Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3/FM Radio/Voice Recorder Micro SD €22 Delivered [Ebay]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

Great MP3 player for the money. Apparently it will take a 64gb MicroSD (I've yet to try it). It is also compatible with Rockbox. A free feature rich firmware alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I just noticed their store. They're also selling the Sansa Fuse+ for €30ish delivered.
    http://stores.ebay.ie/itstor

It also gets great reviews everywhere.
    Tested at £70stg - 4 stars out of 5

Tested at $59 - $189 - 4 out of 5

Tested at $119 - 3.5 out of 5

I think i'll buy this tomorrow.. €30.. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭johnny-grunge

They really are an underrated brand. I have an 8gb Sansa e280 about 4-5 years. Sturdy as hell. Just bought a 32gb MicroSD for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭SomeFool

Use one of these for running over the last 2 years, great bit of kit - excellent price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

By a long way, this is the best value-for-money MP3 player that has ever been on the market.

If you just want something to play music (not videos/pictures), this is the one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭brimal

I paid €37 for one a month ago from Amazon, really happy with it. Great little mp3 player

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

• Registered Users Posts: 5,582 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Allyall wrote: »
    I just noticed their store. They're also selling the Sansa Fuse+ for €30ish delivered.
    http://stores.ebay.ie/itstor

It also gets great reviews everywhere.
    Tested at £70stg - 4 stars out of 5

Tested at $59 - $189 - 4 out of 5

Tested at $119 - 3.5 out of 5

I think i'll buy this tomorrow.. €30.. :)
    The touchsceen interface on the Fuze+ is supposed to be very poor and sluggish.The controls on the older Fuze were much better and smoother.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

How is the radio on these?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I haven't got a clue. I haven't ever even heard of this brand. But I am interested to see one.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

SanDisk are a very well known memory manufacturer. So I wouldn't worry about the brand anyway.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

love my clip+, fantastic audio player

How is the radio on these?

radio reception is OK. will work fine in good reception areas like cities, but not good outside that.

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭notGill

I just bought this, I'll let you all know what it's like when I get it! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Nate--IRL--

I'll just add that the Sansa Clip also features amazing sound quality - I have bought 3 over the years and still use the one I accidentally put through the washing machine every day in the Gym. Can't recommend them enough.

Edit:- combine the Clip with some Sennheiser CX200s for aural pleasure.

Nate

Zardoz wrote: »
    The touchsceen interface on the Fuze+ is supposed to be very poor and sluggish.The controls on the older Fuze were much better and smoother.

Yeah i saw that, But the controls are supposed to be good, as is the sound. I wouldn't be to worried about the Touch Screen, as it will be in my pocket most of the time, also that was written a while ago, so they may have released a better firmware by now.

I bought the Sansa Clip about a month ago and love it. So i'm looking at a backup, for €20/€30 these players are great..

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Great deal, probably the best value dedicated music player out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,246 ✭✭✭donnacha

Cheers OP. Just bought a clip+.

For anyone else getting on this you'll probably need to do a quick factory reset to get over EU sound restrictions: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7890/~/sansa-player-volume-is-too-low

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

I'm just repeating what many of the previous comments have stated: this is the best value music player available on the market. Quite possibly the best value player, ever.

I thought nothing could ever improve on my Creative Zen Vision:M (please release a successor, Creative!), and while it's not really a like-for-like comparison, the Sansa player has been a marvellous replacement.

Anything But IPod have an excellent review of the Clip+ here: http://anythingbutipod.com/2009/08/sandisk-sansa-clip-plus-review/

Oh, and it plays practically ANY audio file format. A huge amount of tech in a relatively cheap and small device.

Great spot, OP. I'll be picking up one of these.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,885 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

So do i go for the Clip or the Clip Zip do you think? Leaning towards the Zip as its black not purple.

+1 for the Zen Vision M by the way, mine is 5 years old now and still going strong every day despite being in bits and only being held together by a silcone case I bought for it, absolutely indestructible piece of technology.

• Advertisement

Comparison/Review of the Clip Zip here:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64913

Just checked on Ebay, €150 for a refurbished Zen Vision M or 20 quid for one of these? Clip Zip it is I think.

