Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Opinions on same sex marriage in Ireland

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 26,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

sniperman wrote: »
    UNNATURAL,FULL STOP.

I didn't see that computer/phone/tablet you're posting on grow out of a hole in the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭Dimithy

darced wrote: »

Theres a clue in the name I think....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,916 ✭✭✭shopaholic01

Eeehh, read the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

So you're against it just on the fact that it's "gay marriage" because you don't know what else it's about?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭Tonyandthewhale

For the record I would just like to state that I am 100% against gay marriage on the grounds that I am an irrational and mean-spirited prick.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,423 ✭✭✭Morag

1ZRed wrote: »
    So you're against it just on the fact that it's "gay marriage" because you don't know what else it's about?
    If only he/she knew how it would boost dictionary sales.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

I could blather on about why it is I support gay marriage, but this lady sums it all up in an eloquent and compassionate four minutes or so.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 8,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Canard

I love the argument that it's unnatural, as if marriage is a natural thing that all living creatures partake in. :rolleyes:

Needless to say I support it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,007 ✭✭✭Phill Ewinn

I tried asking a similar question. Don't bother, they won't answer. The important thing to remember here is that they have the right to take the p1ss out of you for daring to ask any question about gay marriage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Let them eat wedding cake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

For the record I would just like to state that I am 100% against gay marriage on the grounds that I am an irrational and mean-spirited prick.

Finally! I knew we'd get there eventually. Sir/Madam/Other, I commend your honesty and integrity! :pac:

If only he/she knew how it would boost dictionary sales.:cool:

Eh about that... can I get in on that action? >_>

Might as well take the infertility with us on the way out since it'll be of no use to ye

I tried asking a similar question. Don't bother, they won't answer. The important thing to remember here is that they have the right to take the p1ss out of you for daring to ask any question about gay marriage.

There are 160 statory differences between civil legal marriage and civil partnership, while civil legal marriage is denied to people those 160 statutory rights and protections are denied to them.

They are listed here for you to read.

http://www.marriagequality.ie/getinformed/missingpieces.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Your questions were, eh, to put it nicely, lacking. They were nevertheless answered. You don't have to like the answers, but that won't make them go away.

Read all 12. Here's the highlights:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=84169229&postcount=171

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

There's always heterosexual sex. That ought to do just fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

Canard wrote: »
    I love the argument that it's unnatural, as if marriage is a natural thing that all living creatures partake in. :rolleyes:

Needless to say I support it.

Or the fact the gay sex happens in many different species throughout "nature".

ShooterSF wrote: »
    Or the fact the gay sex happens in many different species throughout "nature".

But homophobia in only 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,159 ✭✭✭mrkiscool2

I am sorry, I have to control myself here. How dare you! As humans, we should all have equal rights! There should never be "only a man and woman can do that". If you believe that, you should have some right taken away from you in return for your believe.

Morag wrote: »
    There are 160 statory differences between civil legal marriage and civil partnership, while civil legal marriage is denied to people those 160 statutory rights and protections are denied to them.

They are listed here for you to read.

http://www.marriagequality.ie/getinformed/missingpieces.html

I see. So if you incorporatex those 160 differences into civil partnership that would do fine?

If you took into account the one obvious difference between the two relationships would that be fine for me? Yes.

Isn't this issue easily solved?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,075 ✭✭✭Wattle

You're right if we let this pass in 20 years there'll be no heterosexuals having children. Anywhere.

:confused:
    You might want to read it again ........ and take your time.

mrkiscool2 wrote: »
    I am sorry, I have to control myself here. How dare you! As humans, we should all have equal rights! There should never be "only a man and woman can do that". If you believe that, you should have some right taken away from you in return for your believe.

Equal rights in two different relationships. One involving different sexes and another involving same sexes? All for it. Everyone happy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Petey89

Nothing major? are you for real it is "major" they are huge differences here and rights are not been given to gay people making us less important than straight couples, how is that "nothing major"??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

There's already gay couples raising children however those children have less rights. Only one of their parents is recognised as the parents which creates serious issues if one parent dies as the other is not recognised as a parent. These are people who are already effected. That's just one of the issues.

There's no difference in the quality of life between children adopted by same sex couples and heterosexual couples so an objection to same sex couples adopting is in itself irrational.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement