Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3/FM Radio/Voice Recorder Micro SD €22 Delivered [Ebay]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

I'd be surprised if most people could hear any difference between the two Zip or Clip. Personally the new USB connector so its the same as the mobile phone is a big plus on the Zip.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

Thanks for this lads ! I ordered a Zip, my 160gb iPod is slowly clapping out sadly, after 6 years loyal service, so I'll get this in anticipation of it failing. I have a few 32gb SD's so I can bring it up to 38gb which should hold most of my music. Pity he doesn't have any 8gb models.

One thing I read up on with the zip, its got a Micro Usb connector, the same as most phones & gadgets, the clip has the older mini usb plug so it might be tricker to find a charger.

Either way 20 quid is worth punt, I can't bring my self to the pay nearly the same price for tech I brought 6 years ago (iPod classic) and I don't want any of the fancyness the touch brings .Finally physical buttons are must for when its in your pocket or when fumbling across the desk for the next track.

My phone can play MP3's too, but it has enough battery life issues without having to play music on top of them. (and touch screens suck for pockets !)

Next thing is someway to figure out how to get it to sync with iTunes in the most effortless way possible (I hate iTunes but the hassle of trying to migrate playlists and tracks to something else is just too painful.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

jontr wrote: »
    I've had a Sansa Clip few year ago and it was THE best mp3 player I ever had. no ipod or mobile phone stands close to it when it comes to sound quality. unfortunately after 2.5 years the battery went completely dead :(

Have a quick Google and see if the battery is handy enough to replace. I replaced the battery on my Sansa e280 a few months back. Was only a matter of removing 4 screws. I bought the replacement on eBay for less than €5.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

http://www.pixmania.ie/ie/uk/3903010/art/sandisk/sansa-clip-4-gb-mp3-playe.html
    anyone looking for new one this looks good deal... pixmania any good to order off before i go ahead an purchase?

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

EI2011 wrote: »
    anyone looking for new one this looks good deal... pixmania any good to order off before i go ahead an purchase?

No they are probably the most notoriously bad retailer around these parts.

Why pay that considerably higher price, when the OP has one for around 22? And the Sansa zip is available for just under 25?

I ordered a Zip guys, I'll do a mini review when I get it. Cheers OP!

• Advertisement

No they are probably the most notoriously bad retailer around these parts.

Why pay that considerably higher price, when the OP has one for around 22? And the Sansa zip is available for just under 25?

I ordered a Zip guys, I'll do a mini review when I get it. Cheers OP!

never have look with refurbs man

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

If you insist on buying a new one then go with amazon - no shipping charges:
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B002NX0MEG/ref=noref?ie=UTF8&psc=1&s=network-media

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

And no burgundy colour schemes either!

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm definitely putting rockbox on mine when I get it. Will make this the ultimate player.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

i've had mine a year or more and i still haven't bothered rockboxing it

really should some day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭nervous_twitch

Cheers OP. Just ordered. Had a Sansa before but I misplaced it. Great little player. Now to find some Bargain Alert earphones.

Allyall wrote: »
    I think i read in some of the reviews that the clip zip is not as good as the Clip+.
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/sansa-clip-8gb
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/sandisk-sansa-clip-zip-4gb

But i don't know how accurate that is, as i haven't got a Clip Zip..

Silicon cases available too for the players, around €6. -
    Probably cheaper elsewhere.

I also just read that the Fuze+ isn't as good as the Fuze.

One thing that you should definitely do if you get it, is install rockbox.

have had both. clip zip is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭padyjoe

In what terms if you don't mind asking? Apart from the sound quality most of us probably would use an mp3 player on the move and such portability, easy to use and long battery life are the most important.

padyjoe wrote: »
    In what terms if you don't mind asking? Apart from the sound quality most of us probably would use an mp3 player on the move and such portability, easy to use and long battery life are the most important.

sound quality is the same, battery life is the same imo, buttons layout and quality are better, build quality overall is a bit better, colour screen is better than the old screen for album art etc., now has micro usb which has replaced mini usb so it's handier as most recent devices use this so less cables to keep around.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 875 ✭✭✭mean gene

ordered cheers op

• Registered Users Posts: 5,583 ✭✭✭Zardoz

glasso wrote: »
    have had both. clip zip is better.
    The screen on the Clip Zip is tiny, 1.1 inch ,its 2.4 inch on the Fuze.

I'm looking for a player to connect up to a 2.1 sound system at home and use it as a jukebox ,Fuze seems to be the best option.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

We use a clip+ hooked up to a HiFi. Works fine.

I don't really thing you need the bigger screen for that.

I was going to order one to have as a spare as my Zen Vision M was giving up the ghost after so much abuse over the last 5 years, then today I got my bike back from the shop and was taking a quick spin to test it out and the Zen fell out of my pocket and got run over by a van:

3RUsfuOh.jpg

4hbZM5Hh.jpg

fPZV13x.jpg?1

At least it protected my music collection right to the end, currently copying it all over to the laptop and it seems fine :(

Im gutted though, that was the best gadget I ever owned, played every file I ever put on it, watched god knows how many films and tv shows on it all through college (it could output fullscreen to a tv with an AV cable) nevermind the thousands of hours of music, great sound, great interface, been underwater and soaked in the rain a million times, left it on a bus once and Dublin Bus got it back for me, Ill miss it like a pet dog.

Cant justify spending €150 on one though when I can get an 8 GB Clip Zip and an 8 GB SD card for 1/4 of that price, ordered this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/8GB-SanDisk-Sansa-Clip-Zip-MP3-Player-Recorder-FM-Radio-8-GB-Micro-SD-Card-USB-/181043048139?ssPageName=ADME:L:OC:IE:3160

Will review when I get it, thanks to Allyall for the good timing on this bargain alert.

BostonB wrote: »
    We use a clip+ hooked up to a HiFi. Works fine.

I don't really thing you need the bigger screen for that.

exactly. and clip zip, as it's name suggests has a clip which is excellent for sports. screen is perfectly legible on it. it's not for watching movies...

have one ordered any ideas were to get the cheapest 16 or 32gb micro sd for it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

I ordered a flat screen and wall mount from them in December. The wall mount had been opened before I received it and was missing parts. It took a few calls and emails to finally get a refund. It wasn't that they were purposely trying to screw me or anything. Just got the feeling they have some lazy customer care staff.
    have one ordered any ideas were to get the cheapest 16 or 32gb micro sd for it?

Check http://www.mymemory.co.uk/. I ordered a 32gb Sandisk Micro SD last week. Approx. €22 including delivery. Search the Bargain Alerts forum for "mymemory.co.uk codes". I got 5% off =]

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

Thargor wrote: »
    I was going to order one to have as a spare as my Zen Vision M was giving up the ghost after so much abuse over the last 5 years, then today I got my bike back from the shop and was taking a quick spin to test it out and the Zen fell out of my pocket and got run over by a van:

I feel for you, man! As I mentioned before, mine was stolen from my car after I stupidly left it sitting on the passenger seat. So not only did I lose my faithful old friend (along with a painstakingly assembled music collection) I also had to get a smashed window repaired. Not good.

As you no doubt know you can pick up refurbished Vision:Ms on Ebay: For example

However, it's kinda hard to now justify laying out 120 euro, plus postage, for one when the Sansa is going for a fraction of that. It's a shame really. A great wee player that's becoming a collectors item and no sign of any successor from the manufacturers.

Enjoy the Clip Zip. Wear it well.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Hmm must sell my own of these, the +volume button broke so i rockboxed it and you can turn up volume in the options now. Annoying problem with all the clip+'s. Great little player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

I posted this a few days back in: boards.ie > Tech > Consumer Electronics > Headphones & Portable Audio Devices

Here's what you get from itstor:

clipziprefurbamalgam.jpg

clipziprefurbsideamalga.jpg

If you're eagle eyed, you can get them priced as low as £16 odd, which is what mine was.. so, just above €20, with P&P.

Does Rockbox boost the battery life on these?

Does Rockbox boost the battery life on these?

'boost' is probably not the best word, maybe 'extend'.

Depends on your settings, how fast you have the screen time out (switch off), the file format you're playing etc..

One question which bugged me was how the internal storage is 'viewed'. Basically, once you update your Database after loading music, the music is just there, listed, there's no internal and MicroSD listings, only if you want it listed that way.

Under Rockbox, you can also hide the internal storage and just have the MicroSD listed. Anything and everything really. Rockbox is like Playdoh. Just mould it into the player *you* want.

Amalgam wrote: »
    'boost' is probably not the best word, maybe 'extend'.

Depends on your settings, how fast you have the screen time out (switch off), the file format you're playing etc..

One question which bugged me was how the internal storage is 'viewed'. Basically, once you update your Database after loading music, the music is just there, listed, there's no internal and MicroSD listings, only if you want it listed that way.

Under Rockbox, you can also hide the internal storage and just have the MicroSD listed. Anything and everything really. Rockbox is like Playdoh. Just mould it into the player *you* want.
    Perfect thanks, btw the bit of your post Ive bolded is exactly what I want in a player, the 8 GB of internal storage on the one I bought will do me anyway now that my main collection has been uploaded to Google Music, I only have a few favourite albums and a bit of new stuff on the go at any given time.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,384 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Perfect thanks, btw the bit of your post Ive bolded is exactly what I want in a player, the 8 GB of internal storage on the one I bought will do me anyway now that my main collection has been uploaded to Google Music, I only have a few favourite albums and a bit of new stuff on the go at any given time.

And if that wasn't how you wanted it to be then you can also view the split folders via the folder via :D great lil device, I must pick up a spare one as my clip+ is gonna be 4 (or 5?) this year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

How long is delivery taking?

Advertisement