Thargor wrote: »
    So do i go for the Clip or the Clip Zip do you think? Leaning towards the Zip as its black not purple.

+1 for the Zen Vision M by the way, mine is 5 years old now and still going strong every day despite being in bits and only being held together by a silcone case I bought for it, absolutely indestructible piece of technology.

I think i read in some of the reviews that the clip zip is not as good as the Clip+.
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/sansa-clip-8gb
    http://www.whathifi.com/review/sandisk-sansa-clip-zip-4gb

But i don't know how accurate that is, as i haven't got a Clip Zip..

Silicon cases available too for the players, around €6. -
    Probably cheaper elsewhere.

I also just read that the Fuze+ isn't as good as the Fuze.

One thing that you should definitely do if you get it, is install rockbox.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

donnacha wrote: »
    Cheers OP. Just bought a clip+.

For anyone else getting on this you'll probably need to do a quick factory reset to get over EU sound restrictions: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7890/~/sansa-player-volume-is-too-low

That's a good point, the default sound restriction level was very frustrating.
    But the workaround in that link is simple to implement.

That's the only issue I had about my Clip Player, they are great value.

Comparison/Review of the Clip Zip here:

http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64913

Just checked on Ebay, €150 for a refurbished Zen Vision M or 20 quid for one of these? Clip Zip it is I think.

That's probably a better review.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Bloody bargain alerts and bloody Allyall.
    You got me with the artic and now this!!:D:D:D
    What are the advantages of rockbox???

How do you actually scroll lists and change the volume on these? Is there no touchscreen slider? You have to click the button over and over again?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭crackity_jones

Incredible piece of hardware. I picked up a refurbished one some years back and only when some scuzzball stole it from me did I realise how hard it was going to be to replace it. Creative's current players are just not a patch on it.

As for choosing between the Clip+ or the Clip Zip, I'd be inclined to go for the Clip+ as I've bought 2 of them and was very impressed. Good comparison review here on the ABI forums: http://anythingbutipod.com/forum/showthread.php?t=64913

[Edit: Sorry for reposting the review link Thargor posted. I left a new post window open a little too long.]

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

How do you actually scroll lists and change the volume on these? Is there no touchscreen slider? You have to click the button over and over again?

there is a volume button on the side of the clip+. hold down on top to scroll volume up, press rapidly to volume up quicker. same for down

to scroll through the tracks yeah you press the button up/down but the buttons are nice and responsive, it's no hassle at all to use

Redriddick wrote: »
    Bloody bargain alerts and bloody Allyall.
    You got me with the artic and now this!!:D:D:D
    What are the advantages of rockbox???

You want to check out the amount of useless stuff i've bought.. :o

(Neither of these/those included :))

http://www.rockbox.org/wiki/WhyRockbox
    What is Rockbox? Why should I use it?

Rockbox is an open source firmware replacement for a growing number of digital audio players. It has been in development since 2001 and receives new features, tweaks and fixes every day to provide you with the best possible music listening experience. Rockbox aims to be considerably more functional and efficient than your device's stock firmware while remaining easy to use and customizable. It is a goal to not only offer a wide range of functionality, but where possible make sure that this functionality is presented in a consistent manner that is easy to learn and use. It is written by users, for users.

Another top priority of Rockbox is audio playback quality. Rockbox, for most models, includes a wider range of sound settings than that device's original firmware. A lot of work has been put into making Rockbox sound the best it can, and improvements are constantly being made. All models have access to a large number of plugins, including many games, applications, and graphical demos.

You can load different configurations quickly for different purposes (e.g. a large font for in your car, different sound settings for at home). You can even customize your While Playing Screen to display only and exactly what you want to see when your music is playing. In addition, Rockbox features a wide range of languages, and all supported models also have the ability to talk to you - menus can be voiced and filenames spelled out or spoken.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jontr

I've had a Sansa Clip few year ago and it was THE best mp3 player I ever had. no ipod or mobile phone stands close to it when it comes to sound quality. unfortunately after 2.5 years the battery went completely dead :(

Advertisement