Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,288 ✭✭✭mickmackey1

Koepka is some talent

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Serious rounds of golf from stenson and dubuisson.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Fook, Poulter pushes it and misses going into a playoff, gutted :(

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

slave1 wrote: »
    Fook, Poulter pushes it and misses going into a playoff, gutted :(
    Actually he pulled it, he missed left and the break(if any) was left to right and left is the usual miss when trying to ram it home.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Push, pull whatever, he threw away chances, he played class but too many putts didn't make it, yesterday obviously cost him too but he had it today with the way he played off the tee and with his approach shots...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭Norfolk Enchants_

slave1 wrote: »
    Push, pull whatever, he threw away chances, he played class but too many putts didn't make it, yesterday obviously cost him too but he had it today with the way he played off the tee and with his approach shots...
    Eh no it's not pulled, pushed or whatever, he did actually pull it (indisputable fact) and he didn't throw it away, brooks holed miles of putts and got up and down like a demon all day, that's tournament golf, it happens, nothing Poults or anyone else could do about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Sorry for Poulter, but he had a good week, and I'm glad he is back in form. I know a lot of people dislike him, and I used to loathe the guy, but I think he played well this week and I think he is good for a tournament - good to watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Delighted Poulter didnt win, he was always painful but now hes painfully slow as well. Was he always this slow I didnt think he was.

Delighted Poulter didnt win, he was always painful but now hes painfully slow as well. Was he always this slow I didnt think he was.

He never struck me as a slow player before....was slow this week all right. I always think slow play is selfish - very annoying for the playing partners.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭elgenerale

vienne86 wrote: »
    He never struck me as a slow player before....was slow this week all right. I always think slow play is selfish - very annoying for the playing partners.

I doubt any pro who wants to make it on tour could afford to think like that

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Probably slow this week as he was trying to close out his first tournie for quite some time.

Would love to have seen him win, but delighted for koepka as well. A great way to cap off a very good year

Poulter has had a wretched season - this week has saved it for him and I hope he kicks on.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Another good day today at Q School for Simon Thornton (-3 today, -8 overall, tied 13th), Peter Lawrie (-3 today, -7 overall, tied 18th) and Kevin Phelan (-5 today, -6 overall, tied 24th). McGeady and Maybin are well out of the running at +2 and +3 respectively.

Level par is currently tied 70th so still a chance for McGeady and Maybin to make the cut as they both play the easier tour course tomorrow. They will have to go low of course!

Level par is currently tied 70th so still a chance for McGeady and Maybin to make the cut as they both play the easier tour course tomorrow. They will have to go low of course!
    So is it top 70 tomorrow who go through to the weekend? I'm not familiar with the format of Q school.....apart from knowing it is a six round slog.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭Eaglebridie 32

Yes, top 70 +ties after tomorrow, then top 25 &sties get cards.

That's a good point. Only 1 of the top 50 was playing the Stadium Course today. If they make the cut, they're still in with a chance of making the top 25 plus ties.

Yes, top 70 +ties after tomorrow, then top 25 &sties get cards.

Top 25? I thought it was only the top 15, so that is great news.

Yes, the current top guys have to play what is obviously the more difficult course tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the Irish players.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Top 25? I thought it was only the top 15, so that is great news.

Yes, the current top guys have to play what is obviously the more difficult course tomorrow. Fingers crossed for the Irish players.

It was definitely the Top 25 last year, can recall that Phelan was flirting with the line at the end. Think he got a great par on 18 to make have a shot in hand in the end.

Hope McGeady makes the cut tomorrow, he's realistically out of contention now but afaik all the guys that make the cut get some sort of exemption that allow them the odd opportunity or two.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Diego Tristan

Top 15 would be the number from the Challenge Tour.

Top 25 and ties from Q school.

Making the cut would be massive for McGeady as it would get him a Challenge Tour card for next year and a couple of starts on the main tour as well.

Bit like Ruaidhri McGee's situation this year.

Otherwise he'll be back on the satellite tour circuit again.

• Advertisement

The European Tour website is very slow about showing the entry list for this week's tournament. A full listing is on the OWGR website and it shows that all the top 59 are playing, with Matteo Manassero at number 61 getting in due to Paul Casey's decision not to play.

