Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Milk Price- Please read Mod note in post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,422 ✭✭✭just do it

mf240 wrote: »
    I actually like the beef side of it.

I always knew there was something amiss with MF240 ;):D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭mf240

just do it wrote: »
    I always knew there was something amiss with MF240 ;):D

:D The people who aren't odd, are the ones i feel sorry for.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,113 ✭✭✭✭mahoney_j

Guess our milk price in Arrabawn ain't as good as it seems,.a penal 0.64 cent per litre deducted for collection even though most other coops have none.finally dropped though after long struggle from may1.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

mahoney_j wrote: »
    Guess our milk price in Arrabawn ain't as good as it seems,.a penal 0.64 cent per litre deducted for collection even though most other coops have none.finally dropped though after long struggle from may1.

any word of June price yet ?

orm0nd wrote: »

None but the dairy gold boys that joined were given a price commitment for summer seemingly.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭orm0nd

None but the dairy gold boys that joined were given a price commitment for summer seemingly.....

saw that

but C.R. denies it

no odds to me in any case . best of luck to them if they did

saw that

but C.R. denies it

no odds to me in any case . best of to them if they did

If true and rest of suppliers getting nothing I predict war!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

They can afford to be ahead of everyone else this year so!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,233 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

IT said in the journal thatlakelands where meeting yesterday to set june price,any word on this as it would be a marker for the rest of us? On the table in the journal Town of Monaghan didnt fare very well

Timmaay wrote: »
    They can afford to be ahead of everyone else this year so!

With Coll charge up to June 1 difference was minimal

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

I think it might be because the hauliers(with 151 scanias) are all seperate from the co-op. It costs a fair bit to haul milk from Mallow and Galway to Nenagh (and perhaps back to Galway). I notice glanbia's absence from the survey.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭Milked out

blue5000 wrote: »
    I think it might be because the hauliers(with 151 scanias) are all seperate from the co-op. It costs a fair bit to haul milk from Mallow and Galway to Nenagh (and perhaps back to Galway). I notice glanbia's absence from the survey.

Dairygold contract out milk haulage as well. If you have more than 15 collections in a month they'll charge 100 per collection thereafter unless it's suiting the haulier or some other circumstance. Glanbia are GII on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 4,580 ✭✭✭White Clover

blue5000 wrote: »

AFAIK the milk from around mallow, especially the pocket West of mallow, is going into North Cork CoOp in Kanturk. The gas thing is that this milk was being collected by dairy gold previously and delivered into Kanturk too !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭C0N0R

whelan2 wrote: »
    IT said in the journal thatlakelands where meeting yesterday to set june price,any word on this as it would be a marker for the rest of us? On the table in the journal Town of Monaghan didnt fare very well

Is that table based on average suppliers solids or 3.6 and 3.3?

C0N0R wrote: »
    Is that table based on average suppliers solids or 3.6 and 3.3?
    sorry cant check as the journal is gone to my parents house, maybe someone else can check?

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭poor farmer

Lakeland down .75 cent
    28 cent/litre base for June

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭CallofGuti

Saw on fj website that they cut by .75 cent a litre. Bit far down but there are a few lakeland boys in my area - that's getting close to comfort now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Dawggone wrote: »
    Ok prices for the next two months.

July holding at 32cpl + vat. Plus a bonus of about 2cpl that was already taken in mar/apr/may.

August as above.

September price will be agreed before end of July.

Got a text for September milk price earlier and as expected a drop is coming..
    31cpl + vat.

any word on glanbia price, milk statements are supposed to be out tomorrow?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

any word on glanbia price, milk statements are supposed to be out tomorrow?

To be set today I hear

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,394 ✭✭✭✭Timmaay

Predictions ha?

Timmaay wrote: »
    Predictions ha?
    up 4 cents :D there's only 1 way its going unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭Nettleman

Why is there such a push for EU intervention in the milk market to protect dairy farmers from market forces, when no such intervention was pushed for (or allowed last year by competition authority ) and others for beef farmers, in particular last year when prices were well below cost of production. Are EU and Irish Politian's talking out of both sides of their face on these closely related issues? And why are farmer representatives not highlighting this disparity in treatment for two fundamentally-linked farmer groups. Same question applies for tillage lads who had a very rough year last year as well.

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/brussels-uturn-on-milk-price-sees-intervention-extended-31373424.html

Nettleman wrote: »
    Why is there such a push for EU intervention in the milk market to protect dairy farmers from market forces, when no such intervention was pushed for (or allowed last year by competition authority ) and others for beef farmers, in particular last year when prices were well below cost of production. Are EU and Irish Politian's talking out of both sides of their face on these closely related issues? And why are farmer representatives not highlighting this disparity in treatment for two fundamentally-linked farmer groups. Same question applies for tillage lads who had a very rough year last year as well.

http://www.independent.ie/business/farming/brussels-uturn-on-milk-price-sees-intervention-extended-31373424.html

The l'oreal advert comes to mind...
    :).
    Very good question though!
    Maybe dairy isn't able for life without quotas just yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,135 ✭✭✭kowtow

The idea that intervention would force buyers to buy and cause an early recovery is frightening in its ignorance.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭jaymla627

The l'oreal advert comes to mind...
    :).
    Very good question though!
    Maybe dairy isn't able for life without quotas just yet.

Quotas are only a after thought when you consider all the other factors, American dairy farmers basically now have a guaranteed price for milk government aided that pays out when milk price on spot market drops below price of production to make up the difference, combined with Europe acting as a puppet for them they have us locked out of Russia aswell, factor in Chinese demand being non existent things are looking very bleak....
    Their's going to have to be a serious cull worldwide of dairy stock/ significant weather events to pull markets back up, if this dosent transpire in 2016 lads will be glad of invention prices at 21 cent to keep a floor under the price

kowtow wrote: »
    The idea that intervention would force buyers to buy and cause an early recovery is frightening in its ignorance.

Bang on.

This is what the industry has been screaming for. The sooner the price hits the floor the better. With the removal of protection the consolidation of the industry can commence...

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Quotas are only a after thought when you consider all the other factors, American dairy farmers basically now have a guaranteed price for milk government aided that pays out when milk price on spot market drops below price of production to make up the difference, combined with Europe acting as a puppet for them they have us locked out of Russia aswell, factor in Chinese demand being non existent things are looking very bleak....
    Their's going to have to be a serious cull worldwide of dairy stock/ significant weather events to pull markets back up, if this dosent transpire in 2016 lads will be glad of invention prices at 21 cent to keep a floor under the price

+1. Excellent post Jay.
    Those feckin Yankees! :)

Amazing that the EU will kick shyte out of one of their own and when it comes to geopolitics they kowtow to the yanks...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,511 ✭✭✭jaymla627

+1. Excellent post Jay.
    Those feckin Yankees! :)

Amazing that the EU will kick shyte out of one of their own and when it comes to geopolitics they kowtow to the yanks...

Dairying in the us is really on a winner at the minute, with this scheme and factoring in beef prices, they really can't lose dosent bode well for us...
    Got to the stage in some states where milk is being collected and dumped into clay holding ponds as the processors haven't the capicity for it...

• Advertisement

jaymla627 wrote: »
    Dairying in the us is really on a winner at the minute, with this scheme and factoring in beef prices, they really can't lose dosent bode well for us...
    Got to the stage in some states where milk is being collected and dumped into clay holding ponds as the processors haven't the capicity for it...

Good Lord!!

Food is political.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement