Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭big_drive

Hopefully an incident like this where a player gets injured might highlight the need for all players on the different tours to start shouting Fore and taking more responsibility!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,733 ✭✭✭SnowDrifts

big_drive wrote: »
    Hopefully an incident like this where a player gets injured might highlight the need for all players on the different tours to start shouting Fore and taking more responsibility!

If it does take a fellow player getting injured then that is a load of balls!! It's disgusting watching pros blast drives into the spectators and not say a word.

Spectators' lives are equally important to fellow players.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,865 ✭✭✭TRS30

big_drive wrote: »
    SnowDrifts wrote: »
    If it does take a fellow player getting injured then that is a load of balls!! It's disgusting watching pros blast drives into the spectators and not say a word.

Spectators' lives are equally important to fellow players.

Couldn't agree more. One of my biggest issues with the pro game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭cairny

TRS30 wrote: »
    Couldn't agree more. One of my biggest issues with the pro game.

There should be hefty fines and fines should also apply to playing partners.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

It was going to happen.

They offer a golf or a ball to people they hit. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

cairny wrote: »
    There should be hefty fines and fines should also apply to playing partners.

Forget about it on the PGA tour. The players decide the rules and anything that is bad for them will never happen.

The laws are different, i.e. anchoring putting stroke, which are decided by the R&A. Something like you suggested would have be at a tour level.

Forget about it on the PGA tour. The players decide the rules and anything that is bad for them will never happen.

The laws are different, i.e. anchoring putting stroke, which are decided by the R&A. Something like you suggested would have be at a tour level.

Isn't it the USGA their version of the R&A?

What you say would also explain the failure to deal with slow play I guess.

cairny wrote: »
    Isn't it the USGA their version of the R&A?

What you say would also explain the failure to deal with slow play I guess.

Yes, however the PGA tour are their own entity and can come up with whatever rules they want once they are within the laws of the game.

Yes, however the PGA tour are their own entity and can come up with whatever rules they want once they are within the laws of the game.

Thanks. That explains a lot.

Probably not feasible to introduce a shot penalty into the Rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

It says on the European Tour website that Alexandre Kaleka was the player whose ball hit Zanotti on the forehead. There's no mention of whether or not he shouted fore.

It also says that Zanotti's playing partners, Felipe Aguilar and Ricardo Gonzalez accompanied him to hospital, and have withdrawn from the tournament to stay with him.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014072/news/newsid=235273.html#4M0tvwMfcayHcThY.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Fairplay to the both of them. Hopefully neither are fighting for their card

Rikand wrote: »
    Fairplay to the both of them. Hopefully neither are fighting for their card

Aguilar is safe in 60th on the race to dubai
    Gonzalez a bit tighter, 139th on race to dubai....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

abff wrote: »
    It says on the European Tour website that Alexandre Kaleka was the player whose ball hit Zanotti on the forehead. There's no mention of whether or not he shouted fore.

It also says that Zanotti's playing partners, Felipe Aguilar and Ricardo Gonzalez accompanied him to hospital, and have withdrawn from the tournament to stay with him.

http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2014/tournamentid=2014072/news/newsid=235273.html#4M0tvwMfcayHcThY.99

They weren't actually his players partners, they were in the next 2 groups behind him. Probably good friends with them all being from the South America. His partners and Kaleka played on! Id say by the length of the delay they waited until they got positive news, didn't need a repeat of what happened earlier this season.

Harro -1 after 4!!!!

Terrible start by the Irish players today:

Harrington 1 over after 5
    McGrane 2 over after 3
    Lowry 2 over after 4
    Thornton 2 over after 4

That's a combined 7 over for 16 holes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Terrible start by the Irish players today:

Harrington 1 over after 5
    McGrane 2 over after 3
    Lowry 2 over after 4
    Thornton 2 over after 5

That's a combined 7 over for 16 holes.

Did you do honours maths?

ForeRight wrote: »

Oops! My maths were correct, but I had a typo in the figures. Thornton had only played 4 holes. I've corrected the original post. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

Oops! My maths were correct, but I had a typo in the figures. Thornton had only played 4 holes. I've corrected the original post. :o

;)

Actually, my figures for Shane Lowry were wrong. He was originally shown as having bogeyed the 13th (his 4th) but this was subsequently changed to a double bogey, leaving him 3 over after 4. He did extremely well to cover the remaining 14 holes in 6 under par for a 67. Only Irish player to break par today, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ForeRight wrote: »

You are treading a thin line on here.

• Advertisement

I took it as a gentle slag - probably deserved for my carelessness. On the other hand, if I was somewhat sensitive about my mathematical ability, I might have been hurt/offended.

In all fairness, the mods have a difficult job to do and they do it pretty well. They never get thanked when they do a good job and they get slagged off any time they do something that anyone disagrees with. I'm not sure I'd be volunteering to do it any day soon.

I took it as a gentle slag - probably deserved for my carelessness. On the other hand, if I was somewhat sensitive about my mathematical ability, I might have been hurt/offended.

In all fairness, the mods have a difficult job to do and they do it pretty well. They never get thanked when they do a good job and they get slagged off any time they do something that anyone disagrees with. I'm not sure I'd be volunteering to do it any day soon.

Your diplomatic approach is to be commended! kudos!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,115 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

ForeRight, if you have an issue with a mod action, PM the mod, as has been explained many, many times.

m r c, Rikand, mickmackey1 do not comment on moderators actions, especially when they are not related to you.

Further on thread discussion will lead to cards, you all know this guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

Colsaerts Eagles the 618 yard 18th today, 447 yard drive and a gap wedge to the green. Insane.

Lowry nicely placed at -3.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Colsearts has had a very quiet 2014, was he injured?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Dealerz wrote: »
    Colsearts has had a very quiet 2014, was he injured?

Just playing poor, down to 199th in the world from 51st this week last year.

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=6893

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Just playing poor, down to 199th in the world from 51st this week last year.

http://www.owgr.com/en/Ranking/PlayerProfile.aspx?playerID=6893

Gosh, I hadn't even noticed that. Good to see him playing well today.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Gallagher +4 :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭markie4

Just looking at the Dunhill masters scores. Anyone any idea what Kieran McManus' handicap is? He just shot 60 with Peter Lawrie (70 on his own ball) to be joint leaders, so they obviously dove-tailed well. I seem to remember he's won this before? Think JP has won it too with Padraig. Anyone any idea what the prize is for the pro-am or is just bragging rights?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I know there is pecking order on these three courses, but can someone remind me? Which is the easiest/hardest of the three courses?

Advertisement