Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭elgenerale

Carnasty, also called the beast of angus and then take your pick of the other two

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

elgenerale wrote: »
    Carnasty, also called the beast of angus and then take your pick of the other two

Good stuff from the top three so, including Harrington. I think the wind is going to pick up, so it could get interesting in the next couple of days.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,190 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Great to see Lowry and Harrington top of the leaderboard.

charlieIRL wrote: »
    Great to see Lowry and Harrington top of the leaderboard.

Would give anything to see them play together in the last group on Sunday.

vienne86 wrote: »
    Would give anything to see them play together in the last group on Sunday.

or finish 1-2!!!!:D

• Advertisement

Nice to see Oliver Wilson up there too. I think he is a pal of Shane Lowry.....or maybe that is Oliver Fisher....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Oh my... What a day in store tomorrow. Plenty of Harrington & Lowry and to top it all off... Watching Raphael's dreamy swing all day long.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Great to see both Harrington and Lowry so close to the top of the leaderboard. Interestingly, Lowry is the only one of the top 12 who was playing Kingsbarns today.

As others have said, it would be great to see them playing together in the final group on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

abff wrote: »
    Great to see both Harrington and Lowry so close to the top of the leaderboard. Interestingly, Lowry is the only one of the top 12 who was playing Kingsbarns today.

As others have said, it would be great to see them playing together in the final group on Sunday.

Do you mean St Andrews abff?

McIlroy is a danger to all over the weekend if fatigue doesnt kick in.

BTW they are showing way to much of his Father on sky. If they really are that interested in the team event they could show the actual leaders!

Sorry Jerry. I meant to say Lowry was the only one who wasn't playing Kingsbarns today.

i agree with you about McIlroy senior. At least they haven't been showing too much of Bill Murray. :p

• Advertisement

Sorry Jerry. I meant to say Lowry was the only one who wasn't playing Kingsbarns today.

i agree with you about McIlroy senior. At least they haven't been showing too much of Bill Murray. :p

Saw some of Bill on Thursday, cracking swing.

Hopefully Lowry does a repeat of last years performance at Carnouiste.

2 days of playing at the home of golf for PH unless he has a mare tomorrow. Still think top 10 would be a good week for him.

Top 3 for Shane should break the top 50 OWGR. Playing 7 out of 8 weeks, lets hope he holds his form. Wont have any cut in his last 5 events either.

2 -10 rounds today with a -15 in the pro am, even with preferred lies thats some scoring.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,771 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Rory is making a joke of front 9 again.

Rory beginning to look a cert for open in St. Andrews 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,664 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Crowd seems to be way down, strange considering the quality of some of the players.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I see that Peter Lawrie and his partner have won the pro-am, despite Lawrie missing the cut. In some ways, that probably worked to the team's advantage, in that Lawrie could afford to be aggressive and attack the pin on holes where his partner was in reasonable shape. Having said that, I'm sure he'd much rather have made the cut and earned some official prize money to help in his efforts to hold onto his card.

They said on Sky that he gets £30,500 prize money for winning the pro-am. I guess that softens the blow a little, but I'm sure he would be so much happier if it counted towards retaining his card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Delighted for Ollie Wilson. Another good week for Rory and Shane. Pity padraig didn't climb a few more spots.

Delighted for Wilson, but Rory must be kicking himself for that chip on the 17th
    (not to mention they way he played the 1st).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,149 ✭✭✭rednik

Great interview with Wilson, what a very down to Earth bloke. Hopefully he wins more in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Delighted for wilson but jaysis Fleetwood was painful to watch. I've never seen so much faffing around over a golfball. If I was stuck behind him on a Sunday I think id probably kill him

That should put Lowry up to 12th in Race To Dubai, edging closer to top 50 in OWGR as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Delighted for Wilson, but Rory must be kicking himself for that chip on the 17th
    (not to mention they way he played the 1st).

He putted the ball into the Road Hole bunker - poor shot after recovering well after his db at 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Pdoghue

Rikand wrote: »
    Delighted for wilson but jaysis Fleetwood was painful to watch. I've never seen so much faffing around over a golfball. If I was stuck behind him on a Sunday I think id probably kill him

I think Jacquelin's partner was quite slow as well, even though he seemed a decent player. They were saying that the rounds took 6 hours! Though Rory's old man looked a good player, and didn't hang around faffing over shots. Was always ready to play his shots when it was his turn. Henman is a good player too - off scratch.

That should put Lowry up to 12th in Race To Dubai, edging closer to top 50 in OWGR as well.

Yes, it moves him up to 12th in the Race to Dubai and I think it moves him up to 53rd in the World rankings, just marginally behind Mikko Ilonen in 52nd (by around .01 of a point).

Going to the Algarve next Thursday and planning to go to the Portugal Masters on Friday (and hopefully on Sunday, if there's anyone Irish in contention). Would love to be able to follow both Padraig and Shane around, so hope they are on opposite sides of the draw (or, even better, paired together).

Great for Wilson - well deserved win. Lowry had a good week too, and Harrington was OK too. Peter Lawrie won the pro-am, which is not what he would have wanted, but he might be glad of the few bob. Would love to see him getting another opportunity.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Touch of class from Rory.
    And Wilson revealed the inspiration afforded him by McIlroy who had spoken to him on the 10th hole and during the heat of the final round battle.

“I have always got on well with Rory but after he had walked up to me on the 10th today I have even more respect for him,” said Wilson.

“It was a little chat and he told me to stick in there, keep playing great and try and win the tournament and this is coming from a guy who himself was looking to win the event, so he’s just a world class golfer and a world class person.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rory posting on facebook about how happy he was to come second to Wilson. Must be right good mates

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

vienne86 wrote: »
    Great for Wilson - well deserved win. Lowry had a good week too, and Harrington was OK too. Peter Lawrie won the pro-am, which is not what he would have wanted, but he might be glad of the few bob. Would love to see him getting another opportunity.

Think it has moved Wilson up 600 odd world ranking places, say it mentioned somewhere that they were his first ranking points of the year.

PARlance wrote: »
    Think it has moved Wilson up 600 odd world ranking places, say it mentioned somewhere that they were his first ranking points of the year.

Delighted for him, seems like a really sound guy that has struggled of late. Hopefully this win will help him big time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭poteen

Rikand wrote: »

Totally agree . Fleetwood was shockingly slow about everything and I cannot understand why the clock wasnt put on him. Waiting for people to stop moving 200 yards away. Reading putts from 10 angles. Was delighted he missed that on 18.

Advertisement