Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

abff wrote: »
    Maybin has just double bogeyed the 15th to go to +1 and 3 outside the cut mark. Thornton finished with two bogeys and is tied 41st. Phelan has dropped 4 shots in his last 7 holes and is tied 35th. Lawrie is the only one having a good day so far - 2 under after an eagle on the 12th and in a tie for 11th overall.

Maybin finished with three birdies in a row and should make the cut (possibly with a shot to spare). Had a 65 with ten birdies, one double bogey and one triple bogey.

Phelan's score hasn't been updated in about a hour - not sure what's happening there.

I must have jinxed Lawrie. Followed up the eagle with a triple bogey, then another bogey. Got one back at the next and currently tied 26th.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Unreal score from hahn.

#GolfOfYourDreams

Will Hahn's score count as a European Tour record?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭paulos53

Will Hahn's score count as a European Tour record?

Preferred lies are being used so it won't count as a record

Something weird is going on with the live scoring. Everyone is shown as having finished their rounds apart from four groups on the stadium course who are all shown as having played 15 holes. Maybe whoever was responsible for updating the scores has gone home early!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Something weird is going on with the live scoring. Everyone is shown as having finished their rounds apart from four groups on the stadium course who are all shown as having played 15 holes. Maybe whoever was responsible for updating the scores has gone home early!

They've only being updating after every 3, nice late birdie for Kevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a ridiculous round by Hahn. Didnt even think you could dream of producing these rounds never mind actually have one.

Great stuff from maybin to make the cut and give himself a chance at least of getting a card.
    4 irish in for the last 2 rounds. Hopefully they produce the goods and have a little luck a long the way too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Pity about Peter Lawrie's mess up....he has been keeping things going nicely apart from that. Let's hope he picks up the required places tomorrow and the day after.

Hahn's round ...... unbelievable!

And well done Gareth Maybin.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

What a ridiculous round by Hahn. Didnt even think you could dream of producing these rounds never mind actually have one.

Great stuff from maybin to make the cut and give himself a chance at least of getting a card.
    4 irish in for the last 2 rounds. Hopefully they produce the goods and have a little luck a long the way too.

:eek:

9 birdies in 12 hole. :confused:

I see the tee times are up for the DP tour championship in Dubai. Do they go out in order of their ranking?

Lowry is out with Ross Fisher and GMac with Martin Kaymer.

Anyone know why Paul Casey isn't playing?

• Advertisement

vienne86 wrote: »
    Anyone know why Paul Casey isn't playing?

They said on Sky last week that he had decided to take a break. I don't know whether he knew at that stage that he would finish in the final qualifying position but I guess he has his reasons.

3 doubles for Hahn on his first 9 today, I think it's safe to say he prefers the other course!

24.Lawire -6 (15)
    24.Thornton - 6 (12)
    34.Phelan - 5 (15)
    53.Maybin -2 (12)

At the end of round 5, Lawrie is on -5, having shot level par today - tied 29th, Phelan and Thornton on -4 tied 35th. Maybin is not going too well - +1 for the day, -1 for the tournament, three still to play though. The first three are in the mix, but it is all going to be very tight....as usual.

John Hahn's magic 58 obviously took a lot out of him....+6 so far today.

Edit: Maybin finished +2 for the day, level par going in to tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Matthew Fitzpatrick on the bubble at -6 with a round to go.

Some amateur career. Tomorrow a big day for him.

Of course he's an old man compared to the Italian kid Renato Paratore who is leading on -17.

A different way of shooting your age!

Irish guys have got to go under par tomorrow. Looks like it could go down to the wire.

Maybin's goose is cooked i'd say. Needs a round in mid 60s to have any chance. Very disappointing end to the season for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Solid enough start by Lawrie and Thornton at Par through 3 holes. Phelan +1. Early days yet, but I'm guessing all three would need to be -3 for the day to squeeze in.

I'd say there were a lot of sleepless nights over there last night. Such pressure.

PARlance wrote: »
    Solid enough start by Lawrie and Thornton at Par through 3 holes. Phelan +1. Early days yet, but I'm guessing all three would need to be -3 for the day to squeeze in.

I'd say there were a lot of sleepless nights over there last night. Such pressure.

it's very tight, as always, but yes, they'll need to go under par anyway.today.

4 under after 8 for Rory. Looking ominous already.
    Lowry also 4 under.
    Would love to see those two in final group on Sunday.

It's not happening for Kevin I'm afraid + 3 for the day, Peter and Simon still within striking range.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Brooks Koepka must be still drunk- +6 after 14

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The guys that don't get their cards at Qualifying School - where will they play next year - challenge tour????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

A mild ripple of applause for that terrific shot of Stenson's right there.... how I wish these middle east, China etc. venues would get a lot less big events.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

Old diesel wrote: »
    The guys that don't get their cards at Qualifying School - where will they play next year - challenge tour????

The ones who had cards this year will have some playing rights on Tour next year, I think David Higgins for example got to play about a dozen events this year. Some will go to Challenge Tour, some could try to play on Asian Tour or South Africia, usually the younger ones. Some will be giving lessons at the local club....and quietly dying inside.

More than likely yes but they will still be categorized.

Those that get their cards today will be in Category 15.

Maybin is already in Category 16 next season for his race to Dubai position.

Phelan will be in Category 17.

Thornton finished 1 place outside Category 17 so is only assure of Category 20 if he doesn't squeeze in today. Same applies to Lawrie. You wont get many events from Category 20.

Thornton and Lawrie right on the bubble at t28. Need a good finish over last 6 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Lawrie pars the 13th... He had a triple there in Rd 4 so a sigh of relief.

Thornton and Lawrie right on the bubble at t28. Need a good finish over last 6 holes.

Thornton has dropped a shot I'm afraid. Lawrie has five holes left to save his career....unreal pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,788 ✭✭✭Old diesel

cairny wrote: »
    Thornton has dropped a shot I'm afraid. Lawrie has five holes left to save his career....unreal pressure.

So you think there is no way back for him if he doesn't make it today????

So you think there is no way back for him if he doesn't make it today????

I suppose I was being a bit dramatic. He'll get to play again next year in a limited number of events. It would be very tough to get back off those alone though.

Edit: Jerry says he will be Cat 20, pretty much no chance at that level I'm afraid.

• Advertisement

Peter needs to birdie the last 2, 1 might sneak it. The rest missed out im afraid.

Advertisement