Lots of world ranking points at stake with 56 points for the winner and points all the way down to 52nd place.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Richie fowler confirmed for 2015 Irish open.

Rory's influence I'd imagine. Great talent to get. Will surely bring up the crowd numbers.

http://m.independent.ie/sport/golf/rory-mcilroy-confirms-rickie-fowler-will-take-part-in-next-years-irish-open-30753175.html

Just looking at the Q school scores, it is very striking that one course seems to be much easier than the other. How does it work? Do players alternate between the courses on a daily basis....or every two days ....or what?

Just looking at the Q school scores, it is very striking that one course seems to be much easier than the other. How does it work? Do players alternate between the courses on a daily basis....or every two days ....or what?

First 4 rounds you play each twice, last 2 rounds after the cut are on the stadium course I think.

Kevin Phelan really kicking on today (-3), struggle for Simon Thornton though (+3)

11.Phelan -9 (6)
    14.Lawrie -8 (3)
    33.Thornton -5 (12)
    87.McGeady +2 (6)
    110.Maybin +4 (6)

Cut currently -1, McGeady needs to get going. Looks unlikely for Maybin.

I fully expected to see Kevin Phelan at the right end but I must admit to be pleasantly surprised by Peter Lawrie. I really didn't expect him to be in the mix after the year he had. Fair play to him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

First 4 rounds you play each twice, last 2 rounds after the cut are on the stadium course I think.

Kevin Phelan really kicking on today (-3), struggle for Simon Thornton though (+3)

11.Phelan -9 (6)
    14.Lawrie -8 (3)
    33.Thornton -5 (12)
    87.McGeady +2 (6)
    110.Maybin +4 (6)

Cut currently -1, McGeady needs to get going. Looks unlikely for Maybin.

I fully expected to see Kevin Phelan at the right end but I must admit to be pleasantly surprised by Peter Lawrie. I really didn't expect him to be in the mix after the year he had. Fair play to him!

Thanks for that. Lawrie one of the few to come in after a caddy died on the course earlier this year (he was on the verge of only his first or second paycheque of the year). he deserves any bit of karma that's going.

cairny wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Lawrie one of the few to come in after a caddy died on the course earlier this year (he was on the verge of only his first or second paycheque of the year). he deserves any bit of karma that's going.
    Yes he does. Nice guy and was very emotional last year when he almost lost his card. So far so good today....six holes played in -1, which is better than most. I have all crossable body parts crossed for him.

6 birdies in 7 holes for Maybin to get to -1, cut has dipped to -2 currently but he still has 6 holes remaining. McGeady cant get off par for the day unfortunately.

Phelan and Lawie tied 16th now and Thornton tied 25th, all will comfortably make the cut.

6 birdies in 7 holes for Maybin to get to -1, cut has dipped to -2 currently but he still has 6 holes remaining. McGeady cant get off par for the day unfortunately.

Phelan and Lawie tied 16th now and Thornton tied 25th, all will comfortably make the cut.

Maybin has just double bogeyed the 15th to go to +1 and 3 outside the cut mark. Thornton finished with two bogeys and is tied 41st. Phelan has dropped 4 shots in his last 7 holes and is tied 35th. Lawrie is the only one having a good day so far - 2 under after an eagle on the 12th and in a tie for 11th overall.

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭paulos53

American John Hahn shot 58 today. :eek: Moved from 104th to 14th on the leaderboard

• Advertisement

abff wrote: »
    Maybin has just double bogeyed the 15th to go to +1 and 3 outside the cut mark. Thornton finished with two bogeys and is tied 41st. Phelan has dropped 4 shots in his last 7 holes and is tied 35th. Lawrie is the only one having a good day so far - 2 under after an eagle on the 12th and in a tie for 11th overall.

Maybin birdied the last 3 after the double, 10 birdies, a double and a treble to qualify!

Lawrie dropped 4 shots the next 2 holes unfortunately.

4 of the 5 will qualify but all outside top 25 at the moment, all well within range though.

26.Lawrie -6 (15)
    36.Phelan -5 (15)
    42.Thornton -4
    54.Maybin -2
    111.McGeady +4

Some stuff from Hahn alright!

Advertisement