Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

poteen wrote: »
    Totally agree . Fleetwood was shockingly slow about everything and I cannot understand why the clock wasnt put on him. Waiting for people to stop moving 200 yards away. Reading putts from 10 angles. Was delighted he missed that on 18.

Absolutely agree - it was painful watching on TV, so must drive other players mad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

PARlance wrote: »
    Think it has moved Wilson up 600 odd world ranking places, say it mentioned somewhere that they were his first ranking points of the year.
    636 points to be exact, now in 156th.

Just fantastic for him. It's the kind of thing that should give other lowly ranked guys a bit of a lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

PARlance wrote: »
    Think it has moved Wilson up 600 odd world ranking places, say it mentioned somewhere that they were his first ranking points of the year.

He had made 10k on the european tour last year - total

Before this event he had made 9k for 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Rikand wrote: »
    He had made 10k on the european tour last year - total

Before this event he had made 9k for 2014

Some roller coaster, Ryder Cup -> Q School 2013 (only earning Challenge Tour card) -> Winning first European Tour event... All in the space of 6 years or so.

Winning 20k in the last 2 years... But yet having career earnings of over €6 million.... Fine fine margins!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,119 ✭✭✭big_drive

The Dunhill in the past 2 seasons has had a big impact on the career of guys who were in need of a big win to get back their careers. David Howell not as much as he still had his card, but it proved he can still win.
    Massive for Wilson, the relief must be something alse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,509 ✭✭✭Speak Now

abff wrote: »
    Going to the Algarve next Thursday and planning to go to the Portugal Masters on Friday (and hopefully on Sunday, if there's anyone Irish in contention). Would love to be able to follow both Padraig and Shane around, so hope they are on opposite sides of the draw (or, even better, paired together).

Decent draw for you abff, Shane out at 8.20 and Padraig at 13.00.

Plenty of other Irish for you to support as well with an even split on both sides of the draw.

Kevin Phelan 8.10
    Paul McGinley 8.40
    Simon Thornton 9.10
    Gareth Maybin 9.30
    Michael Honey 13.00
    Darren Clarke 13.10
    Damien McGrane 13.40
    Peter Lawrie 13.50

Enjoy the holiday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Michael Honey :D

rrpc wrote: »
    Michael Honey :D

If I could photoshop I would, just checked there's actually a Michael Honey on wiki LOL!!

gallery3.jpg

head.png

Slight resemblance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

See Clarke and Howell out today in the same group. In light of Howells appointment to the Ryder Cup selection committee, could be a very quiet 3 ball..

See Clarke and Howell out today in the same group. In light of Howells appointment to the Ryder Cup selection committee, could be a very quiet 3 ball..

Have a wierd feeling that Howell is only improving with age and could find himself on or around the outskirts of the team in a couple of years time. Could see him fishing for a pick already..... ;)

• Advertisement

With preferred lies Colsaerts needs a birdie on the last for a 59!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭BigChap1759

With preferred lies Colsaerts needs a birdie on the last for a 59!

Just saw that now - shame about the preferred lies

He has a putt for it anyway, maybe 18 feet.

Unlucky!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,648 ✭✭✭AGC

They will do well to get 72 holes completed in Portugal

AGC wrote: »
    They will do well to get 72 holes completed in Portugal

Already reduced to 54 holes.

Already reduced to 54 holes.

Harro playing well, decent round going today. Hopefully can keep it going tomorrow morning

Harro playing well, decent round going today. Hopefully can keep it going tomorrow morning

On the cut mark! Playing the last par 5, hasn't birdied one this week yet.
    Hopefully Lowry can go low tomorrow, should still be aiming for top despite the 2 leaders out of site.

Anyone know why jacquelin was disqualified? His card appears to have cut off after 16 holes of his first round....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Anyone know why jacquelin was disqualified? His card appears to have cut off after 16 holes of his first round....

I tried googling it, but couldn't find anything. I presume he took an incorrect drop or played the wrong ball or something like that.

• Advertisement

I see four players in total have been disqualified. Unusual to see that many in one tournament.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Lads how is this tournament going.

Are they finishing today after 3 rounds.

played the course . Wasn't that impressed. You got the sense it was there because they were paying the money. I guess that is the way this stuff works.

All the great costal courses in Portugal and you have it in a sort of dried up swamp.

No idea what's happening today. I was on my way to Vilamoura but a downpour about two minutes after I left my apartment made me think better of it.

The score hasn't updated since 11:04, but I don't know if this is due to a problem with live scoring or if play has been suspended.

Seems to be back online. Lowry 3 under after 6, Harrington 1 under after 7, McGinley 2 over after 15. Padraig is 1 over for the par 5s this week.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

abff wrote: »
    I see four players in total have been disqualified. Unusual to see that many in one tournament.

Wow, anyone know why?

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Wow, anyone know why?

I can't find anything online, but I wonder if it's related in some way to the fact that they were playing preferred lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,773 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

The whole thing is a bit of a disaster.

Weather looks good now - but they will be out of daylight soon.

http://www.yr.no/place/Portugal/Faro/Vilamoura/hour_by_hour.html

Any word on when/if play will resume this afternoon?

• Registered Users Posts: 974 ✭✭✭paulos53

Play abandoned for the day and tournament reduced to 36 holes.

Overnight leader Alexander Levy gets the win

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

Tournament abandoned according to sky sports.

Advertisement