head must be all over the place. Will take real determination to try come back and win this.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement