Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3/FM Radio/Voice Recorder Micro SD €22 Delivered [Ebay]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

What am I doing wrong when I go into Music > Album > U2 Best of 1980-1990 and instead of a list of the songs in that album it displays:

U2 Best of 1980-1990
    U2 Best of 1980-1990
    U2 Best of 1980-1990
    U2 Best of 1980-1990
    U2 Best of 1980-1990
    U2 Best of 1980-1990

But if I click on any of them it will go to the Play screen and display the name properly there? Id3 tags look fine, Sansa FW.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Are you clicking the first flile?

Switch the mode again... to MSC.

Also, do you have an extra file (empty) in the folder? Is there a track at the start of the album that isn't a track?

No change, must just be a freak album, hopefully doesnt do that with all the FLACs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Sucked in again, damn you BA :D

Sh1t, think Im going to have to return this, the battery is useless, barely enough to make it into town and back when I go out, Id say I only have 4 hours max of battery life, not enough for my needs. I tried Rockbox with the brightness turned down low, screen timeout 10 seconds etc, no difference.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Something wrong with it. Mine lasts a lot longer that and its about 2+yrs old. Default settings and firmware.

Yeah. Both mine last for ages before i have to charge them again.
    At least 8 hours.

Read this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

Mine lasts about 5hrs, usually most of the working day, since you wouldn't have it on all day. But then its quite old.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

I got mine from Pixmania, 2GB Clip+.....cracking sound!, lasts 8-10 hours. I always use the Sansa Updater, thankfully the W8 issues have been fixed: http://forums.sandisk.com/t5/User-guides-Firmware-Software/The-Latest-Sansa-Firmware-Updater-Version-1-406/td-p/65028

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

got mine this morning, lovely little device. thanks OP!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,190 ✭✭✭Dublinstiofán

Got mine this morning, great for the money. Stuck a 32gb card into it straight away. Works a treat!

Was smaller than I expected though but that's great for the gym!

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

My refurb just got the screen of death and won't turn on or reset or anything :mad: Literally used it about four hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Oops spoke a second too soon. Just got it to reset. Really hope it's not temperamental.

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Got mine yesterday. It's tiny!

Seems to have a faulty earphone socket, so back for a replacement :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

tiny all right, quality of sound is brilliant!

When I get my replacement after sending it back because of a dud battery Ill be putting this version of Rockbox on it:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=633952&postcount=538

Its a modified build that doesnt activate the screen and backlight when you change volume or skip forward/back, its supposed to get you another couple of hours battery life and is perfect for me because Im always messing with the volume and skipping back and forth, heres a Clip + version of the same mod:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=634383&postcount=546

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭Ardent

Thanks, just ordered a Clip Zip!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

got a 16gb san disk sd card on play.com to go with the clip for 12 euro delivered cant go wrong

still having touched rockbox the standard fw is perfect

Thargor wrote: »
    When I get my replacement after sending it back because of a dud battery Ill be putting this version of Rockbox on it:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=633952&postcount=538

Its a modified build that doesnt activate the screen and backlight when you change volume or skip forward/back, its supposed to get you another couple of hours battery life and is perfect for me because Im always messing with the volume and skipping back and forth, heres a Clip + version of the same mod:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/forum/showpost.php?p=634383&postcount=546
    Finally got mine replaced by the Ebay vendor today, installed that Rockbox firmware up there and it works exactly as promised, no backlight when you press the volume keys or NEXT/PREV track which is perfect for me as said, had a 20 minute walk around where I work at lunch today and battery had only dropped to 98% so I think Im good now.

USB seems more stable on that version aswell ^, at least it plugs in and charges every time now in Rockbox and doesnt crash and freeze when I unplug, still have to boot into Sansa FW to copy anything across though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Just installed that same firmware Thargor, should be quite an increase. I generally have my entire collection on shuffle, probably spending 90% of my battery on skipping songs.

• Advertisement

Check in Settings>General Settings>Display>LCD Screen

Couple of handy options in there for your personal preference, i think a few of them are new to this FW, also a warning for first time users of this FW, I thought it wasnt working first after installing it but theres an option in that menu to disable backlight on volume button press, turned that to on and it was all good.

TPD wrote: »
    Just installed that same firmware Thargor, should be quite an increase. I generally have my entire collection on shuffle, probably spending 90% of my battery on skipping songs.
    How do you random shuffle? I can generate a random shuffled playlist of everything on the internal memory or everything on the SD card but I cant do one from both...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Thargor wrote: »
    How do you random shuffle? I can generate a random shuffled playlist of everything on the internal memory or everything on the SD card but I cant do one from both...

My 'database' contains both internal and SD. I just go to Database -> All Artists -> All Tracks, pick one I haven't heard in a while, then when it's playing hold select, playback options -> shuffle -> yes.

I'm not sure if there was anything involved in getting the database to include all files.

Thanks, bit weird there's no straight option to Shuffle All though like basically every other player out there though isnt it?

Hows everyone getting on with their Clips? Im loving mine, best mp3 player Ive ever had and Ive had a lot of them, Ill never be able to back to one that you cant clip to yourself again, its too handy on the bike and working and it only cost less than a fifth of what Ive paid in the past. Cant believe the sound out of it for the size, I never go above 75% volume and it crystal clear. Great battery with that backlight firmare aswell, thanks to the OP.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

got this the battery in it is crap doesnt last long at all

Yeah I sent my first one back, battery was sh1te, to be honest the one I got back isnt much better, with the screen on you can watch the battery meter fall by a rate of about 1% per minute, not good. Keeping the screen off like I do with that modded firmware gets me a couple of days though so Im happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

bought mine new get 12 hrs out of it well worth 35 euro amazing mp3

mean gene wrote: »
    got this the battery in it is crap doesnt last long at all

I have bought 6 altogether. I bought them for friends abroad, and here.

One arrived with a poor battery, i contacted them, and they even asked me would i prefer it to be sent directly to my friend abroad, rather then to myself.

He received the replacement pretty quickly. Says the battery lasts about 15 hours now. Same as mine.

It's possible to get a dud, as loads of them were ordered and all refurbs. But they will replace it for you straight away.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭branners69

Has anyone used a 64gb card in their Clip Zip?

In particular this card

You can buy an 8gb clip zip and the card for €100.

Advertisement