Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

It must be a very odd feeling winning a tournament like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

abff wrote: »
    Any word on when/if play will resume this afternoon?

It won't. Levet wins.

I gather they had no rain there for several months until this week. What a mess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭Minderbinder

How can they reduce the tournament to 36 holes when some players had already played well into the third round? Just reiterates how the European Tour has turned into a complete joke. Players who had a good round going today will be very unhappy and are probably looking up the rule books as I type.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Related somewhat to this thread.

Those of us who subscribe to Sky Sports through UPC will finally be getting SS 3/4/5 in HD from Oct-15.

Looking forward to this. If there's one sport that benefits from a HD picture it's golf.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Bit of a disaster all round. I think they only get 75% of the prize money where the tournament is reduced to 36 holes and I think they may also reduce the world ranking points. No chance for PH or SL to pick up any world ranking points as the shots they picked up today won't count.

• Advertisement

This week's tournament is matchplay and starts on Wednesday, so there is no way they could have played tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

vienne86 wrote: »
    It won't. Levet wins.

I gather they had no rain there for several months until this week. What a mess.

Levy wins, Levet can only dream these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

With a name like Levy, he should be Irish. We seem to have a levy on just about everything these days!

Anyone know, is Peter Lawrie headed to Q school?

Anyone know, is Peter Lawrie headed to Q school?

It would need something spectacular in Hong Kong and/or Perth to avoid it now. He is only 40 so I'd imagine he'll head to Q school.

I think his Spanish Open win means he will go straight to final qualifying stage, his year has been so poor his race to Dubai position would have only got him into stage 2!

• Advertisement

It would need something spectacular in Hong Kong and/or Perth to avoid it now. He is only 40 so I'd imagine he'll head to Q school.

I think his Spanish Open win means he will go straight to final qualifying stage, his year has been so poor his race to Dubai position would have only got him into stage 2!

He's had a miserable year. I was full of hope when he retained his card at the end of last season - he was very emotional about that, so he must be in bits now. But he has had some nice rounds lately, so I just hope he can string a few together and get himself a card for next season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

How can they reduce the tournament to 36 holes when some players had already played well into the third round? Just reiterates how the European Tour has turned into a complete joke. Players who had a good round going today will be very unhappy and are probably looking up the rule books as I type.

Of course they can do that.

Why should Lowry who had moved up to just outside the top 20 get the prize money for that over someone who had played better in first 2 rounds and happened to have a later tee time??

It would have made no sense at all if they continued.

Bjorn an injury withdrawal from the matchplay, replaced by George Coetzee.

Anyone got the draw for the matchplay? I got an error when I tried to get it via the European Tour web site.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone got the draw for the matchplay? I got an error when I tried to get it via the European Tour web site.

Full draw attached.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Hes got a decent chance of getting out of that group!

Dubuisson gonna be the clear winner in that group - he's already -5 for his first 8 holes and 3 up in his match

Rikand wrote: »
    Dubuisson gonna be the clear winner in that group - he's already -5 for his first 8 holes and 3 up in his match

GMac dormie with 3 to play against an in form Levy. If Dubuisson wins Shane's group then it'll be a fight for second to play GMac if he wins his.

I'm gonna say that Lowry will top his group tough :) can't wait for his match v Dubuisson.

Gmac wins 3&2

Dooby drops one at 10

Larrazabal -3 after 13 holes yet he's still 3 down. Unlucky. That would have him
    winning a few other matches.

• Advertisement

Great par from Luiten at the last.

Bruce Critchley really needs to stop rambling, it isn't impossible to qualify if you lose 2 games. Also you could lose out even if you won 2!

Bruce Critchley really needs to stop rambling, it isn't impossible to qualify if you lose 2 games. Also you could lose out even if you won 2!

Bruce Crotchless needs to not have his contract renewed. Same goes for Ewen Murray

Come on Stevie G!

2 down after 2 - now level after 5

GMac's coming to get Mikko. He has won 3 out of the last 4 holes.
    GMac still 1 down with 3 to play.

Brilliant from Gmac. He never gives up!

Birdie of the day on the 18th from Larrazabal.

Tee-bunker-rough-rough-hole!

One of the best/worst birdies there from Larrazabal there on 18.

Rikand wrote: »
    Brilliant from Gmac. He never gives up!

Lost but never had a bogey, Shane could learn a lot from him in matchplay.

• Advertisement

Gmac beaten!

Advertisement