Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The DP World Tour Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭abff

McGrane is going really well today. 4 under after 10 holes and in a 3 way tie for second, 2 shots behind the leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

abff wrote: »
    McGrane is going really well today. 4 under after 10 holes and in a 3 way tie for second, 2 shots behind the leader.

Still -4 today but now in a 3 way tie for the lead. Excellent stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,881 ✭✭✭WHIP IT!

Two-way tie now with Jamieson thru 16. Both two clear of Horsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Brilliant round this by McGrane

The game in Russia just hasn't caught on going by the crowds, or lack thereof

Two-shot lead playing the last. He's minus-7 for the day, flawless round.

• Advertisement

Jesus, Horsey eAgled 17 out of nowhere. He's only one back and McGrane has an 8/10 footer for PAR on 18 :eek:

Missed it :(

Horsey needs to birdie the last to win.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭ronjo

WHIP IT! wrote: »
    Missed it :(

Horsey needs to birdie the last to win.

How is horsey doing on 18?

Just saw it's gone to playoff

ronjo wrote: »
    Just saw it's gone to playoff

Wish they'd hurry up - I've to go to work :D

• Advertisement

Horsey wins

I'd say Damien must hate that 18th. 7 birdies and 10 pars for the first 17 holes today and then bogeys the 18th twice to fall back into a play off and then lose it. I thought he was home and hosed until Horsey sank that chip for eagle on the 17th. When the chip went in, I felt like I did when Stewart Cink sank that long putt to birdie the 18th in The Open a few years back. I remember thinking at the time that that putt was the one that was going to prevent Tom Watson winning his 6th Open.

I had the same sinking feeling today, even though the stakes were not quite as high. Great round by Damien, but he must be feeling absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,107 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Horsey wins

Horsey by a nose.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 27,123 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Just goes to show.

What it shows exactly I'm not 100% sure, but show it it does nonetheless!

PARlance wrote: »
    Horsey by a nose.... ;)

You really should rein in your tendency to make puns.

GreeBo wrote: »
    Just goes to show.

What it shows exactly I'm not 100% sure, but show it it does nonetheless!

And you shouldn't jump to conclusions!

You really should rein in your tendency to make puns.

Alright lads, c'mon, back on topic.... anyway, was disappointed to see McGrane fall at the final hurdle I must say...

:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,094 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

Langer is 14 ahead in the Seniors :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

RikkFlair wrote: »
    Langer is 14 ahead in the Seniors :eek:

Would love to see Langer win an actual Open - he still could.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭Boskowski

I don't know how one equates to another but this was absolutely remarkable, could nearly bring him back for the Ryder Cup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Boskowski wrote: »
    I don't know how one equates to another but this was absolutely remarkable, could nearly bring him back for the Ryder Cup.

He could play 4somes with Monty :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Horsey wins

Gutted for Mcgrane. How much did he earn?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Horsey wins

• Registered Users Posts: 8,540 ✭✭✭Speak Now

vienne86 wrote: »

Euro 111,110. Up to 77th in race to Dubai, consolation of almost certainly securing his card for next season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭ssbob

Euro 111,110. Up to 77th in race to Dubai, consolation of almost certainly securing his card for next season.

Also his season is trending upwards, has made the cut now in last 4 events and had a T-12th in a very good field at the French Open.

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭paulos53

McGrane jumped over 100 spots in the world rankings and ahead of Harrington. I am not sure if that is something to be happy or sad about :confused:

paulos53 wrote: »
    McGrane jumped over 100 spots in the world rankings and ahead of Harrington. I am not sure if that is something to be happy or sad about :confused:

I guess it provides additional perspective on Harrington's recent lack of form. I really hope he can turn things around. Good to see Damien on an upward trend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I read yesterday that the result in Russia actually did secure his card for next year. Could be @irishgolfdesk, cant quite remember.

Jimdagym wrote: »
    I read yesterday that the result in Russia actually did secure his card for next year. Could be @irishgolfdesk, cant quite remember.

I also read that in Irishgolfdesk. I think what he meant was that it effectively secured his card by next season by being worth enough money to ensure he will finish in the top 110.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

I also read that in Irishgolfdesk. I think what he meant was that it effectively secured his card by next season by being worth enough money to ensure he will finish in the top 110.

Found it.
    Damien McGrane went down to David Horsey in sudden death but earned enough in the M2M Russian Open to secure his tour card for 2015.
    I took it the other way myself, but thats the only part of the story that has any mention except for
    “I played lovely all week so I’m very pleased with my week," said McGrane, who earned €111,110 to move comfortably into the top 80 in the Race to Dubai.

Here is the full story
    http://www.irishgolfdesk.com/news-files/2014/7/27/silver-lining-for-mcgrane-as-he-loses-russian-open-playoff?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+IrishGolfDesk+%28Irish+Golf+Desk%29

Advertisement