Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4GB SanDisk Sansa Clip+ MP3/FM Radio/Voice Recorder Micro SD €22 Delivered [Ebay]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Ordered this time yesterday and got a dispatch notice at 10 am anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭Amalgam

Ilyushin76 wrote: »
    How long is delivery taking?

Monday to Monday. 7 days, give or take.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

However, it's kinda to now justify laying out 120. euro, plus postage, for one when the Sansa is going for a fraction of that. It's a shame really. A great wee player that's becoming a collectors item and no sign of any successor from the manufacturers.

Enjoy the Clip Zip. Wear it well.

I have often wondered why mp3 players topped out at 160g b when you can get 2tb portable drives now. I guess most people don't want to carry more than 32gb of music (or even have that much). The other problem only became apparent after looking for iPod classic repair, 1.8" low power shock proof drives are hard to make ! Give it another while I guess and 128gb sds will come out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Just ordered a 4Gb Fuze+ for 27.09 euro ,will put Rockbox on it and it should be sweet.

imitation wrote: »
    I have often wondered why mp3 players topped out at 160g b when you can get 2tb portable drives now. I guess most people don't want to carry more than 32gb of music (or even have that much). The other problem only became apparent after looking for iPod classic repair, 1.8" low power shock proof drives are hard to make ! Give it another while I guess and 128gb sds will come out.

most mp3 players are flash based now. to power a hard-drive you need more energy. also hard-drives are bigger than flash-memory, making players bigger.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,056 ✭✭✭✭BostonB

imitation wrote: »

The 160gb drives were 1.8" zif drives the 2TB portables are 2.5" Sata drives. The biggest drive you can get in an iPod is a 240GB by a 3rd party. Some laptops and netbooks also used 1.8" zif drives, (or 1.8" SSDs) but there are getting hard to find, as few places are making them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Cheers op, bought one this morning

• Registered Users Posts: 17,898 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Amalgam wrote: »
    Monday to Monday. 7 days, give or take.
    Can anyone else confirm this or was this poster just unlucky? Was hoping to have mine by Friday, cant stand using my Android phone as an mp3 player its so infuriating it ruins the music, you need physical buttons that you can use in your pocket without looking, the touchscreen and the lockscreen make it suchan unuseable mess.

The Winamp app has lockscreen controls but its still such a pain in the ass to use, is there any better player out there?

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭delynet

I ordered one last Friday and it arrived this morning.

Excellent little thing, just be sure to read about the low volume 'issue' further up in this thread. Easy to get around the Euro nanny setting by setting the region to rest of world

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Got my Zip this morning.

Cool little player. Need to find an SD card now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

delynet wrote: »
    I ordered one last Friday and it arrived this morning.

Excellent little thing, just be sure to read about the low volume 'issue' further up in this thread. Easy to get around the Euro nanny setting by setting the region to rest of world

Rockbox all the way.. :cool::D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,338 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

How do you reset the volume setting?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Somewhere in the settings menu there should be an option to reset to default, or reset to factory settings. Do that. You'll be brought to the initial setup screen and asked to select your location, insead of europe choose rest of world.

Somewhere in the settings menu there should be an option to reset to default, or reset to factory settings. Do that. You'll be brought to the initial setup screen and asked to select your location, insead of europe choose rest of world.

Does that format the memory?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,390 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Quite possibly, but I can't recall. It won't take long to back everything up before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

How do you reset the volume setting?

already posted
    donnacha wrote: »
    Cheers OP. Just bought a clip+.

For anyone else getting on this you'll probably need to do a quick factory reset to get over EU sound restrictions: http://kb.sandisk.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7890/~/sansa-player-volume-is-too-low

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

quick question if i filled the device 4gb memory and a full 32gb sd card does the player have to refresh sd card every time you power on device or sync new data? if so does the refresh take ages

Takes just a few seconds. The player, 'rebuilds the database'.

It'll detect a change and do it automatically, or you can force it to update manually, if you so wish.

Takes seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭EI2011

Amalgam wrote: »
    Takes just a few seconds. The player, 'rebuilds the database'.

It'll detect a change and do it automatically, or you can force it to update manually, if you so wish.

Takes seconds.

so once its refreshed and i dont update music or tags etc it wont refresh? in other words every time i turn on device it wont need to refresh once data wasn changed?

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Ilyushin76

EI2011 wrote: »
    so once its refreshed and i dont update music or tags etc it wont refresh? in other words every time i turn on device it wont need to refresh once data wasn changed?

My clip + used to update the database when anything was changed which took ages but I installed rockbox and it does it in the background so you can listen while it updates

It shouldn't update when you turn it on if you changed nothing

• Advertisement

Mine arrived today, looks as good as new, came fully charged and works fine so far. Looks as good as new. I ordered it on Monday Lunch break so the turnaround is pretty good for ebay. One thing I didn't expect how tiny it is ! Sound quality seems good, although the songs that come with it sound kind of naff.

Going to sort out my music collection tonight and put on rockbox.

InJB7Yhl.jpg

Is it possible to go back to sansas own firmware, if I don't like rockbox?

Yes, it couldn't be easier. You just delete the rockbox folder. If you don't want to delete rockbox you can also boot back into the original sansa firmware by holding the home/back button while you power the device on.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,121 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

not sure how long I can keep ignoring this bargain alert, just dont need it :(
    which is the smallest sansa.... if I wanted to buy it and use it as a watch?

not sure how long I can keep ignoring this bargain alert, just dont need it :(
    which is the smallest sansa.... if I wanted to buy it and use it as a watch?

Doesn't really have the aesthetics for a watch, unless you're going for that Dick Tracy vibe.. the clip is built in, making things a tad bulky.

dicksansatracy.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 30,121 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

If you need a final push..

You can play doom on it with rockbox !

Its plays quite well actually, much like with an old dpad controller. I don't think you'll have a 5 hour session on that 1 inch screen though

FfpniJEl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Is this really better sound-wise to say, a Samsung s3? I have a cowon iaudio 9 which does actually sound better, but that's with the help of the jet effects engine.

Is this really better sound-wise to say, a Samsung s3? I have a cowon iaudio 9 which does actually sound better, but that's with the help of the jet effects engine.

Technically, the Sansa Clip range are robust. Have a look at the tests carried out on a Sansa Clip+ by, 'Northwest Audio & Video Guy' here:

http://nwavguy.blogspot.ie/2011/02/sansa-clip-measured.html

A lot of it is going to be subjective too: I used Apple products for years and, to my ears at least, it has more meat to the sound and far better EQ managment, whether you're running default firmware, or Rockbox.

I can't comment on the Samsung SIII's abilities, I don't own one, but again, any of the mid-range Samsung phones I've plugged a headphones into, haven't come close. Quite flat and lacking push.

Currently, I just use lossless .flac files on my players, so, that's where I'm coming from. I can't vouch for lossy formats like .mp3 or similar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,843 ✭✭✭shootermacg

The only apple i've owned is a nano and putting it mildly they sound crap. The difference between the cowon and the s3 isn't as pronounced.
    I did buy a fiio e6 for the nano, this little amp bypassed apples, so as you can guess it made the apple sound geat possibly as good as the cowon flat.
    Definitely a good option for owners of apple pmps.

Advertisement