Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Have the sky go app on my phone and am watching the odd bit but listening to it all here while working!!

Same ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Rikand wrote: »
    Same ;)

Haven't seen Lowry yet!!

we wont see him today either :)

I just saw him!

He wasnt playing a shot, but I saw what appeared to be his outline, leaning on his putter.

So hopefully that means hes on the 18th in 2 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Level par round leaves him mid way after the first day.
    Hopefully gets under par tomorrow.

• Advertisement

Brilliant round today from Luke Donald. Pure class!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Level par round leaves him mid way after the first day.
    Hopefully gets under par tomorrow.

And he does the same again today, leaving him tied 15th again.

Great to see Luke Donald on top of the leaderboard. I've alway loved watching him play......not a big hitter, but a clever player. Nice to see him with a bit of form after a long gap.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Rikand wrote: »
    Brilliant round today from Luke Donald. Pure class!

Super to see him pull off a score like that...even if a baboon did try to take him out

Super to see him pull off a score like that...even if a baboon did try to take him out

Saw that - that baboon was a big guy - I wouldn't care to meet him on a golf course....or anywhere else for that matter!

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Delighted to see Padraig Harrington end his wait for a tournament win at the Indonesia Open this morning over on the Asian Tour.

Be great if we could see some of the old Harrington again in 2015 :)

• Advertisement

Great win for Willett in the Nedbank - nice player.

So another week in South Africa - Leopard Creek and a few Irish in the field. Invite for Peter Lawrie.....c'mon lad!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,554 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Lawrie off to a good start, seems to have maintained the improvement in form he found at q school. -5 after 13.

Lawrie off to a good start, seems to have maintained the improvement in form he found at q school. -5 after 13.
    Just turned it on now......brilliant brilliant news. Now if he could keep this up, it would be maybe even better, in my estimation, than Harrington's win. C'mon Peter!

Well he has finished with a 68. A bit of a shaky finish to the round but still in great shape - delighted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭abff

Finished on 4 under after bogeying the 16th and 17th and birdieing the 18th. It would be great if he could keep this up for 4 rounds.

He's tied 9th now. Still in good shape. I would just love to see him finish in the top 10. He really has to seize these opportunities.

Great round by Branden Grace, 10 birdies and 8 pars.

Great round by Branden Grace, 10 birdies and 8 pars.

He will have played that course many times, and I think he has a good record on this course.

Couple of early bogeys for Lawrie, on the cut mark now!

• Advertisement

Couple of early bogeys for Lawrie, on the cut mark now!

Just seen it......c'mon lad - you showed us yesterday that you can do it!

Lawrie now +4 for the round after 10 holes. Feck it.

I'm so disappointed for Peter Lawrie - shot +6 today and missed the cut by some margin. :(

At least Kevin made the cut and he was looking least likely of the 3.

At least Kevin made the cut and he was looking least likely of the 3.

Yes, it was good to see him make the cut. Gutted for Peter Lawrie and very unfortunate finish by Damien McGrane - 5s on each of the last 4 holes to miss the cut by 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Will Peter Lawrie play on the Challenge Tour next year? I know he might get invites to certain events also and be on the main tour call up list but is the challenge tour his best chance of getting his card back?

Level par round for Phelan today. Leaves him on 1 under overall and currently tied 57th.

Scoring has not been so good today, so Phelan is now tied 43rd. Bit of progress.

Brandon Grace won by a country mile - seven shots - in the end. Made it a bit boring. Kevin Phelan finished tied 33rd.

• Advertisement

Decent enough start to the season for Phelan. Oosthuizen's finish gets him into the top 50 in the year end world rankings and moves him ahead of Shane Lowry. Danny Willett's finish may have cost him a guaranteed place in next year's Masters - it's touch and go whether he'll be in the year end top 50.

Advertisement