Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,533 ✭✭✭Speak Now

You'd have to go back to 2011 for his current earnings not to finish in top 110. With reduced sponsor's in Europe he is as Abff said effectively there. A return to Dubai his aim now.

Thornton and Phelan could do with a weekend like McGrane between now and end of regular season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Thornton and Phelan could do with a weekend like McGrane between now and end of regular season.

I am pretty sure Thornton is exempt next year. He had a win last year right?

• Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭paulos53

He won one of the smaller events which only give a 1 year exemption

• Registered Users Posts: 5,730 ✭✭✭abff

ssbob wrote: »
    I am pretty sure Thornton is exempt next year. He had a win last year right?

Yes, but his win was in a tournament worth less than €1.5m, so he only gets a one year exemption in addition to the year in which he won.

Yeah the same if McGrane had won yesterday he would still only have exemption to end of next year albeit in a much better category where you could plan your year much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

So the European Tour is bck in action in Denmark. Scoring is high, but Peter Lawrie going very nicely on -1 - God he needs it. Bjorn in front in his home event......not keen on his new beard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,348 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Bjorn guaranteeing his place on the ryder cup team. In this form, he deserves it

Rikand wrote: »
    Bjorn guaranteeing his place on the ryder cup team. In this form, he deserves it

It's good to see him playing well. He was probably going to qualify anyway because of winning the Nedbank Challenge last December. That was worth 46 world ranking points and almost €800k. I'm still not convinced that it should have counted towards the Ryder Cup, but if Bjorn wins this week, he'll have earned his place.

Nice to see Peter Lawrie have a sub par round. Hopefully he'll keep it going tomorrow and over the weekend. He needs a big cheque to give him a chance of holding onto his card.

Meanwhile poor Kevin Phelan has a 6 on a par 3 and a 10 on a par 5! I wonder what happened.

Hoey having a good start as well :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

vienne86 wrote: »
    Meanwhile poor Kevin Phelan has a 6 on a par 3 and a 10 on a par 5! I wonder what happened.
    Sounds like water or hazard trouble. I don't think I've ever scored a 10 on a par 5. Gives me hope :D

Lovely to hear Peter Lawrie being the golfer mentioned on RTE this morning. I know he needs a really big cheque to save his card, but here's hoping.

Lovely to hear Peter Lawrie being the golfer mentioned on RTE this morning. I know he needs a really big cheque to save his card, but here's hoping.

Not a good start for him this afternoon. Four over after six holes before getting a birdie at the 7th. Just one shot inside the cut line at present.

Phelen was 17 shots better today, just missed the cut.

James Heath, who was playing in the last group, bogeyed his last hole (the 9th) and an additional 19 players, including Michael Hoey and Simon Thornton, have made the cut as a result.

Phelen was 17 shots better today, just missed the cut.

Joint best round of the day. Very unlucky to miss the cut by 1 stroke. I wonder what happened to him yesterday.

abff wrote: »
    James Heath, who was playing in the last group, bogeyed his last hole (the 9th) and an additional 19 players, including Michael Hoey and Simon Thornton, have made the cut as a result.

Excellent news. Pity Kevin Phelan had such an awful first day

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Nice to see Bradely Dredge up there, did he not lose his card?

He's been playing a lot of Challenge Tour, even EuroPro tour events.

I see that Michael Hoey has withdrawn, but can't find anything on the internet about why he's done so.

Peter Lawrie is 2 over after 10 for his round today and Simon Thornton is 4 over after 17, so neither looks likely to pick up a big cheque this week.

Excellent news. Pity Kevin Phelan had such an awful first day

He'd be in contention only for those 2 holes never mind the cut.

• Advertisement

Some woeful scoring in Denmark today. Peter Lawrie on level par. I know it is not going to be enough to save his season, but would love to see him get something to help his confidence.

Fairplay to warren but dredge certainly had his chances to take it from him

For the second week in a row, someone playing in the last group dropped shots on his last hole and allowed around 20 additional players to make the cut. This time around, it was Florian Praegant who, unfortunately for him, double bogeyed the 18th and missed the cut. Among the 20 golfers who ended up in a tie for 65th place were Peter Lawrie and Gareth Maybin.

Maybe this is a sign of a change in luck for Peter.

abff wrote: »
    For the second week in a row, someone playing in the last group dropped shots on his last hole and allowed around 20 additional players to make the cut. This time around, it was Florian Praegant who, unfortunately for him, double bogeyed the 18th and missed the cut. Among the 20 golfers who ended up in a tie for 65th place were Peter Lawrie and Gareth Maybin.

Maybe this is a sign of a change in luck for Peter.

I cross my fingers for Peter every week - good to see him getting a small piece of luck here.

Well done Jamie Donaldson winning today. That gets him into the Ryder cup - deservedly so, I think. He's in good form and should be an asset to the team.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

John Hahn ripping it up in Italy -

-9 through 11 holes!

update

Quad bogey.. oh dear...

His front 9 today was 10 shots better than yesterday.

update

Followed by birdie, eagle, par : 8 under through 16 with a quad bogey on the card!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Probably the most incredible round of golf I've ever seen. 8 under through 15 holes including a 7 on a par 3. 3 eagles so far. He will be sick over the quad bogey.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭LinksLad

The Peanut wrote: »
    Probably the most incredible round of golf I've ever seen. 8 under through 15 holes including a 7 on a par 3. 3 eagles so far. He will be sick over the quad bogey.
    He was in danger of not having a tour card for next year, so that'll ease the pain a bit.

LinksLad wrote: »
    He was in danger of not having a tour card for next year, so that'll ease the pain a bit.

Finished with a 7 under total. Could have been so much better.

• Advertisement

Stephen Gallacher is doing his best to make things very awkward for Paul McGinley. Alone in second place, 6 under through 10 and 16 under overall. Great effort although I'd imagine GMac isn't impressed.

Advertisement