Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,223 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Ball was plugged I think.

The annoyance of the flag in/out rule there to be seen. Thomas out for long putt, Scott puts it back in for short putt, Holmes has it back out for his.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

poor spieth having a nightmare 10 over for 10 holes..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Pa8301

The pace of play is absolutely pathetic. 2 hours and 45 minutes for the last group to play 9 holes. That would be disgraceful for a 4 ball nevermind a 3 ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭markthespark77

Pa8301 wrote: »
    The pace of play is absolutely pathetic. 2 hours and 45 minutes for the last group to play 9 holes. That would be disgraceful for a 4 ball nevermind a 3 ball.

Holmes is a shocking bad

• Registered Users Posts: 17,795 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

poor spieth having a nightmare 10 over for 10 holes..

What happened Spieth?

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Holmes is a joke of a slow player. Think he will mess up at some stage on the back 9.

Poor play by Rory on 10 to make that bogey

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Getting fair tight now. Cracking bunker shot from Rory, Thomas four putts!!

Still don’t have faith in JB to win and hope his snail pace golf doesn’t win either

• Registered Users Posts: 37,860 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Holmes wins it, really was hoping anybody but him. The ridiculous length he takes over every shot is so annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,661 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

Holmes is ridiculously slow no doubt, but I find it interesting that when the likes of Day wins a tournament his pace of play is rarely discussed, yet with Holmes it was all Sky could talk about at the end.

Holmes is a joke of a slow player. Think he will mess up at some stage on the back 9.

Poor play by Rory on 10 to make that bogey

Seemed it worked for him as he gets the W, huge win for him.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Mushy wrote: »

The annoyance of the flag in/out rule there to be seen. Thomas out for long putt, Scott puts it back in for short putt, Holmes has it back out for his.

Should just change the rule and make it mandatory to leave the flag in at all times.

Was driven demented at the weekend by 1 guy who wanted it out when everyone else was happy to leave it in.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Should just change the rule and make it mandatory to leave the flag in at all times.

Was driven demented at the weekend by 1 guy who wanted it out when everyone else was happy to leave it in.

I played with a guy the weekend who wanted it in on every putt, was telling us statistically it's better, cue 2 balls bouncing off the flag and staying out from less than 20 feet. We figured either the holes on the course are smaller than normal or most likely our greens are too "jumpy". Greens in our place are poor and heavily sanded.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

GreeBo wrote: »

Did ye not just all finish out and then let him off?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭PhuckHugh2

The sky commentators are so unbelievably biased it is ridiculous. Rory never in contention gets that birdie to move within 2 and they start absolutely salivating at the mouth. He had a small chance no more. They would have made you think he was favorite to win it from 2 behind with 2 to play.

An awful pity JB Holmes won it. He is an advertisement for all that is wrong with slow play in golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Keano wrote: »
    Did ye not just all finish out and then let him off?

Was matchplay :(

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

I played with a guy the weekend who wanted it in on every putt, was telling us statistically it's better, cue 2 balls bouncing off the flag and staying out from less than 20 feet. We figured either the holes on the course are smaller than normal or most likely our greens are too "jumpy". Greens in our place are poor and heavily sanded.

The actual pins used in some golf clubs would be a lot chunkier than others and the ball will bounce off them

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The greens look brutal - but the course looks tight and a bit more interesting than most US weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Nice to see Rory and Bubba take a drop under new rules - no messing or rules official, Just getting on with it.

If Bubba can do it there is hope in the world.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Lowry going along nicely with 3 under thru 10. Thinking a good finish here will cement his place for the Masters?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

HighLine wrote: »
    Lowry going along nicely with 3 under thru 10. Thinking a good finish here will cement his place for the Masters?

Go on Shane,Flying the flag for Irish golf

McIllroy playing some great stuff.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Then Lowry gets two bogies. Need to get back on track, good finish be great for Masters

Bryson having a hack at the putting green live on camera??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Remind me wrote: »

I was watching that live and thought I was seeing things. It is a practice green but regardless, disgusting behaviour and completely unnecessary.

https://twitter.com/IAndyHwk/status/1098734634240802827

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

There's probably something scientific behind it where hacking at a green and immediately repairing it improves the overall quality of the surface....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,091 ✭✭✭backspin.

Remind me wrote: »

I strongly dislike that guy. Terrible behaviour.

Surely there will be some punishment?

Think it was Wayne Riley following them yesterday and he said he couldn’t believe how brazenly slow he was being in front of a rules official while the group were on the clock.

Maybe knowing he was playing with Tiger the chances of a penalty were slim to none.

Hopefully gets pulled up on this crap, completely unnecessary.

Powers that be need to follow through on these things, it'll only get worse

• Advertisement

Will Fowler be penalised for that wrong drop?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement